Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Shock Horror - NHS

Shock Horror - NHS

Headline news today: Some nurses have to go without a lunch break ...... ..... Spoilt ... I guess they think this never happens in the private sector?

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

I reckon you are related to Richard Littlejohn sometimes...you couldnt make it up

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

I have to work through my dinner when racing starts at midday in the winter

Just because it happens in the private sector doesn't make it right...

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Quote Originally Posted by bigcumba View Post
    Just because it happens in the private sector doesn't make it right...
    You should listen to bigc more Keith...the voice of reason.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"

Doesn't make it wrong either .... you don't want to be on a bombing run over Tripoli and then suddenly stop for dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Doesn't make it wrong either .... you don't want to be on a bombing run over Tripoli and then suddenly stop for dinner
    yeah well I am sure the nurses have take that advice on board then...Richard Good ol Tories....read my lips..."no more top-down reorganisation of the NHS...oh dear oh dear. No mandate Mr Cameron...you didnt win and you lied. We wont forget come 2014.

To be fair Scooby I think it's pretty safe to tar all politicians with the same brush. I've had enough of all of them! The aroma of bs follows them everywhere.

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

Labour have admitted twice in the last week they screwed up the economy .... the NHS wastes £Billions each year in management, waste, theft, etc, and have got lazy with money as they've had an endless supply from Labour from years of money we all now have to pay back ... and I support Labour ... usually ... although thanks to Brown I voted against them for the first time last election and I'm happy I did at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    To be fair Scooby I think it's pretty safe to tar all politicians with the same brush. I've had enough of all of them! The aroma of bs follows them everywhere.
    That's fair Matt, I just like Labour's BS better.

Plaid Cymru knocked the other day .... I opened the door, told them I voted for them last time which they thanked me for, then told them I won't be voting for them next time as it's not their turn and closed the door

I think the problem is that no party is ever going to match our own views completely so you end up voting for the party that is closest (albeit not very close most of the time!). Or voting anyone but the current government because you've had enough of them. Maybe we should elect the 'news' experts as they seem to think they know how to run the country

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

Just employ people from a mental home and rename it the House of Commons, and pick any OAP home and call it the House of Lords.... saves electing anybody then

going back to your original point keith about working through lunch breaks, sometimes you do talk through your why should anyone be expected to work 12 hours without a break nhs or private, my wife quite often works through and used to grab a slice of toast and a cuppa at the work station whilst writing up notes but have now been told by management that the cups and plates make the place look untidy and they must go to the tearoom
    without the goodwill of nurses and midwives the nhs would have collapsed years ago a work to rule would bring the nhs and trusts to their knees in days.

I have an impressive bank of knowledge and experience. Unfortunately, I've lost the combination to this bank.

My point was it happens throughout the private sector, the way the nurses union put it you'd think it just happened to them. That was my point. People shouldn't work through lunch breaks, but it is a part of life that in some circumstances we must. I had to do it today and didn't eat till 4:40, I just never had the time to stop the work I was doing. I did grab a cuppa and some biscuits while I was stil typing away on the laptop, and not my choice if I want to make money.

What I would say is would you want a nurse/Doctor looking after you/family who hadnt had a proper break in 12 hours? I know I wouldnt that is for sure. Nobody should go without lunch, public or private sector. All out!

So, Scoobs-and probably a few more on this forum-has already decided that he will be voting Labour at the next election. Good for you mate, I like a man who knows his own mind.

I have a question I would like to ask everyone who voted Labour at the last election, and I must trust to your honesty.

If you had known, before the Election, that this country was £4.800,000,000,000 in debt (that is Four point eight trillion pounds) necessitating an interest payment of £120,000,000 (that is one hundred and twenty million pounds) EVERY EFFING DAY.

Would you still have voted for another Labour government.

That is the state of the country at this moment. However, in the last week I have been made aware of the following TV news broadcasts :-

The first new MG cars are rolling off the line at Longbridge this week. It's a start.

JCB are to employ an extra 400 workers because their order books are filling up. It's a start.

Inflation is down. Not a lot but It's a start.

Unemployment is down (only by about 17,500 but:-) It's a start.

W.H.Smith anounced that profit's for the first quarter had increased by 4%. It's a start.

Debenhams Group anounced that first quarter profits had increased by 4%.

It's a start.

It took Labour thirteen years to ruin my country(ours that is) David Cameron has had 11 months to get things moving, and already he's being voted out of Office.

Anyway, things should be changing soon, I think I've seen Ed Milliband on TV every night this week advising David Cameron what he should be doing to get the country out of the S**T he left.

So lads, lets be 'avin ya. Be honest and give us yer views, innit.

Crack down on immigration.
    Making Clegg look like a lap dog
    My electric down from £175 to £120 a month .... although I think that may have something to do with the ex moving out

Sounds like the money saved is an added bonus?

Thread Information