Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: starting a blog

starting a blog

I have been reading mathares gamblog,and can see the sense in what he says regarding posting there helps to clarify his own thoughts and ideas.I am thinking of having a go and was wondering if any other members who have tried this have any views/advice...cheers

It partly depends on why you are blogging and what you expect to put in there Mick. The forum has a proper blogging add-on (see Blogs in the blue menu bar above) but few people venture in there so you won't get many readers and even fewer comments on what you have to say for yourself. That's why I use a normal thread in the same style as this one and just keep adding to it now and then.

I use that thread for a number of purposes, including keeping track of the various projects I am working on plus bits related to my own gambling activities that don't belong in the daily waffle threads. For me it helps organise my own thoughts to put it down in writing as though I am explaining it to someone else so it doesn't matter to me if no-one really reads it.

Of course, it's not a true blog if you just use a normal forum thread but it's a decent enough start. If you want a proper blog where only you can post to it but others can add comments you want to use the aforementioned blog system on this forum or any of the numerous external blog systems if you think the subject matter is best kept away from this forum.

It depends on what you will write about and who you want to read it and comment on what you have to say really. It's certainly worth giving it a try though

Cheers matt i think your way is best,and if i decide to have a go will follow suit.I like engaging with people on the forum,and am genuinely interested in reading other members views on betting related subjects,so by putting all my waffle on one site my hope would be to generate comment and discussion from members on what i have posted.This in the main would deal with my betting activities/thoughts.

Thread Information