Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

View Poll Results: How will you vote in the electing system referedum?

Voters
8. This poll is closed
  • Alternative Vote

4 50.00%
  • First Past The Post

3 37.50%
  • Abstaining

1 12.50%

Thread: Alternative Thread Voting

Alternative Thread Voting

One of the forum polls we used to like doing

How are you going to be voting come May 5. Not in the local elections, but on the AV issue...

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Isn't first past the post when Labour get the same number of seats as the Tories but win?

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

No it's when the republicans get less but keep recounting until they get more

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

Isn't AV for losers? As far back as I can remember, The Liberal Party, even under Jo Grimond and Jeremy Thorpe wanted AV because they were losers and their only chance of forming a government was to sneak in by the back door using the AV system. Fast forward a few years and now we have Ed Milliband screaming his t*ts off for AV because he now thinks First Past The Post is unfair and that this is the only chance of getting back into power. How come he hasn't mentioned AV in the last fourteen years? Desperate times call for desperate measures -Eh? Mr Ed - and how desperate can you get?

Further to my last post on AV voting.

I said that AV system is for losers well I have heard that at least 139 Labour MP's will be voting "NO TO AV". Is this because Ed Milliband was elected leader of the Labour Party under the AV vote?

But this isnt news Tov, Labour have always been split on AV...its a non-issue. The real issue might be on how Clegg is feeling after tomorrow night...I reckon the plug could be pulled on this coalition within 2 years....and the Tories cant win outright...no chance.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

The coalition will still stand, they have no choice really, but the LivDems power in the government will drop after the AV loss.

It doesn't really matter what voting system is used, it's only a 50/50 chance Labour or the Tories get in, so they may as well do 8 years in charge, then it's the turn of the other for the next 8 years. It'll save £Millions on voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    It doesn't really matter what voting system is used, it's only a 50/50 chance Labour or the Tories get in, so they may as well do 8 years in charge, then it's the turn of the other for the next 8 years. It'll save £Millions on voting.
    That is what Saddam used to say

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    But this isnt news Tov, Labour have always been split on AV...its a non-issue. The real issue might be on how Clegg is feeling after tomorrow night...I reckon the plug could be pulled on this coalition within 2 years....and the Tories cant win outright...no chance.
    Can't agree with you at all, Scoobs. As far as I am aware, Labour have NOT always been split on AV voting, it just wasn't on Labour's agenda. Tony Blair had eleven years to get it changed, - if he wanted it - and he probably could have. This week on TV I've seen Ex-communist Lord John Reid twice telling me to vote NO TO AV. and wasn't he one of The B-liars right hand men? I think it's Labour who can't win next time - no chance- And as I've already said, AV only appeals to losers, like Mr Ed. As for the Coalition, who's going to change it? Not clegg surely. Not Cameron certainly. I think things will stay as they are until the next election when Cameron will be judged on how much of Labour's £4.8 trillion debt he's managed to pay off.

Difficult times ahead? Of course. Big cuts to be made? Of course. How else is Cameron going to get this country working again and if you don't like it you'll just have to wait until the next election then you can vote him out! Simples innit.

The Labour split on AV deepens

Clegg looks haunted this morning...what a surprise the people hammer you when you lie and deceive, he is one dumb politician & he thought the people were as stupid as him! Cameron must be himself laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by tovarich View Post
    Can't agree with you at all, Scoobs. As far as I am aware, Labour have NOT always been split on AV voting, it just wasn't on Labour's agenda.
    You are wrong, Labour party has always been split on voting reform. It wasnt on the agenda because half of the party dont care, it is not big deal at all. The rest of your statement was so I couldnt be bothered to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    The rest of your statement was so I couldnt be bothered to answer.

Have you seen the Oddschecker:

Eyecatcher?

Nick Clegg is 5/2 to leave as Lib Dem leader before the end of the year after his
    party losses
    Nick Clegg Exit Date Betting
    http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/...ader-exit-date

Personally think that would be just as much a mistake as he's already done & probably better off staying put.

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

I think he is done, even if the economy comes right for 2015, he is not going to get the praise...he'll just be remembered for the lies. He may as well stay there...however I think it only takes 5 Lib Dem MPs to create a leadership contest...Huhne must be odds on as next leader after his outburst this week.

Thread Information