I know this post is about footy, so should maybe placed elsewhere on the forum.....

Well, the big kick off is tonight. Is it just me or does anyone else think that the opening game is not a shoe in for Brazil. I know that the stats say it should be an easy Brazil win, seeing that the host nation have never lost their opening game in any world cup (14 wins and 6 draws). But, eight of the last 12 opening games have had just one goal or less and Croatia have the best World Cup defensive record of all the teams in the tournament. So the 4/1 draw odds might not seem such a longshot no-hoper.....

Can guarantee that Brazil will storm it now

I watched the MOTD programme last night, what a load of waffle. Then Alan Shearer tried to sit there and pick FOUR teams that could win the tourney. What's that all about I still think that Argentina have a chance, the group matches are like training kick abouts for them and will get better as the tournament progresses. If Messi finally gets his world cup playing head on, he could have at least six on the board going into the knockout stages.....

Gordon