Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Help Needed

Help Needed

Hi guys, I need your help...

I got stopped in the street the other week by someone doing market research on 'Festive Snacks and Savouries'. They had a table laid out with loads of different crisps, savouries, pastries etc.....everything you'd want to have a nibble at, especially at a time like Christmas.
    After answering the market research questions I was allowed to sample what they had on offer, stating whether or not I would be more tempted to buy the various products during the festive season (they weren't allowed to use the word 'Christmas'.....how stupid is that!!) than at any other time of year.
    Now, I never ever usually eat Pringles, but I was offered a chance to sample a new (limited edition I think) flavour.....'Pigs In Blankets'.
    Wow...these were up there among the BEST tasting 'crisps' I think I've ever had. Absolutely delicious.
    The problem is that I can't find anywhere local to me that sells them.....Sainsburys don't stock them, nor do Tesco's. Asda on-line say they sell them, but my local Asda has never heard of them and don't expect to stock them before Christmas, if at all. None of my local corner shops or grocery stores sell them either.

Have any of you out there seen them anywhere.....I'm desperate to get hold of some before they disappear altogether.

Attached Images Attached Images

They sound lovely but I have never heard of them till now and certainly never seen them in the shops. I want some though!

Sausage in bacon flavour .... I'm having the real ones with my dinner tomorrow and some Yorkshire pudding..... well that's if I remember to cook the pork joint

I can only find them showing up in Asda http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-...wSwitchSMBar=3

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

A kind newsagent up the road from me has said she will try and get an order for them added to her own deliveries which are due next Monday and Tuesday.

So with a bit of luck.....

Roll on Tuesday!!!!

They sounds really nice Ada, I have 3 tubes of them in my cupboard but they are not pigs in blanket flavour! Let us know if you get them?

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

My wife has sent me a text to say we have got some from Morrisons this morning...

“One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child.”

-Forest Witcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Ada
    A kind newsagent up the road from me has said she will try and get an order for them added to her own deliveries which are due next Monday and Tuesday.

So with a bit of luck.....

Roll on Tuesday!!!!

Bah humbug...newsagent was delivered everything she ordered EXCEPT the 'Pigs In Blankets' flavour Pringles. She insists that she CAN get them, it's just a matter of when, ie before Christmas could be a no-no.

I have one more option....an ex work colleague is working in Leeds and Manchester over the next couple of days and has said he will keep an eye out for them while he's up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Chris
    My wife has sent me a text to say we have got some from Morrisons this morning...
    Ah....I never thought of Morrisons!!
    There's a Morrisons a couple of miles or so away from me, so I'll definitely have a trek down there and check them out.
    Cheers Chris

I'll let you all know how I get on...

Ada, the Morrisons near my parents had them as well, so hopefully your local one will have them too

...And very nice they are too...

“One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child.”

-Forest Witcraft

Just got back from my (not very) local Morrisons.....

The Good News.......YES!!!!....they DO sell them

The Bad News......They've run out

The shop assistant told me that the 'new' flavours, especially the 'Pigs In Blankets' and 'Roast Turkey', are exceptionally popular and are selling as soon as they hit the shelves. (Probably something to do with the time of year I suppose.)
    She said that my best bet would be to go back at opening time first thing tomorrow (Thursday) when the shelves will have been freshly stacked, and I should be virtually guaranteed to get hold of them then.

Looks like an early start for me tomorrow then.......here's hoping....

the things we do for food eh! Good luck Ada, hope you manage to grab some of them!

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Is it just me, or is anyone else anxious to see if Ada gets this tube of crisps tomorrow morning!

Nice and early does it Ada, good luck

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    Nice and early does it Ada, good luck
    Just seen the time...ten past midnight!!!!
    Off to bed for me....have to be up and running in less than 8 hours....

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Just been morrisons with wife and i was looking forward to getting some but they had not even heard of them hope you have better luck than me Ada

Quote Originally Posted by lowe1 View Post
    Just been morrisons with wife and i was looking forward to getting some
    Maybe try the bedroom next time

I was in Morrisons yesterday and some guy tapped me on the shoulder and said: "You're Keith right?" ..... after a brief chat with the guy I still have no idea who he was

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Had to abort my trip to Morrisons this morning, so as I write, I STILL don't have any Pringles.....will try again first thing tomorrow

My reason for the above...
    On 26 November I ordered 2 cases (12 bottles) of wine from Tesco Direct, but I've been battling with them for the last 2 weeks to get it delivered. They keep promising to call me back with updates but they never do. It's cost me an arm and a leg in phone calls to them. Admittedly they have credited me with a £10 goodwill gesture but still no wine. They say one bottle got 'damaged' in transit and a replacement was being provided, hence the delay. That was 10 days ago!!

However....on my way to Morrisons this morning I actually got a phone call from Tesco saying they were going to deliver my wine by 10am today, as long as I would be at home to take delivery of it and sign for it. Desperate to get my wine I turned round and went back home to wait for it.
    Guess what...it's gone 1 o'clock in the afternoon and STILL no wine....I rang them at 11 this morning and they said they would look into it and would ring me back by 2 o'clock at the latest
    I'm still waiting...

Nothing I do these days EVER seems to run smoothly....something ALWAYS screws up.....why me?

Tesco's have gone right down hill since Mark Tomas left.

Some of these big companies have no idea about customer servcies and if things don't fall in their briefed responses, they don't know what to do.

The Vegster!

Oops......forgot to update this......

Quote Originally Posted by Ada
    A kind newsagent up the road from me has said she will try and get an order for them added to her own deliveries......
    I was losing interest in my 'Pigs In Blankets' quest and quite frankly, wasn't looking forward to the long trek back to Morrisons....BUT it turns out I didn't have to in the end....the newsagent (above) finally took delivery of those elusive flavoured Pringles I'd been hunting high and low for, on Monday. I didn't realise she had them until yesterday (Wednesday)......luckily she'd kept a couple of tubes 'under the counter' for me.

So I now have 2 tubes of the 'Pigs In Blankets' flavour and 1 tube of 'Roast Turkey', all of which I will save from opening until Christmas....happy days!!!!

As for the Tesco's wine.....I finally lost patience with their faffing about and false promises and told them politely where to shove it. Got another £10 goodwill credit and an extra £6 delivery charge credit (plus the obvious refund for the wine itself) from them for my troubles. At least I'm not out of pocket for the cost of the numerous phone calls I've had to make to them over the past few weeks.......more happy days!!!!

Hope you savour them Ada

Been looking locally, but no luck as yet!

The Vegster!

Thread Information