Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Daily Waffle 20th April

Daily Waffle 20th April

What a start to the day... 13.5 pts down after 5 races...going to be a long way back here. :splapme

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    What a start to the day... 13.5 pts down after 5 races...going to be a long way back here. :splapme
    Another mullering in the making. :(

Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh, Champions League, we're 'aving a laugh!

Im getting mullered as well today, but hopefully strike rates will bounce back later in the week

I should have kept my mouth shut yesterday :splapme
    there is very little chance of 3 days profit on the trot after the start today
    this losing streak seems to be going on and on

Misaro continues the misery. :(

Quote Originally Posted by jonahjones View Post
    Misaro continues the misery. :(
    yep, there is no letting up.
    After reading some of your posts, its obvious im not the only one.
    im really trying to be positive and it sounds like constant moaning but there seems to be no end.....

Now Mercoliano.

Many thanks, Avenuesnalleyways.

You wouldn't have won if I'd have backed you at 8.8 I'm sure. :(

Quote Originally Posted by jonahjones View Post
    Many thanks, Avenuesnalleyways.

You wouldn't have won if I'd have backed you at 8.8 I'm sure. :(
    This is turning into a bad, bad day. I think I'm going to re-think things at the end of April, this isnt working for me at the moment.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"

The Lay'em qualifier also wins the 4.45pm. Thankfully, I wasn't matched.

You guys appear to be following the system bets if its any consolation my method wagers doing just as bad this month.So far i have had 6 on the flat and everyone has lost.
    I am already considering for next year not starting the flat bets until may1st.

Quote Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
    You guys appear to be following the system bets if its any consolation my method wagers doing just as bad this month.So far i have had 6 on the flat and everyone has lost.
    I am already considering for next year not starting the flat bets until may1st.
    Mick, i think i might have a look at a few things, i havent had records for more than a couple of years but already April has been a pig of a month both times. (feb was bad aswell)
    it looks like we are all having a bad time of it

Shelfah

Quote Originally Posted by neilb7 View Post
    Shelfah
    :(

Hi neilb7 in past years April has been good to me although the majority of profits come from the jumps,but this month todate both have been abismal at the same time.I dont have many bets but they are quite large and even now i am still up on the YTD,but it is the effect that it can have on your confidence when this occurs which concerns me.

but it is the effect that it can have on your confidence when this occurs which concerns me.

thats the hard bit isnt it ?
    i know its been discussed time and time again but its hard to take the losing spells, but all part of the game i guess i dont know about anyone else but i always have a slight doubt that what if it doesnt turn around ???
    it might be because i still havent been doing this properly/disciplined for that long

daily waffle 20th april

i dont know about anyone else but i always have a slight doubt that what if it doesnt turn around ???
    it might be because i still havent been doing this properly/disciplined for that long
    Hi mate i have been doing it properly for a long time and i still have those doubts.In some ways it can make things worse,you look back at the profits made in previous years,and wonder whats happening,i am doing things the same now as i was then.I guess the fear is part of the price you pay for the profit.

I have back tracked snippets of what I am currently doing and the fact is that recent months are not so normal. However lets face it we all have no idea of if things will settle down and bounce back, thats the thing with this game- we just dont know..... its blind faith with setting a limit of losses that you are comfortable with while also allowing the methods/systems that we are doing time to right themselves in the event of blips which hopefully is what is presently happening- A Blip! But if it continues for too long it becomes a change in racing trends which isn't good for any of us particularly those of us who system bet.

Hi mate i have been doing it properly for a long time and i still have those doubts.In some ways it can make things worse,you look back at the profits made in previous years,and wonder whats happening,i am doing things the same now as i was then.I guess the fear is part of the price you pay for the profit.
    Cheers Mick
    Lets look forward to doing what we have done before and all talking about how well its going and how much profit we are making

daily waffle 20th april

Hi BM there is much truth in your above comments,i always belive that you never stop learning in this game,and the occasional lesson in humility will if nothing else help prevent us from becoming to cocky when things start to go well again,as i am sure they will for all of us eventally.

daily waffle 20th april

Cheers Mick
    Lets look forward to doing what we have done before and all talking about how well its going and how much profit we are making
    Well said mate

Cheers Mick
    continues to be a bad day today, but as you say neil

Let the good times roll on!

Quote Originally Posted by barrelmaniac View Post
    continues to be a bad day today, but as you say neil

Let the good times roll on!
    Lets hope so BM

Backs 2/9 -2.54pts
    Lays 4/6 -10.77pts

April overall -2.44pts

Football good, racing bad.

W2W Systems: 0 from 8, down 8pts
    W2W Lays: 4 from 6, down 3.27pts
    Other: 18 from 28, down 2.64pts

Thread Information