Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: fav race

fav race

One of the nice things about our sport is the historical continuity of particular races and not just the classics.The stories of men and horses connected over the years,and your personal memorys which as a backer will invariably include good wins and near misses.

Perhaps because it could be deemed my local course my two most fav races are run at Newmarket,i have already posted about the Cambrigeshire on another thread,but my all time fav is the BUNBURY CUP a 7f hcap run at Newm each july.

I have over the years been at the meeting on plenty of occassions but in truth i find this is a race best enjoyed via TV,the combination of class speed and stamina needed by the winner in what is always a good size field makes for an exciting race.

From a betting aspect i have had some great wins many losses and near misses.My first memory concerning this comes from 1979 would you belive,i had been having a good run and made a case for Greenhill God trained by a mr michael stoute i decided to plunge and had £200( a huge bet in those days for most) at the opening board price of 11/2 without any fuss (oh how things have changed since!)the horse won well and i can remember walking away with my pockets stuffed with cash,silly perhaps even in those days but a great feeling never the less.

Another good win came in 93 when Lester made one of his several come backs to ride En Attendant to victory at a lovley 14/1,with the same horse winning the race again the next year at the same price,but this time i was not on.

Right through to last year when the one who was top on my figs,but i managed to talk my self out of backing!Plum pudding won @ 12/1.

So some great memorys from a race that hopefully will be run forever.

I noticed the other day we still have the Alex Scott Maiden, which makes me proud to be involved in racing when things like that become part of the calender.

Alex Scott was a great trainer in his day winning a Breeders Cup, but his life was cut short by one of his scumbag staff murdering him with a shotgun from what I remember. It was a very sad time in racing. :( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Sc...ehorse_trainer)

We also have races to remember trainers/jockeys that have either died in the line of duty or passed away of illness/old age.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Hi win2win very pleased to agree with your above comments.

Thread Information