Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: betting forecasts

betting forecasts

Do members have any views on betting forecasts,thier uses and accuracy.
    One question i am never sure about.... is the compiler formulating his forecast on his interpretation of each contestants chance,or on what he perceives will be the returned SP,i ask because the two could be different.

If we take what arguably should /could be the best the racing post FC,has anyone one ever done a survey to test the accuracy of prediction,and by what extent if any do you allow the FC to effect your view on a particular horse who you are considering backing.

If for example your selection is FC 6/1 RP and the bookmakers EMP is 8/1 do you jump in thinking you are getting good value,or do the alarm bells start to ring, that the FC and your opinion could be wrong.

One old adage is that "the horse runs without knowing what price it is" but as we all no unfortunately it is not that simple!.

The RP is the most accurate, and that is now supplied by Raceform. Which is strange as the Raceform system building software doesn't have a F/c price variable!!!!

The correct Fav is selected in the majority of cases, it is rare for one of the fancied runners in the F/c to be priced way out of line.

I just use the beting F/c for targetting the fancied runners as the SR of the F/c is only a bit lower than the SR's post-race.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Hi win2win i subscribe to RI and your comment concerning historical FC not being available as part of the query data base is often voiced by other users.I only recently discovered that raceform is now owned by the racing post,and am not sure i like the idea.

A number of folk I know no longer subscribe as you can get better cheaper software these days, Proform for one, and the one I currently use. At least the developer listens to the users.

Yes the two leading contenders have no room for complacency,but i am less interested in number crunching and prefer to use mine for form analise and i belive that the RF racereaders are still the best.

Quote Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
    ... i belive that the RF racereaders are still the best.
    I'm better

Thread Information