I've had builders, electricians, plumbers, etc in the last week rewiring the house, and redoing the kitchen, and they'll still be working another week.

The problem is each job is being done by a sub-contractor. We had 6 electricians in the other day rewiring. They arrived at 10:30am, dinner 1-2pm, and left at 3:30pm!!! They turned up the following day and all packed and ready to leave at 3:30pm thinking they'd finished the job I pointed out that they had actually placed the 3 new sockets in the bedroom behind the cupboards and wardrobes!!! No common sense ... so they had to move them

I let them all pack up again then told them they'd forgotton to do the outhouse . Then once they'd finished that and packed up again I pointed out the shower and fan in the bathroom didn't work .... so they didn't end up leaving till 6:30PM

The plumber and plasterers turned up at 8:30am yesterday, and both finished the jobs on their own quickly ..... why the difference between these and the electricians? The last 2 are self-employed

I'll hopefully have access to my main computer system tomorrow, as it's all packaged away to stay out of the dust, then I can get back to doing my own work.