Another system from the same book. The author seemed very keen on this one. It is similar to the Stepping Plan 2 that Keith mentions on his staking plans page.

Reverse Labouchere.

Basic idea is you write a line of numbers 1-7. Don't ask me why it's 1-7 but the author claims this is a good number for horseracing. Your bets are placed at a stake equal the sum of the two ends of the line. So your first bet is 8pts. If it wins, you add the winning stake to the end of the line. If it loses you strike of the numbers you used.

Example:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8pts Lost -8pts overall
2 3 4 5 6 8pts Lost -16pts
3 4 5 8pts Win @ 5/2 +4
3 4 5 8 11 pts Win @ 4/6 +11.37
3 4 5 8 11 14pts Lost -2.63
4 5 8

And so on. If you completely use up a line start again.

I am very interested in this one. Personally I can't use it for the horses because I very rarely get on the internet to place bets just before the racing, I do most of my betting during a break in the morning. And of course the system relies on knowing the result of one race before placing a bet on another. However, I am going to trial it on Larsson7's excellent baseball tips.

The author (David Duncan) of the book from which this is taken does suggest a check-out point of 10-15 times your original stake, which seems like a good idea.

Again I plea to the more experienced among us to pull this one to pieces or point out the other name it is going under so I can use that for a keyword search on the forum :D