Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Ireland 'bailout'

Ireland 'bailout'

So the plot thickens, now Ireland have to be given a loan to prevent the country from going bankrupt and defaulting, some of us predicted this whole thing getting worse for a while now, so we will probably be part of bailing out Ireland (because of course the UK has loads of money) due to the fact that our banks have so much money tied up in their banks. I just dread to think where all this might end up.

The best thing for Ireland would be to either default? or get out the euro (which apparently its not allowed to do?) But because particularly the former would be bad for the UK we are trying to make them take a loan now before things get too critical in June.

So what do you think on this? seems to me that Europe has failed greatly and that some countries (maybe even ourselves included?) will end up to be far worse off in the longrun than the alternative would have been if they had not joined Europe in the first place. What a complete Cock up, personally I never liked the idea of being so closely intergrated with Europe in the first place.

I am genuinely worried for our futures, I would be surprised if Ireland didn't start having mass riots etc within the year.

People are advised not to borrow to get themselves out of debt.

I am not sure why the opposite applies when you are talking about countries.

I've always been in favour of a unified Europe, but the current debace that we are watching is making me waiver.

My personal opinion is still one that in the lomng run the UK should join the Euro and a single government for the whole of Europe would be best.

The worlds screwed up to be honest though. I hope it doesn't come to street rioting - but there are definitely signs of a seperation of classes in society with an ever widening gap between those at the top and those at the bottom.

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Don't panic pps! Start growing your own veg & sign up to your nearest Transition Town -

The way I see it, we are being deliberately skinted - ever heard of Peak Oil? They are saying that time is passed & they need to reduce demand - I have heard oil will be $130 a barrel by March & wont be any cheaper thereafter.

But:

Ireland's "Suicide Pact" With the E.U.

By Mike Whitney

Irish leaders would rather accept a decade of EU-imposed austerity measures and the loss of sovereignty, then leave the euro and start fresh. It's disappointing.
    http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle26855.htm

Ireland by the Numbers

Video

Ireland is home to 8 of the top 10 global technology companies and 15 of the top 25 medical devices firms.
    http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle26856.htm

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

We have enough oil to keep us going for over 100 years so it won't bother us

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thread Information