Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Legend Dalglish joins Liverpool board

Post Legend Dalglish joins Liverpool board

Liverpool confirm that former player and manager Kenny Dalglish has returned to Anfield as a director on the club's board.

More...

Legend Dalglish joins Liverpool board

Not been on the forum of late so have just seen this. Football's a funny old game Saint, as in what other industry would you get the bullet as a manager and then be invited back to sit on the board?

Mind you, this is the same business where clubs are hundreds of millions of pounds in debt yet are throwing six figure weekly salaries at players. I suppose you could say something similar happened with the banks but look how that turned out.

Kenny has always said that the club is bigger any man, including himself, so it was no surprise to see him back. His policy is just to help the club, regardless of what has gone on before.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

I worked beside a bloke from Liverpool until recently (unlike Keith, he's not a Man U fan ), and apart from his telling me that he liked to encourage the view that Everton draws much of its fanbase from North Wales rather than Scouseland, he said that Dalglish was the highest paid manager in Britain despite being given the tin tack by Liverpool.

Kenny's from my neck of the woods and I think he was an apprentice joiner in his teens. He must shudder when he thinks of what his life may have been like if he hadn't had a talent for football.

He may well have been made redundant in middle age and be living on a meagre income like many of his peers. It's something I hadn't really thought about before, but the guy I worked alongside also felt that Bob Paisley was never given the recognition he deserved on a national level for his achievements whilst manager at Anfield.

Quote Originally Posted by barneymather View Post
    (unlike Keith, he's not a Man U fan ).

Paisley had a better record than Shankly, but it is the latter one that is always talked about. However, that is probably because Shankly built them up into a winning team, a bit like Fergie. I doubt Moyes will be remembered in 20 years even if he wins more than Fergie!

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Thread Information