Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: What now for John Higgins?

What now for John Higgins?

can't believe this guy sold out for £250k...... he probably averages treble that in earnings and sponsorhip every year, and now he's fooked.

Banned from the game, and very doubtful he'll ever be able to play again.

Yep he didn't need to do that with his talent, he's a prat. Ban him for life

He's SUSPENDED pending an enquiry. They only showed a small portion of the interview on the news, the snooker authorities now have the complete film to watch.

As with all the 'racing' stings by the media in the past, little comes of them once the whole picture is viewed.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

...and we don't know how much of it is actually true. It could have been a complete set up if it is true and if that's the case hopefully he'll get off Scot-free, excuse the half-pun. So don't go accusing him of anything just yet! :)

Please take a look at:
    My Photostream on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    ...and we don't know how much of it is actually true. It could have been a complete set up
    Exactly John, let's not forget that it was done by that well respected bastion of truth and justice, the News of the World. Do some folk actually believe everything they read in these rags? And whatever happened to innocent until proven otherwise?

My keyboard's running out of ink....

i think even heavily edited the video is pretty daming and why didnt the pair of them tell someone when they got back

Quote Originally Posted by TooTall View Post
    i think even heavily edited the video is pretty daming and why didnt the pair of them tell someone when they got back
    Yes that is the thing that is going through my mind, especially with Mooney on the WPBSA, why would you want to set up a World Series of events with people like this, surely he should have reported it to Hearn at the very least? I really hope Higgins can explain it and if so he sues the of that scum paper.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Haven't seen the video or heard much,only the headlines so I'd like to reserve judgement until he has been found guilty. Until then he's innocent in my book. Especially with the NOTW involved.

Guilty or Innocent, The sport and himself will be tarnished as a result of this.

We don't know the true story here but it seems to me that there is no smoke without fire, why the hell would he be having that conversation especially with people that he later said he felt intimidated by. The quality of the piece or aired recording was bad but personally I think he sounded quite relaxed.

We will have to see what happens when the rest of the recording is in the publics domain, but I smell a rat, a rat named John. Of course I could be barking up the wrong tree but I will follow my instincts until the investigation comes up with answers.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    Yes that is the thing that is going through my mind, especially with Mooney on the WPBSA, why would you want to set up a World Series of events with people like this, surely he should have reported it to Hearn at the very least? I really hope Higgins can explain it and if so he sues the of that scum paper.
    Yeah one phone call when he got back saying he had been approached about throwing a few frames is all he had to do then there would of been no story

Quote Originally Posted by TooTall View Post
    Yeah one phone call when he got back saying he had been approached about throwing a few frames is all he had to do then there would of been no story

Or just to politely tell the people that he wasn't interested in match fixing in the first place, then there would have been no conversation about it! ..... how can that be explained?

Pot the reds down,
    Take a Kick Back,
    The fella
    in the Greens
    giving you 300 grand
    In a Sack

Snooker Loopy, rich are we, we're all having our, spanish property mortgages paid off...

Last bit needs a bit of work!

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

looks like both dott and robertson are match fixing only trouble is they have both agreed to throw the same frames

A lot of jockeys have been approached over the years and they never tell anyone they just ignore it on the basis that if they do mention it, and the press get hold of it, they themselves will be tarnished with being involved with race fixing. It's just not worth it for their own careers, and I don't blame them.

So, Higgins gets a six month ban, and as he has been suspended since the end of May, that means he'll be back playing by December.

Acquitted of all bribery allegations but found guilty of not disclosing the meeting.

I think it's fair game in the end. I don't find it hard to believe in an unfamiliar place and talking to people he did not know that he would play along until able to get away from them, so I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

For bringing the game into disrepute - 6 Months ..... surely it was the paper that done that, all he failed to do was report it.... A one month ban would have done, as he won't get caught like that again unless he's really stupid.... like a Premiership footballer

Laf is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    As with all the 'racing' stings by the media in the past, little comes of them once the whole picture is viewed.
    You were right Keith. I wonder if the same will happen with the cricket. The evidence we've seen would appear to be a bit more incriminating in that one though.

I do think the six month ban is a bit harsh but I guess they want to set an example so that nothing like this happens again.

¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʎɯ

The one with the cricket seems like true 'fixing' as statistically the chances of guessing the correct no balls like that out of all the overs is very very high, and the police were quick to take it up as well, although it's only the Indian bookies who probably got stung the most, so Pakistan won't give a hoot

I agree with Hearn in that Higgins name is now damaged, whether he was totally innocent or guilty, he is tarnished now. I think he is a very lucky man.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Thread Information