Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Government Cuts - What Would You Do?

Government Cuts - What Would You Do?

With £££Billions needed of cuts to help wie out Labours debt mountain, what would you cut?

For starters let's get rid of these flipping Classroom Assistants. They must cost use a fortune, and yet the 100's of years prior to this century our kids done well without them. In fact talk to business leaders and kids now are thicker than they've ever been since Labour watered down the qualifications. :splapme

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

What about all the smuggled ciggaretes and alcohol that is destroyed each year. i'm sure instead of destroying it how about selling it themselves to the trade warehouses at discounted price that would bring in millions

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    With £££Billions needed of cuts to help wie out Labours debt mountain, what would you cut?

For starters let's get rid of these flipping Classroom Assistants. They must cost use a fortune, and yet the 100's of years prior to this century our kids done well without them. In fact talk to business leaders and kids now are thicker than they've ever been since Labour watered down the qualifications. :splapme
    I'd sack your English teacher for a start! But I don't see why Labour get saddled with blame when the first thing they did was maintain Tory policies and the first thing I'd cut is the replacement of Trident.

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

Quote Originally Posted by Godspot View Post
    I'd sack your English teacher for a start!
    The drugs I'm on at the moment your lucky it maketh any senseth.... typo's anyway... my fingers are getting to be pretty useless these days .... luckily my is a decent size so can still grip it :D ..... I probably spent too much time my English teacher anyway :wink

Quote Originally Posted by Godspot View Post
    I'd sack your English teacher for a start!
    The comma before the "and" was OK. It's an Oxford comma. They're not used that often but it's perfectly valid to have one there if so desired.

I probably spent too much time my English teacher anyway :wink
    And Mr Reid remembers those lessons fondly

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

I would build a big posh apartment block on the thames near parliment and when somebody is voted in as a mp they get an apartment paid for their term if they dont like it then they can get their own place but not at the cost of the govt , out of their own pocket

will cut down on all these exspenses and such

The drugs I'm on at the moment your lucky it maketh any senseth.... typo's anyway... my fingers are getting to be pretty useless these days .... luckily my is a decent size so can still grip it :D ..... I probably spent too much time my English teacher anyway :wink
    Your post brought two things to mind. The drug bill to the NHS must be absolutely massive and from what I see and am told, the waste is horrendous.
    Tighten up on the prescribing of unnecessary medication by GP's etc. and crack down on these pharmaceutical giants who hold us to ransome.
    By the way, the drugs you are on don't seem to help your grammar, try using a dictionary.
    The other thing that came to mind was the story that a guy went into his local library and asked for the latest bestseller about the superhero who alas only had a small.
    "It's not in yet" said the assistant.
    "That's the one" said the guy.:)

Nothing wrong with my grammar, I type as I speak ... so der lah u ar'right den?

One thing that annoys me is if the Doc gives me pills, say 3 boxes for a new drug I'm on and, it, doesn't, work, then: you can?t take' the, ones, I, don't: use: back,,,

Howz my gwammar now? :wink

Excellent but I didn't know you could type arabic ?

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

One thing that annoys me is if the Doc gives me pills, say 3 boxes for a new drug I'm on and, it, doesn't, work, then: you can?t take' the, ones, I, don't: use: back,,,
    More annoying for me is the opposite situation. My doc has put me on beta blockers but is only prescribing them in 28-day batches so I am paying £7.20 a month for them when he could easily prescribe several months' worth at a time as he has with my blood pressure pills.

Thread Information