Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Now I Remember Why I Don't Like London......

Now I Remember Why I Don't Like London......

..... traffic, traffic lights every 50 metres, stupid cyclists and motorbikes, fumes, idiot pedestrians, excessive charges.

I hadn't been to the center of London since the 80's, but had to go yesterday to take the wife to the Philippine embassy.

5 Hours of driving there. Now I do 70-75mph, and I must have overtaken about 5 Audi's, and yet over 100 overtook me... that says a lot about Audi drivers

I was expecting a difficult journey on the motorways, but they were pretty clear, and from the M25 to inner London it was empty as 11:30am

Parking was easy, as I'd booked a spot in a car park next to the Ritz, for £22.50 for 24hrs, mind you, I am used to paying £0

The Chinese buffet was crap as the food was cold, and I'm not sure they were happy with me telling them, and then telling a group of tourists outside not to bother going in

We managed to do a flying visit of all the main attractions, so hopefully the other half will realise of great Las Vegas is when I take her in March.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Oi oi

London is THE finest city in the world.

Okay. I'll give it to you about the traffic lights...
    And I suppose we have more than our fair share of inconsiderate and dangerous cyclists and mototbikers.
    To be honest the fumes can be completely overwhelming.
    And don't get me started on pedestrians.
    The charges, talk about excessive.
    Parking! you pretty much need to remortgage to afford a parking space here. If you can find one at all with residential parking restrictions.
    As for eating out. Remember to take a bunch of heavy duty paracetamol with you for the ensured post meal food poisoning.

God, I hate London.

The Vegster!

Winner of Ada's Eurovision Game 2014

Liverpool is the IN CITY .... at least the slappers only want a pint of lager not a bottle of Champagne

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Liverpool is the IN CITY .... at least the slappers only want a pint of lager not a bottle of Champagne
    A bottle od Ice White and Im anyones.

The Vegster!

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    A bottle od Ice White and Im anyones.
    I'll be in Liverpool for lunch today, so I'll bring a bottle

Cheers for the tip. I'm just worried though that if I head down to the environs of Birken'ead suitably stocked with lager, the local lasses don't act all coy and adjust their ankle length skirts in a shy and awkward manner.

What puts me off visiting London with a gal is that she might not be as keen as me to visit Soho, albeit that jazz has come a long way since Paul Raymond's magazines.

Soho is so expensive, you can pick up a good slapper on the Liverpool Dock Road for £5 .... or £10 if you want one without a moustache

Soho is so expensive, you can pick up a good slapper on the Liverpool Dock Road for £5 .... or £10 if you want one without a moustache

Hmm, I note there's no mention of beards...

Traffic lights. Have you ever worked out how much of your life you have wasted sitting at traffic lights? It's frightening. First we had roundabouts to do away with traffic lights and then they had the wonderful idea of putting traffic lights on the roundabouts. Brilliant!

I used to have a job where I'd be driving most days so if you think at a very low estimate of hitting 30 red lights in a day and being lucky enough to only one minute at each, that's half hour a day. Times five is 2.5 hrs a week excluding weekends. That's 130 hours a year, so lets be generous again and say that's 5 days a year. So being very generous if you were driving for 50 years you'd have wasted 8-9 months of your life sitting at traffic lights.

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

Now I remember why I like the Welsh countryside. I can go 50 miles without even seeing a traffic light

Quote Originally Posted by MattR View Post
    I used to have a job where I'd be driving most days so if you think at a very low estimate of hitting 30 red lights in a day and being lucky enough to only one minute at each, that's half hour a day. Times five is 2.5 hrs a week excluding weekends. That's 130 hours a year, so lets be generous again and say that's 5 days a year. So being very generous if you were driving for 50 years you'd have wasted 8-9 months of your life sitting at traffic lights.
    And 4 of those months are spent telling some illegal immegrant to stop washing your god damned window.

The Vegster!

"I put a skylight in my apartment...... the people upstairs are furious." - Stephen Wright

My Website : http://www.mrmrsportssystems.co.uk
    Now offering three subscription based betting systems and daily free bets.
    Free bets 34.7pts up in October

Quote Originally Posted by vegyjones View Post
    And 4 of those months are spent telling some illegal immegrant to stop washing your god damned window.
    I'm not sure which funnier, the window washing, or Vegy strip searching them to check for a visa

Thread Information