Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: A new member says Hi!

A new member says Hi!

Hi to all of you,

my name is Carolyn and I am new here. I have found this forum by accident and after I read a few threads I thought I should register and be a vital part of this forum. I am very interested in betting and especially in horse betting of course. I hope that I can learn a lot about betting here. Looking forward to discuss with you guys and girls.

Laf is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Hello and welcome!

¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʎɯ

Most of the people on here were born by accident

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

bryn is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Hello Maddi. Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by maddi View Post
    Hi to all of you,

my name is Carolyn and I am new here. I have found this forum by accident and after I read a few threads I thought I should register and be a vital part of this forum. I am very interested in betting and especially in horse betting of course. I hope that I can learn a lot about betting here. Looking forward to discuss with you guys and girls.
    Hi Carolyn,

Don’t tell the guvnor, I was an accident too…

But you must be Maddi or stark raving mental if you think there is time bewteen yesterday’s results & tomorrow’s cards to actually talk about horse racing or betting. It would probably be best if you came over & paid me a visit, grabbed a few cleaning utensils & gave me a hand around the house, there are plenty of things that need doing that seem to have been neglected since I started all this again but I could try and explain what I’m upto while…

Well, there’s that mountain of dishes for a start and the kitchen sink is within earshot and then there’s rather a lot of recycing stuff that needs sorting & putting out,

(& while you’re deciding what goes where you might get to hear me thinking out loud as to what is the best EW shot of the day – so far we’ve got Stonehaugh @ Bev 4.25 or Reve De Nuit @ Hayd 3.25 – is, or whether they’re worth having a go at at all but)

the hall is within earshot too & perhaps then I’ll be able to reach the toilet without my hiking boots. Ah! Then there’s that little pile of black smelly bags, that’s where I put my rubbish and that can go out too but you’ll have to do that first in order to reach the sink.

Perhaps then you’ll be able to see to those browning (what used to be so green & colourful) things of decay that adorn every window sill. Anyway, collection day is Tuesday so anytime before that would be just dandy. Hell, I dunno about this forum but you could certainly play a vital part round here!:D

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

Quote Originally Posted by Godspot View Post
    but you could certainly play a vital part round here!:D
    Godspot certainly does that, he's the forum penis, and we all know that's a vital part..

Anyway, now we've dropped to the usual level of forum humour, welcome aboard!

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Hi Carolyn,

...It would probably be best if you came over & paid me a visit, grabbed a few cleaning utensils & ...
    shoved them exactly where a post like that one from Godspot deserves...

Most of us are quite civil but there are one or two who are a couple of pins short of a yankee

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldhamWhisper View Post

Most of us are quite civil
    & some even have a sense of humour!

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

Not in the UK we don't .... it's against the law

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

My sense of humour is quite intact, thank you - I'm just not a great fan of mysoginist jokes (or any other kind of discriminatory crap). But feel free to neg rep me as often as you wish...

Is it any surprise that this forum has such a low number of contributing new members when of all the forum/threads to choose, you decide to criticise/argue/bicker amongst yourselves on THIS.......the 'Introduce Yourself' one.

No wonder Maddi hasn't bothered to reply. Can't possibly think why.
    Doubt if we'll hear from her again, not only because of GodSpot's post, but the rest of the posts in this forum/thread don't exactly encourage new members to post again.....ie for someone who wants to join this forum with let's hope good intention, and future contribution in mind, only to receive reply posts of innuendo and utter crap, hardly makes for increasing the member count does it?

OK, in-house humour is the most probable excuse/reason for the replies posted.....but 99% of the time it's not going to work on someone who has no idea who anybody is on the forum, but wants to join and contribute to what this forum is all about, ie Horse Racing and Sport, if anyone's forgotten.
    Then let's stop trying to be funny or smutty, or make silly remarks about existing members......why not welcome these new members with a bit of decorum and respect, with the hope that they may treat us with the same respect and become long term contributors.

We're ALL guilty of this.....members and Mods alike.....so if this forum is to maintain and/or increase it's membership, rather than lose it.......let's THINK of more constructive ways to welcome and encourage new members to stay on board, rather than frighten them off with a load of unfunny crap and bickering in reply to their very first post.

a new member says hi

It is a little ironic that i have just read Adas above post ,after replying to a question from a new member on my mick 56 bets thread.Apart from this i have not made any posts for awhile on other parts of the forum.

Adas above is IMO a well argued and relevant post and the points made should be considered by all.Personally as some of my posts evidence i like the good natured banter between members but certainly except that this is not to everyone's taste or interest,and it is perhaps best to feel your way in regarding humour with new and indeed long term members.

A forum is diffrent things to different members but as Ada states this is publicised as a racing/betting site and i feel that the momentum has been slowing with regards these topics and hence eventally my own losing of interest.

Having looked at other racing forums i belive this one scores in the respect that in comparison members do have respect for each other and thier differing opinions and that is to the credit of all ,but i would dearly like us to re find our way with regards to horse racing and betting posts and the feed back and interest these bring.

I have tried many times to get the above by starting topics mostly without response and i blamed myself and excepted that mine was a minority view.
    But Adas post gives me hope that we can turn this round.

There are so many knowledgeable members on this site with so much to offer it is a shame when this goes to waste.It is the responsibility of ALL members to turn this round so lets have a go.

Thread Information