Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Just got betangel...hellllllp

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just got betangel...hellllllp

I know I should figure it out for myself but these things are never obvious. How do I simply make it automate a lay for me, setting a cut-off and to lay the horse 2 mins before the race?

Go through the websites tutorials first I sugest.

Marcus

I believe in the Mathematics of large numbers or ask you the occasional dumb question

I've gone through every tutorial there is nothing at all about automated timed betting so I'm gathering it doesn't have this feature. Bet-IE used to have it but the site seems to be dead now, has that one been discontinued?

Scouring google it seems there's a good few options out there these days. Bet Minder, LayBotPro, Gruss. I can't find any comparison sites though to find out which ones are most reliable.

Oh wait found a reivew site here http://www.racing-index.com/horseracing/bettingbots/

http://www.betangel.com/guardian/automation.php

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thanks. Having gone through the tutorials the complexity of simply placing a normal bet is ridiculous. Think I'll be trialling the more straight forward ones

It's easy once you know how to do it, but Betangel does it that way to give the user plenty of flexibility.

I'm looking into every one out there at the moment and I'm finding it hard to find one where you can select different stakes and odds for multiple selections in one race! I'm finding all these BOTs are all about this stop loss and recovery rubbish. Recovery? What so this bot can get back money I've lost? Well in that case why don't we just pretend we've lost money and let this amazing magical software "recover" us tons of profit?? As for stop loss, or profit limit, that just sounds like a total joke to me. So are we more likely to win by stopping at 3pm and starting again the next day? What if there was no days or nights and time just went on in one continuoum? Seems like utter *******s to me. I dabbled with bet-IE a few years ago and it wouldn't have it's own client with runners brought up differently to betfair, it would just place a template over the BF page itself and was sooooooo easy to use. Where has it gone???

Ahhh...google says:

IMPORTANT NOTICE, AS OF THE 26/07/2010 Bet-IE ceased trading due to several factors

The Bet-IE owners fell out and the software sank. It was a good program as well.

The Stop Loss, etc you are going on about is all for trading which is what most of these bots are built for. They have only just added the means to go through each race automatically in Betangel and the software has been out for years. It's the best around though.

Right I HAVE to find a bot so back to betangel. So I'm creating a "new rule", ticking bet to trigger 1 min before race time until zero seconds before race time. I have allow rule to trigger just once. Not sure why I'd want it to trigger anymore than that? Just left the second before rearming box at default 5

Next select choose selection by name. Then goto "parameters". Here is where to set stake and price. Fixed price, then the only price we can enter is the cut-off price for every horse right? Then whatever the odds are at the time the bet is placed it will be guaranteed matched.

Then there's global settings. Tons of this 'offset' mumbo jumbo. Presuming I just leave this at "none". Then do I tick the fill or kill box or just leave that aswell?

Then when applying its asking a name for rules again!! Are you telling me you have to assign a name/rule to every single lay you place? Then apply the "rule" aka the BET to the automation rules column?? If so then you have to go thru this whole charade for every single horse it could take hours!!!

You can find videos on Youtube, watch them with your finger on the pause button. Also use Test Mode until you get it right. You just need to concentrate on one bot. The reason for all the bells & whistles on Betangel is that it is extremely flexible and therefore powerful.

I've deleted this as no sooner did I post than I then found the answer to the question...I'm really good at doing that But then I guess speaking too soon always gets things found out quicker that way

So I think I've got it and will experiment at Wolves.

One small thing which I didn't see in any vids, though I'm not watching all of them cause most are about trading etc. In the automation rule drop down column far right, how do you clear/empty the box of old rules? As a new rule has to be made up for every single race then this list is going to get stupidly long and it lists in alphabetical order. Selecting the wrong one is probably an easy mistake.

omg the very first one went badly wrong!! Going back into the rule it's saying I'd left it to lay row 1 which probably means I selected the horse's name without actually ticking the box to lay the SELECTION So it layed Good Timing. The irony is I made a massive 40p trade from it backing at a tick higher

The next one I did went off without a hitch, but then for the odds on Stars In Your Eyes I changed it from fixed amount to by liability, the stake being £16, which is what the fixed stake would have been if not odds on. ONly it places the bet at £1.6 backer's stake

I hope you're playing around with Practise Mode otherwise I've know people to lose £1000's on bots by not knowing what they are doing

Do u know how to empty the old rules box Keith?

Tipex

Highlight the ones you don't want and 'remove selected markets'

Something I just realised after all these years you don't get charged comms for trading because obviously one bet loses, so you're profiting and not getting charged for it

You get hit by the Premium Charges if you make enough

I just spent longer putting all tomorrow's lays into betangel than it will for the buggers to run the races!! But then I noticed in the nick of time my trial is due to run out tomoz at midday!!! I'll be out by then so I'd have come home to find nothing layed, unless it carries on running if you're logged in but I doubt that.

Fire an email off to Betangel with your username and email and ask if they can extend it by a day. tell them you've just figured out how to use it and want to give it a full run tomorrow before deciding to subscribe or not ... it works sometimes.

It's ok I just got 2 months worth, I'll be using it anyway

I've gotten ******* horrendous prices on all the winners today placing, 1 minute before the off!! Is there any way I can get better prices but still almost guarantee it gets placed? What do you set it to when you have automate? I used fixed price and just enter the cut-off.

I take what ever is on offer around 2 mins before the off if I automate it fully, but I don't do it that often.

Thread Information