Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Activists descend on 'fracking' site

Post Activists descend on 'fracking' site

Activists descend on a test drilling site in West Sussex as part of a six-day protest camp.

More...

Activists descend on 'fracking' site

I suppose most of these idiots are on the dole

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

The protestors say they are in a "working relationship" with the local farmer to obtain permission to base their campaign on his land.

The farmer said he's never spoken to them and wouldn't have given them permission if he had. Are the anti-fracking folks telling fibs? Shurely shome mishtake.

But it's all about renewables wiv energy, innit? Get a wind farm installed in every field and on every patch of water in Britain and have done with it. Throw up solar panels up all over the place as well, given the endless sunshine we get in the UK.

The leaders of the protestors have indicated that the group will not be able to maintain a full presence at the fracking site, as a number of the campaigners will have to undertake an urgent mission to cash their giro cheques.

They will then be further delayed as they will have to purchase vital supplies for the protest group, such as cheap cider, cigarette papers and "our favourite baccy", with carrots, turnips and cabbages also being bought to provide a slap-up vegan brunch at 4pm when all the protestors have got out of bed. The protestors strongly denied they would save money on their foodfest by pinching vegetables from the local farmer.

After the sumptuous feast, a woman with significant facial hair told one journalist that poetry readings and protest songs will take place during the evening and further activities were planned, although the woman was unable to elaborate on this as she said she had to take a dump in the woods.

You've just described them so well, I'd say you have a spy in their ranks

I take all of these protestors already have a wind turbine in the garden, the roof and free garden space covered in solar panels, and they recycle everything.... they don't .... thought not ... losers

How can yer average protestor afford to be green when none of us 'ave got a job, which we would refuse to take even at gunpoint.

I just hope history doesn't repeat itself though and there isn't some undercover copper sleeping with half the female protestors.

Quote Originally Posted by barneymather View Post
    I just hope history doesn't repeat itself though and there isn't some undercover copper sleeping with half the female protestors.
    I think they have learnt not to do that. They are more modern now and sleep with the men instead

Hmm, brings a new meaning to putting a tail on a suspect. "This is a direct order: stand by your hammock and"

Is now the time to bring in a law that if an MP is convicted of an offense they lose their rights as an MP?

I would rather have a fracking site near me than a bloody wind farm

Jeffrey Archer and Mike Watson both sit in the House of Lords, which is an outrageous situation considering one was jailed for perjury and the other for arson.

Being an MP or a peer is a hugely privileged position and there's enough deadbeats and arrogant swines as it is in the Commons and the Lords without insulting the public by allowing ex-cons to pass judgement on law-abiding citizens.

It's the doubters of renewable energy sources who are portrayed by trendy newspapers as the head in the sand enemies of progress and destroyers of the environment, but how much power can wind and solar energy actually deliver in the UK?

The renewable energy lobby is as much driven by ideology as anything else and while they may claim to hold the trump card in that this energy is green (ignoring endless ugly wind farms of course), the key question has to be whether renewables realistically have the capacity to produce huge amounts of electricity.

With wind and solar in the UK, if we relied on it 100%, then during the summer we would have no power at night . The simple answer is nuclear, and they should have been built 10 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    You've just described them so well, I'd say you have a spy in their ranks

I take all of these protestors already have a wind turbine in the garden, the roof and free garden space covered in solar panels, and they recycle everything.... they don't .... thought not ... losers
    Yes it was detailed information.. I have noticed most protesters have all these itesm in there garden

Thread Information