Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: any ideas?

any ideas?

i want to transfer my lp collection to cd through my pc, do i need some sort of software or just leads that go from my turn table to my pc, upload the music then download onto disc.
    thanks form your input
    haveabet

Thumbs up Recording.....

Sound Forge 6 is as good as anything.....

Gordon

i once did this, by connecting my hi-fi to my computer. to do this i used the headphone socket on the hi-fi to run a wire (not sure what type) to my sound card, this let me record what was playing on my hi-fi, on my computer. the problem with this however was there was no 'tracks' only one long music file, it was quite easy to do (although very time consuming). and i think i did it with window's software.

if you are willing to spend a bit more time on it than i did, you could probably get some decent results, for not muck ££ the wire i used, would probably only cost a couple of ££ from a shop like tandy or mapplins. and you could probably download some decent software to do this sort of thing.

I have managed to record some of my old LP`s using
    "Sound Blaster Live" which is part of
    "Creative Play Center" which was included on the PC whe I got it.
    My son also tells me he can use "Ahead Nero" but I have not tried that.

Then all you need is a pair of stereo leads from your hi-fi/amp or turntable to your pc.
    ( I got mine from Maplins - ready made - about 10 metres long so they reach from one room to another )

JJ

Thread Information