Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Rooney was fit to play - Hodgson

Post Rooney was fit to play - Hodgson

England manager Roy Hodgson says the weight of expectation on Wayne Rooney - not fitness - could explain his poor performance against Italy.

More...

Yeah right, and I'm a green skinned alien from planet Aldi

He was totally shot by 60 minutes and completely useless..... he should have been replaced not Whelbeck

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Why is it England managers don't like Defoe he should have gt more playing time

Quote Originally Posted by lowe1 View Post
    Why is it England managers don't like Defoe he should have gt more playing time
    Silly boy We don't want a team that can win things

We were so bad the other night, they made John Terry look good

I've always wondered why they don't give him a regular chance. Sure he's not the most technically gifted player but he isn't afraid to shoot, has pace and scores goals, not something the rest of the strikers in the squad do much.

I was embarrassed for Andy Carroll in the Italy game to see him trying to control and pass a football. Newcastle must still be laughing now.

Rooney contributed very little, so much for our 'star' player.

I think for me, own goal aside, Glenn Johnson was possibly our best player, he made several timely interceptions and tackles throughout the tournament. Just a shame he's not still a Pompey player, just think of all the new grounds he's missing out on in league one!

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

Agree about Carroll, just desperate. If he is what England have to offer, God help us. Rooney is an enigma, think we might have seen the best of him as a kid tbh for England, pretty much like Owen. Plays great for United but has much better players around him.

Johnson did make some vital interceptions Matt but his general quality was pretty much as the rest of the team, poor first touch...losing the ball. I think you are right what you said in the other thread, it is possibly the worst England side in recent living memory. If this was a proper business, some serious ass would be getting kicked now. What is Brooking doing there, he has had the job a while now hasnt he???

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Brooking has got lost in the FA politics

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Hate to say it but Terry was ur best player with Johnson a close second.

Gerrard also had a great tournament but can'r believe we haven't got another midfielder than can come on to replace him. The English squad is so lacking in depth it's unreal.

Though i do think the future of English team i looking up if the young players get the right development at their clubs we could have a good Euro 2016 in France.

Players like

Defence
    Jones, Smalling, Kelly

Midfield
    Chamberlain , Adam Johnson , Henderson ( once he finds his feet will be a different player ) Cleverley , Rodwell

Strikers
    Welbeck , Frazier Campbell, Sturidge , Carroll

Thats just players i can think of at minute and i'm sure there will be one or two players who come through who are not around now

That's a good point Tony, the options on the bench were practically zero, highlighted by the fact he used the same 3/4 subs the whole tournament. The rest of the squad were basically there to make up the numbers barring a few injuries.

I think Gerrard probably had his best tournament to date but unfortunately there was little around him to help out attacking wise.

Another thing I've just got to get out as well is Parker. I'm sorry but for me he offers very little in a team that doesn't have much going forward, sure a Makele type in a Chelsea team etc is a useful player to have to break things up and give it to the playmakers. Unfortunately we don't have any and for me we can't afford to have a central midfielder that contributes nothing going forward, especially when our wide midfielders are as inept as Young and Milner were. Also what's with having to be subbed every game?? Maybe that's a knock on of the fact we never keep the ball so he was constantly shuttling around chasing the ball we'd just given away?

Here's a thought: Why not give Dario Gradi a job in producing a template for schools and youth soccer teams to work to? As he managed to contantly produce players through the Crewe academy who could control and pass a ball comfortably why on earth can't Premier teams? A bit less time spent on running around and more on basic skills might help. As they say, let the ball do the work! Talking of players produced by Crewe the Enland team is that desperate that an ageing Danny Murphy would have been a better option too!

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

Quote Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    Here's a thought: Why not give Dario Gradi a job in producing a template for schools and youth soccer teams to work to?
    What total common sense...you'd never get in the FA though Matt. How about we start employing and paying big money to bring in proven, Dutch, Spanish, German coaches for young kids. Then start teaching our own coaches, learning these new methods on skills and technique. All the money paid to Capello for a wasted quick fix would have gone a long way wouldnt it?

"Listen to me. I can just about handle you, driving like a pissed-up crackhead and treating women like beanbags, but I’m going to say this once and once only, Gene: stay out of Camberwick Green!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_cIbBTkn70&feature=related

Thread Information