Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Betfair place betting

Question Betfair place betting

Hi, i have recently opened an account with betfair and i am interested in backing horses in the place market. However when i use the place market to make a bet i see a message under my selection saying " you are betting .... horsename .... to win. Can anybody tell me if this actually means to win as in come first or to win as in be placed. I have queried this with betfair but the answer they gave me didnt actually answer the query as they just said the place market is backing a horse for a place and the win market is backing to win. Not really helpful as that is obvious but fails to tell me if the message i get (you are backing ...horsename... to win) is normal when using the place market. Any help really appreciated, with thanks, emyrob

as long as you are on the place market it is for the horse to be placed...
    it says Win, but this is in reference to the place market..
    in the rules tab it will tell you how many places the market is.

if you were laying the horse it would say you are betting against the horse to win....

hope that makes sense.

Non runners does not effect the number of places. So if you have 3 places with 8 runners, then get 4 non-runners, it still pays 1,2,3 ... but the odds are reduced as per the Betfair deduction formula, which is a set of random number ;)

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

I actually love horse race betting but sometimes it is quite confusing. I can totally understand that emyrob is confused about the message " you are betting .... horsename .... to win". I would be confused either. I am also of the opinion that some online betting sites do not have good explanations for some things. I guess they could improve this.

Many thanks neil, your explanation was so easy to understand.

No problems

Thread Information