Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barrelmaniacs method bets

Quote Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
    Congratulation's BM,a great days work,job well done.
    Cheers Mick. I'm very aware though that it could all still be a case of beginners luck, but I'm having fun doing them and its nice to see that there might be some potential at the end of it. But I'm still a long way off risking my hard earned money on any of my method bets for the time being.

barrelmaniacs method bets

Quote Originally Posted by barrelmaniac View Post
    Cheers Mick. I'm very aware though that it could all still be a case of beginners luck, but I'm having fun doing them and its nice to see that there might be some potential at the end of it. But I'm still a long way off risking my hard earned money on any of my method bets for the time being.
    Understand, done the maths for you,you netted 28.80pts on the day or £288 profit.by my reckoning,that's better than luck.

13/05/10

7.50 Folk
    Kadount WON@2.19

7.25 Newmarket
    Donaldson lost

8.00 Newmarket
    Quadrille WON@3.26
    Diescentric lost
    Pleasant day lost

4.00 Perth
    Catch the perk lost
    Oscar Honey lost
    Top Dressing lost
    Bally Wall lost

4.35 Perth
    Hazeldene lost

2.10 York
    Honimiere lost
    Sariska WON@2.04

2.40 York
    Circumvant lost

3.10 York
    Dream Lodge N/R
    Balcarce nov lost

4.55 York
    Twist again lost
    Royal Trooper lost
    Oddsmaker lost
    Dan Buoy lost
    Hi Dancer lost

Bank now £2191.57

Hi BM good to see you having a go,very best wishes will follow with interest.

Hi BM good to see you having a go,very best wishes will follow with interest.
    Cheers Mick, it was a big of a rush job though this time as I have to run out the door very soon, However I doubt that the bets would have been much different even if I spent a lot more time on them- so I won't use that as an excuse if they all lose!

Its the first time for ages that I have had the time and energy to do some more method bets.

HI BM,i hope when you have the time,you will feel able to post,on your thinking behind the bets,would make interesting reading.
    Also be interested to no how you are finding the comparison between system and method bets.

Well, as you can see many of my bets involve dutching more than 1 selection in a race, so basically I am trying to find horses that I think are likely to win plus horses that I think have a decent chance of winning, and that's about it really..... rather than looking for value I'm trying to find winners, but in races where the value looks particularly bad or there seems like its an 'oddball' race that I can't get my head around makes the race a no bet. Its purely down to my interpretation of what might happen in the race, there are no hard rules that I follow just a case of the horses that I think might win might not be the same as the bookies or the rest of the general public.

1 winner, 1 loser. Im a little bit disappointed at how badly honimiere ran as I thought he would have done better. Circumvant also a disappointing run- I thought it had more potential than that.

In fact its all going pete tong today!

There is no getting away from the fact that today was a very bad day for the method bets, maybe the beginners luck is wearing off, who knows. So tune in for the next lot of method bets whenever that may be (possibly tomorrow)

Quote Originally Posted by barrelmaniac View Post
    There is no getting away from the fact that today was a very bad day for the method bets, maybe the beginners luck is wearing off, who knows. So tune in for the next lot of method bets whenever that may be (possibly tomorrow)
    HI BM i think you are being to hard on yourself,last time you posted alot of selections on the same day you made 28pts profit.So you have still got funds in hand to reinvest.

Hope you do post some more tomorrow,i could have four, be interesting to see if any are the same horses or races as yours.

HI BM i think you are being to hard on yourself,last time you posted alot of selections on the same day you made 28pts profit.So you have still got funds in hand to reinvest.

Hope you do post some more tomorrow,i could have four, be interesting to see if any are the same horses or races as yours.
    That's right, It's going to take much more than the number of bets that I have done so far to know if this is going to work or not. So hopefully I will ge time tomorrow to do some more.

14/05/10

Aintree 5.30
    Flower Haven ----------------------------------------WON@3.45
    Mini Minster---------------------------lost

Aintree 6.00
    Direct Flight
    Radetsky March
    Back Exit

Aintree 7.05
    Son of Flicka
    Divers

Aintree 8.15
    Manadam
    Flying Doctor
    Glen Rouge

Hamilton 6.50
    Flaneur
    Tres Amigos
    Commanche Raider
    Whispered Times

Hamilton 9.05
    Highland Warrior

Newbury 2.20
    Corporol Maddox ---------- lost
    Free for all N/R
    Rock Jock ----------- lost

Newbury 4.35
    Red Courtier--------------------lost---
    Arctic Cosmos----------------lost
    Essex Bridge---------------------lost
    Corres---------------------------lost

7.15 Newcastle
    Magic Echo
    Rosbay

8.25 Newcastle
    Floor Show
    Game Lad

Newmarket 3.00
    Kanaf ---------- - lost

Newmarket 4.45
    Ramona Chase------------------lost
    General Tufto---------------------lost

York 2.10
    Dangerous Midge --------------- lost
    Shadows lengthen (early price 30) --------------- lost
    Reve de Nuit N/R
    Antigua Sunrise -------------- lost
    Dazzling Light -------------- lost

York 3.10
    Carioca----------------------------lost
    Decorative N/R
    Hafawa -----------------------lost
    Sweet sonnet-----------------lost

Bank now £1894.85

HI BM best of luck to day,i see we agree about Dangerous midge,an interesting race,dispite the 11lb raise in rating he still comes out best on my figs,and i feel he may be even better over this trip.But it is very competitive and i can see your reasoning behind covering the bet.

HI BM best of luck to day,i see we agree about Dangerous midge,an interesting race,dispite the 11lb raise in rating he still comes out best on my figs,and i feel he may be even better over this trip.But it is very competitive and i can see your reasoning behind covering the bet.
    Yes, He is up in the weights, but I stll think he can give the others a good run for their money, Im not completely sure though but at odds of 7(ish) I thought it worth including. But as you said its a competitive race. Also look out for shadows lengthen, he is my wild card in that race- Its difficult to get a grasp on his handicapping effect on him but he could be possibly competitive and probably more suited to an eachway bet but even so he is included.

I also was having a close look at berling which is also one of your selections, although he looks like an improver I passed on him, but I was very close to Including him.

Today will be the day that either I lose all my paper winnings or build the paper winnings further, so lets find out what happens.

Not going well so far!

Best wishes for this evening BM,you have got lots of chances to turn things around.:)

Best wishes for this evening BM,you have got lots of chances to turn things around.:)
    I think I might change this thread to barrelmaniacs method lays!!!!!!

HI BM you had it tough today mate,but do keep going,anyone who posts thier selections before the race is i think tempting fate and on a hiding to nothing.

Believe me i no how it can feel to see your loses in print,and yet part of me still feels it is a worthwhile thing to do,because you can learn from your mistakes.

Give it another try tomorrow mate you could come up with one of your big priced winners.

HI BM you had it tough today mate,but do keep going,anyone who posts thier selections before the race is i think tempting fate and on a hiding to nothing.

Believe me i no how it can feel to see your loses in print,and yet part of me still feels it is a worthwhile thing to do,because you can learn from your mistakes.

Give it another try tomorrow mate you could come up with one of your big priced winners.

Yes a shocker today, but a few high priced places, Hopefully I will get chance again tomorrow before work. Even though this is a major setback I will continue, afterall Im not losing any money and this is just an experiment and a bit of fun, and the experiment is definatly not over yet!

19/05/10

4.55 Goodwood
    Penang Princess lost
    Curaco lost
    Coda Agency @12.0 betfair N/R

3.00 lingfield
    galiotto lost
    Largem lost

3.35 Lingfild
    Love in the park lost
    Catalan bay lost

8.00 Sedge
    Letham island lost
    Star tenor lost

8.30 sedge
    My condor lost

That's it for today..... not so many seem to fit the bill.

Best wishes for today mate.Did you have a look at the goodw 3.10 i got it down to two soul station and hypnotized but am unable to split them,and not into dutching.

Best wishes for today mate.Did you have a look at the goodw 3.10 i got it down to two soul station and hypnotized but am unable to split them,and not into dutching.

Yes, I did have a quick look at that race, but it was my thought that there are too many horses open to unexpected improvement to make any selections in that race, I openly admit that I don't know a great amount when it comes to method betting but that race gave me the jitters so I left it well alone.

A Clean sheet!!!!!!!!!

oh dear, a few more days like that and I might have to rethink things!!!!!!!

commiserations for today mate but at least you are having a go.Your next wave will probably include one of those big winners,you have predicted previously.

Ok, Im back with some more selections today. This will be updated with more selections through the day, obviously selections will be added before the race has started!

Bank £1804.85

3.05 Ascot
    Acquainted -- lost
    Fatanah --- lost
    Middle club --- lost
    Principal Role --- lost-

Ripon 4.00
    Fastnet storm
    Charlie Cool

Ripon 6.15
    Boston Blue (not copying you mick56, it just fits in with my methodology)

Warwick 3.35
    Outland
    Iguacu

Warwick 4.10
    Dickie Le Davoir
    Gazboolou

Warwick 5.20
    Applaude
    Shared Moment

Thread Information