Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Forum

Forum

Is this forum slower than usual today or is it my t'internet?

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

No, it's not your internet Scoobs........ever since this forum was upgraded, IMO it runs diabolically slowly at times, and today is no different, probably even slower actually.
    I really do despair with this problem and am getting increasingly pi**ed off with getting the 'Server is too busy, please try again later' message....I'm spending more and more time elsewhere on other sites because of this.

its slower for me today as well scoobs, its been running fine for me since the upgrade till today that is.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ada View Post
    No, it's not your internet Scoobs........ever since this forum was upgraded, IMO it runs diabolically slowly at times, and today is no different, probably even slower actually.
    I really do despair with this problem and am getting increasingly pi**ed off with getting the 'Server is too busy, please try again later' message....I'm spending more and more time elsewhere on other sites because of this.

Yep, exactly the same here and I have voiced my concerns several times previously. It's one thing complaining that fewer people are actively contributing to the forum but if it's not up to supporting those users then it's hardly surprising few people post really.

Yep, exactly the same here and I have voiced my concerns several times previously. It's one thing complaining that fewer people are actively contributing to the forum but if it's not up to supporting those users then it's hardly surprising few people post really.

Oh good I think! I have just rebooted my modem and laptop as I thought it was my connection! Just run a speedcheck & it seems to be OK. It is hard work posting here at times nowadays I agree.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"

It's nothihng to do with the upgrade, it's just the server.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

It's quicker now than it was earlier anyway.

I've rebooted the server....Just installed a script to find out which queries are hogging the system, but it's none from this forum. Finding the problem is one thing, fixing it is another, as the code and DB structures are 3rd party.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I've rebooted the server....Just installed a script to find out which queries are hogging the system, but it's none from this forum. Finding the problem is one thing, fixing it is another, as the code and DB structures are 3rd party.
    We need to send you down deep into the Internet then to fix it do we? I have a good flashlight, give me a shout.

Well I've disabled a lot of stuff on the server, and it's running better at the moment, but I'll see what the logs saying in the morning as it does upgrades and backups in the early hours.

You need more than a flashlight to run a server with Cpanel

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    We need to send you down deep into the Internet then to fix it do we? I have a good flashlight, give me a shout.
    See if you can find any chilean miners while your down there.

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

I found some Warmilean miners but no cold ones

Well server seems to be running better, I'll see if I can find a few more tweeks.... don't blame me if the worlds internet goes down though

Thread Information