Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: The riots

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

The riots

Just pinched this from another forum

I must agree i can see where the poster is coming from

"It is high time to play the race card...

It seems the vast majority of those rioting are black, and the spark that gave them their excuse for this wanton theft and destruction was the police shooting a black man who waved, and possibly fired, a gun at them.

Anyone surprised?

If you take blacks as a group, as people like Darcus Howe seem to be doing, then you would be hard pressed to find a group who has had an easier ride for the last few decades.

Not only do those people rioting have state education that is the same as that available to everyone else in the UK regardless of skin colour, but they have "free" housing in one of the most expensive cities in the world, they get benefits, they get positive discrimination where by certain roles have to interview "minority" candidates. They have had the language modified and laws created to make discrimination against them both illegal and socially unacceptable.

And still they end up wrecking the place, just like it was Zimbabwe or Soweto.

Anyone who is under 30 wouldn't have any memories of the "No Blacks" signs in London in the 1960s, no memory of Enoch Powell's rivers of blood speech, barely even a fleeting memory of news reports from apartheid South Africa. You probably would remember a black US President being elected by a far more racially divided nation than the UK. You probably would remember a black Formula 1 world champion getting the full support of British fans. You may well have noticed that every government brochure, advert and TV commercial features a black face. Yet still they have a chip on their shoulder about fk knows what.

Perhaps about the fact that they continually fail, where Indians, Chinese and nearly every other immigrant group succeeds in making a go of life in a civilised society? Perhaps the fact that they remain at the bottom of nearly every table measuring academic, social or financial achievement?

Or just perhaps it's because every spokesblack and quite a few white politicians and assorted do-gooders give them an excuse every time they screw up. And because their serial screwing up has got them more attention, more resources and more excuses every time.

How about this, to the black community:

Your community is a mess because you have done nothing to improve it. Your children fail at school because you do nothing to push them to succeed. They then go on to crime, drugs and prison because you do nothing to control them, or encourage them to live by the laws of the society they are in.

And if you think this is getting one back at whitey, or settling some long forgotten score you know bugger all about, think again. Shops will be rebuilt and restocked, cars will be replaced, broken bones will heal, but your community and your people will remain in utter squallor, economically, intellectually and morally, until you yourselves do something about it. And this sort of disgusting behaviour will hurt nobody more than the honest, law abiding black people who live in England and actually do want to go ahead and make use of the opportunities available to them to improve their lot in life.

Grow up. Put away your stupid gangsta rap videos. Take the chips off your shoulders and have a good hard look at the source of your problems. Will burning down shops and attacking policemen really help you solve any of them? Or will it only serve to further alienate you from civilised society and erode the massive good will that you have been on the receiving end of for a generation and more."

Most of the kids I've seen on the TV are white

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

I've heard that the safest place to be is the job centre

FA Cup winner and UEFA cup Winner 2008

Seeing that young Malaysian student getting mugged was just so sad to see...how low can people get. We have a serious problem in this country and it has certainly opened my eyes, I'm sure I am not the only one. If I was a young lad, that would make me want to join the Police I tell you.

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

It'd make me start carrying a weapon again .... not that I ever did .... nor do I have a loaded weapon in my bed

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    It'd make me start carrying a weapon again .... not that I ever did .... nor do I have a loaded weapon in my bed
    I spend a fair bit of time on a network called Digg posting pro-Palestinian stuff trying to reach an American audience - lately though this BBC interview of two young girls 'Showing the police & the rich that we do what we want,' has caused a bit of a stir as while Obama is trying to take the guns away - seems like more people than ever now want one:

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

Quote Originally Posted by Godspot View Post
    I spend a fair bit of time on a network called Digg posting pro-Palestinian stuff trying to reach an American audience - lately though this BBC interview of two young girls 'Showing the police & the rich that we do what we want,' has caused a bit of a stir as while Obama is trying to take the guns away - seems like more people than ever now want one:
    Sounds like 2 very immature girls to me. Where do you get guns from that interview godspot? & I am shocked you posting pro Palestinian stuff!

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    Sounds like 2 very immature girls to me. Where do you get guns from that interview godspot?
    & I suppose the BBC lapped it up as representative attitude of today's youth but someone posted the original BBC link up on Digg with a different heading, more to do with the girls' blase attitude and the guns came from some of the comments which ranged from all sorts - some trying to blame the UK police as useless, some blaming ethnicity to, some saying like, 'that wouldn't happen here, cos we got guns & if you haven't, get one asap!'

I ended up having a row about race & trying to say that it had spiralled beyond anything to do with race (& agree with Keiths comment above) - my attitude towards it all would be along these lines:

“We are reaping what has been sown over the last three decades of creating a grotesquely unequal society with an ethos of grab as much as you can by any means. A society of looters created with MP’s and their expenses, bankers and their bonuses, tax-evading corporations, hacking journalists, bribe-taking police officers, and now a group of alienated kids are seizing their chance. http://tinyurl.com/3d6ab3v

Here's a

AN OPEN LETTER TO DAVID CAMERON'S PARENTs.
    Posted: 11 Aug 2011 02:50 AM PDT

Dear Mr & Mrs Cameron,

Why did you never take the time to teach your child basic morality?

As a young man, he was in a gang that regularly smashed up private
    property. We know that you were absent parents who left your child to be
    brought up by a school rather than taking responsibility for his
    behaviour yourselves. The fact that he became a delinquent with no sense
    of respect for the property of others can only reflect that fact that
    you are terrible, lazy human beings who failed even in teaching your
    children the difference between right and wrong. I can only assume that
    his contempt for the small business owners of Oxford is indicative of
    his wider values.

Even worse, your neglect led him to fall in with a bad crowd.

There’s Michael Gove, whose wet-lipped rage was palpable on Newsnight
    last night. This is the Michael Gove who confused one of his houses with
    another of his houses in order to avail himself of £7,000 of the
    taxpayers’ money to which he was not entitled (or £13,000, depending on
    which house you think was which).

Or Hazel Blears, who was interviewed in full bristling peahen mode for
    almost all of last night. She once forgot which house she lived in, and
    benefited to the tune of £18,000. At the time she said it would take her
    reputation years to recover. Unfortunately not.

But, of course, this is different. This is just understandable confusion
    over the rules of how many houses you are meant to have as an MP. This
    doesn’t show the naked greed of people stealing plasma tellies.

Unless you’re Gerald Kaufman, who broke parliamentary rules to get
    £8,000 worth of 40-inch, flat screen, Bang and Olufsen TV out of the
    taxpayer.

Or Ed Vaizey, who got £2,000 in antique furniture ‘delivered to the
    wrong address’. Which is fortunate, because had that been the address
    they were intended for, that would have been fraud.

Or Jeremy Hunt, who broke the rules to the tune of almost £20,000 on one
    property and £2,000 on another. But it’s all right, because he agreed
    to pay half of the money back. Not the full amount, it would be absurd
    to expect him to pay back the entire sum that he took and to which he
    was not entitled. No, we’ll settle for half. And, as in any other field,
    what might have been considered embezzlement of £22,000 is overlooked.
    We know, after all, that David Cameron likes to give people second
    chances.

Fortunately, we have the Met Police to look after us. We’ll ignore the
    fact that two of its senior officers have had to resign in the last six
    weeks amid suspicions of widespread corruption within the force.

We’ll ignore Andy Hayman, who went for champagne dinners with those he
    was meant to be investigating, and then joined the company on leaving
    the Met.

Of course, Mr and Mrs Cameron, your son is right. There are parts of
    society that are not just broken, they are sick. Riddled with disease
    from top to bottom.

Just let me be clear about this (It’s a good phrase, Mr and Mrs Cameron,
    and one I looted from every sentence your son utters, just as he looted
    it from Tony Blair), I am not justifying or minimising in any way what
    has been done by the looters over the last few nights. What I am doing,
    however, is expressing shock and dismay that your son and his friends
    feel themselves in any way to be guardians of morality in this country.

Can they really, as 650 people who have shown themselves to be venal
    pygmies, moral dwarves at every opportunity over the last 20 years,
    bleat at others about ‘criminality’. Those who decided that when they
    broke the rules (the rules they themselves set) they, on the whole
    wouldn’t face the consequences of their actions?

Are they really surprised that this country’s culture is swamped in
    greed, in the acquisition of material things, in a lust for consumer
    goods of the most base kind? Really?

Let’s have a think back: cash-for-questions; Bernie Ecclestone;
    cash-for-access; Mandelson’s mortgage; the Hinduja passports; Blunkett’s
    alleged insider trading (and, by the way, when someone has had to
    resign in disgrace twice can we stop having them on television as a
    commentator, please?); the meetings on the yachts of oligarchs; the
    drafting of the Digital Economy Act with Lucian Grange; Byers’, Hewitt’s
    & Hoon’s desperation to prostitute themselves and their positions;
    the fact that Andrew Lansley (in charge of NHS reforms) has a wife who
    gives lobbying advice to the very companies hoping to benefit from the
    NHS reforms. And that list didn’t even take me very long to think of.

Our politicians are for sale and they do not care who knows it.

Oh yes, and then there’s the expenses thing. Widescale abuse of the very
    systems they designed, almost all of them grasping what they could
    while they remained MPs, to build their nest egg for the future at the
    public’s expense. They even now whine on Twitter about having their
    expenses claims for getting back to Parliament while much of the country
    is on fire subject to any examination. True public servants.

The last few days have revealed some truths, and some heartening truths.
    The fact that the riotcleanup crews had organised themselves before
    David Cameron even made time for a public statement is heartening. The
    fact that local communities came together to keep their neighbourhoods
    safe when the police failed is heartening. The fact that there were
    peace vigils being organised (even as the police tried to dissuade
    people) is heartening.

There is hope for this country. But we must stop looking upwards for it.
    The politicians are the ones leading the charge into the gutter.

David Cameron was entirely right when he said: “It is a complete lack of
    responsibility in parts of our society, people allowed to think that
    the world owes them something, that their rights outweigh their
    responsibilities, and that their actions do not have consequences.”

He was more right than he knew.

And I blame the parents.

Yours Sincerely,

Winston.

Yeh, yeh, let's play the race card -

How can Numpty Cameron and Too-Late Teresa claim any credit for the suppression of the riots. One was swanning it in the sun somewhere and the other uttering a load of tosh. Police numbers and police strategy sorted out the mayhem not these twits. As these thugs had made their plans clear on social media and had there been enough police officers available in the first place the trouble would have been quashed much sooner. Get more police out on the streets to protect the law abiding citizens and stop throwing money at phoney wars to pay for it.

Well said Bill

C4 did a good bit about police failings tonight - there's a video attached to this -

http://www.channel4.com/news/could-t...been-prevented

Friday 19 August 2011
    EXCLUSIVE: Channel 4 News learns the police were warned of trouble after the shooting of Mark Duggan. But the police, worried about prejudicing an IPCC investigation, failed to reassure the community.

Amid all the anguish and recriminations of the riots, there's one central unanswered question: What really happened in the 48 hours after Mark Duggan was shot dead in Tottenham.

Once Mr Duggan was pronounced dead on Thursday night, jurisdiction for the killing automatically passed to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

By the following morning word on the street was Mark Duggan, who was born and bred on the Broadwater Farm estate, had been executed. But no one had yet contacted Mr Duggan's parents.

As night fell some four hundred people had gathered at the Duggan family's home on the estate to pay their respects. Tensions were rising, passions were inflamed.

But it was not until Saturday morning that community leaders were called to an urgent meeting with police in Tottenham.

Warnings missed by police

Channel 4 News has obtained the confidential minutes to this crucial meeting, which happened 7 hours before Tottenham was to go up in flames. It reveals evidence of police being warned over and over again by community representatives.

One said the word on the street is that this was an execution. Another said the community were not happy. Another said there was a lot of distrust. And one more urged police to be out in the community.

The minutes reveal that the Police felt their hands were "tied" in what they could say to the community due to the ongoing investigations being undertaken by the IPCC.

The officer who chaired the meeting detective superintendent Gurdup Singh at one stage said "our hands are tied with what we know and what we can say" and "....we want to recommend to the IPCC that they communicate to reassure the communities"

The Police told Channel 4 News that community concerns were passed on to the IPCC, but the IPCC told Channel 4 News that they were not contacted until 8pm that evening.

The events in Tottenham reveal a lack of clarity in the rules governing responsibility for community liaison between the MPS and the IPCC when serious incidents occur.

Junior officer left to deal with protest

In the crucial intervening hours, the lead officer left Tottenham. A more junior officer was left to deal with an impending demonstration by Mark Duggan's family who wanted answers about the shooting and to report what they saw as a murder. They waited and waited until the shutters at Tottenham police station came down.

A Chief Inspector came out to speak to the crowd, they demanded a more senior officer. While they waited, the numbers in front of the Police station grew.

At 8.15pm, the Duggan family gave up and went home. Within minutes, cars were set alight. And so began the first in a series of riots across the country.

The Metropolitan Police told Channel 4 News tonight: "Senior officers were aware of some concerns being expressed by particular community leaders.

"However they had no definitive intelligence to indicate that events would escalate as quickly and as violently as they did."

IPCC says it's reviewing how it handled the entire case and is now engaging with communities directly to obtain their feed back.

By now dark clouds were looming. The IPCC were finally contacted at 8 o'clock that night - 20 minutes before the first police car was set on fire.

The demonstrators, frustrated at they way they'd been treated, made plans to leave. But by this time a large crowd had gathered in Tottenham, many of them filled with anger.

An hour later there was another call to the IPCC that Tottenham had erupted.

The Metropolitan Police told Channel 4 News tonight: "Senior officers were aware of some concerns being expressed by particular community leaders.

"However they had no definitive intelligence to indicate that events would escalate as quickly and as violently as they did."

The IPCC says it's reviewing how it handled the entire case and is now engaging with communities directly to obtain their feed back.

Some in the communities see the Metropolitan Police as impotent. Many have memories of 25 years ago when Broadwater Farm was the scene of ugly and violent riots. They wonder what happened to the lessons which were supposedly learnt back then?

Thread Information