Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Cecil eager for Frankel return

Cecil eager for Frankel return

Sir Henry Cecil remains keen to see Frankel make his seasonal reappearance in next month's JLT Lockinge Stakes at Newbury after the unbeaten colt was given the all-clear to resume his training programme.

He hurt his off-fore when working in Newmarket last Wednesday and while it was initially reported to be a minor problem, it later transpired the injury could be more serious.

However, those fears have now been allayed following a scan and while it looked highly unlikely Frankel would be heading to Newbury last weekend, Cecil hopes he could still make the trip.

"He obviously hit his tendon quite badly and there was a lot of haemorrhaging. I was always very hopeful as it didn't feel like a normal tendon (injury), but you never know," he told Racing UK.

"He's got a tremendously long stride and he went on to the grass on Racecourse Side for the first time and I think he hit his front leg with his back leg on the tendon.

"He was scanned this morning very thoroughly and everything with his tendon is fine. I've had him walking and trotting, everything seems to have settled down, we'll resume work and we'll feel our way.

"I'd like to make Newbury if possible because it's a long time with a horse like that to hang around until (Royal) Ascot. Then you'll get hardened horses who've had a race or two.

"Cecil had initially planned to take Frankel for a racecourse gallop at Newbury this weekend and while that idea has obviously been shelved, the master of Warren Place could still take his stable star for a day away if he feels it is required.

"If I have to take him somewhere I'll take him. He'll probably resume cantering this weekend," Cecil added.

"The Prince (Khalid Abdullah, owner) was fantastic and said 'I've had so much fun out of that horse and he's done more than I could ever have expected, so don't worry.' But I said I am worried because I think he could be a better horse this year and we need him."

More...

Brilliant news

Good to see Sir Cecil on RUK this afternoon

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thread Information