Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: mick56 bettingblog

mick56 bettingblog

I was a belated convert to betting on all weather racing and 09/10 was only my fourth complete season.I follow AW for a six month period oct to mar inc.

I have just been analysing the figs,and in each of the four seasons the second half jan-mar has prooved far more profitable.

You may argue that 4yrs is to short a period from which to draw any worthwhile conclusions,but i thought i would post this and ask for members opinions.

mick56bets

Since joining this forum 6 months ago,my betting has been a real roller coaster,which has reinforced my long held view that what has occurred in the past can never be completely relied apone as a guide to the future.

When i am being serious and not on the wind up i am a modest bloke and fortunately apply this to my betting always being aware of the down side even if i dont expect it.

This April was the worst month i have had for many years and although even at the lowest point my starting bank was still at 98% because the losers where being payed for from profits already occurred YTD,The final loss of 14pts,left me feeling gutted to the point where by i think it was starting to effect my confidence and judgement,this may sound a bit silly but i am just being honest.

Anyway i cracked on instead of up,and a recovery has been made my YTD now stands at + 31pts which should ensure that i can reinvest out of profits for the rest of the year without risking starting capital.

I make this post in the hope that it will be of help to any member who encounters the same.

You have done really well to pull it around, its difficult sometimes to keep faith in what you are doing when things are going badly, especially for method bets where judgement and confidence can overlap, I believe systems generally have less potential regarding longivity and ROI but as long as the staking is modest a bad run wont affect the selection process assuming that generally things are within the expected standard deviation or the profits and losses. Its amazing how quickly a good month can turn bad or a bad month can turn good. Conservative staking is the key,

Keep up the good work Mick, and keep those profits rolling in!! Hopefully by this time next year I will make it to the big league too!

mick56 bettingblog

Cheers BM your above sums it up well.

mick56 bettingblog

Hi all thought i would update the current forum gossip all contributions welcome.I have had 3 cans and no dinner so am writing my own disclaimer.

The recent reported surge in Welsh property prices,has been accredited to one local man who when exchanging contracts on on his 89th purchase this year said "Well i have got to do something with all this money i make from backing horses,just call me Bryn i use a pin".

Vegy jones,was spotted scoffing a large fillet rare in an Angus steak house, has new user name vegy bones.Still wearing pink.

Site boss Mr want2win,has just taken delivery of a new Mercedes,brought with cash recived as commission for running Rss feeds.

Moderator Mr cuecumber,is accusing vegy jones of nicking his hat,vegys defence is that its no good to him as cowboys dont do pink?.

Member godspot last seen on the Korean borders.

Mathare banned from Betfair ,for causing thier customer service computers to overload and crash.Betfair calling this industrial sabotage matt said" well i just had a few questions"

Member Barrel manic who after tipping a 37/1 winner requested his user name be changed to Bloody Marvelous,was disappointed to be informed that this would contravene the forums no swearing policy but has compromised by agreeing to Sir Barrel.

Member WhataDick56 has been diagnosed as being a Manic Depressive has got the papers to prove it and therefore cannot be held accountable for his actions.

Updates to follow.

mick56 bettingblog

I have recently been reading elsewhere about the poor results people have experianced after paying often quite substantial sums to commercial tipping firms.
    This does mirror my own experiences over the years,to the point where bye i have decided to just stay with backing my own selections,but i was wondering if any members have found and stayed with a tipster who has made them long term profits.
    No need to name them,but i am just interested to no if one exists.

mick56 bets

I have previously mentioned on the forum that speed figs/ratings are one of the few aspects of form which i do not use.

I recall years ago getting excited when first reading about the American technic of using sectional times particularly during the later part of a race to try and glean finishing speed.

I tried via race replays and a stop watch to sort something useful myself from UK races but in the main gave up on it.

I was wondering if any other members have experiance with the above and would care to comment.Increasingly these days races appear more tactical and being able to rate finishing pace could prove very helpful.

The thing with tipsters is that you have a few good ones out there, but you will find it hard to get a decent review on the web because the majority of punters just will not run a betting bank the correct way (if they run one at all, and in most cases they don't). Then majority just get the tips, bang on a random amount, lose the first day.... tipsters crap, didn't make them a £Gizillion..... bad review on a forum :splapme

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thread Information