Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Brimardon

Brimardon

Evening all, it's been a while!

I'm having a running battle with some geezer called John Brooks from Brimardon trying to get myself removed from his email list even though I've never requested being on it in the first place.

The emails are now getting quite tasty.

Does anyone have any first hand exerience of how bad Brimardon actually is?

Looking for ammunition? Why yes of course I am.

Mark

Search the Internet you'll find all kinds about them, very heavy on the marketing. All they supply is a ratings service, and we all know that the vast majority of top rated horses in any ratings give huge losses over time.

They have to remove you by law if you have requested it.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

I'm having the same problem, I get regular junk mail from them, not sure if I've tried unsubscribing from their emails, spam, spam, don't need it anyway but I think they operate a ratings service which targets specific races at courses where they know their horses do well...

What I know for sure though, they're vastly over-priced....

Actually, I kept a recent one about Cheltenham, I'll try & have a look at it -

Have you tried replying with Unsubscribe - I just did?

I have info on Brimardon

Hi,

I am a new member of this forum. I admit I have joined primarily because of a bad experience with Brimardon, which I joined in Feb 2011.

Let me know if you want to know more pls. I want people to know how bad they are.

I have 6 months full results too! I would like to see them out of business.

Cheers

[Admin: Brimardon are a ratings service, and as with all the others around should be treated as a guide only, and not a tipping service]

joined brimardon on 01 of may this year made 23 pionts in may, June 112 points down (unprecidented) July made 18 points August 24 points down up till mon 19 need I say more.

It's just a ratings service and not a tipping service. Big difference.

lies and dam lies

Well what can we say the problem when you are the largest service in the country is we attract trolls who for one reason or another go on every forum going to rubbish anything good about ours and other racing services.

The first thing we notice is that 2 posters on this thread have only one post they look like the same poster and on many other forums the same thing happens. One troll is telling lies but that is what they do.

The statement he makes is very interesting "I would like to see them out of business"

That is why they post, jealousy, envy whatever it may be the internet attracts them and we are a easy target.

In 2011 we had 2 losing months in 12 very good but not enough to please every one, one of the biggest problems we come across is that some of the members do not follow the system, they change the staking, they will turn our winning system into a losing one by adding the racing knowledge they have and not following what we tell them to do.

What a lot do not realise is those advertising like ourselves in the Racing Post come under the asa regulations and we are seriously regulated.
    This is what we have to do every day 7 days a week, we have a detailed proofing sheet in spreadsheet format that includes in detail date, time, points and how much £, price advised or sp, which bookmaker and if a price is advised we need a screen shot of a betting slip that proves the price. no taking betfair prices allowed by the regulations.

If you have 4 bets each one needs that level of detail when that is done it needs to be sent to the Racing Post and a third trusted party ours is a chartered accountant.

The racing post proofing is independant and monitered as regulated by the asa.

Every winner, profit, results claimed is checked before being published to confirm the advert is up to asa scrunity.
    For those that dont know the asa is the advertising standards authirity.

To prove we make profits we have a asa adjudication we claimed £37,500 profit the complaint was that no tipsters make money.

It is the first time in horse racing history that we know about that anyone can prove by a independant authority that a profit has been made.
    So its very strange its in the public domain but you can trawl the forums and websites and no one wants to be told that tipsters make money.
    This is the adjudication in full so everything is above board.

ASA Adjudication on Brimardon Systems
    Brimardon Systems
    14-15 Regent Parade
    Harrogate
    North Yorkshire
    HD1 5AW
    Date: 17 February 2010
    Media:Press general
    Sector:Leisure
    Number of complaints:1
    Complaint Ref:105372

Ad
    A press ad in the Racing Post for a cover bet system stated in bold text “over £37,500 PROFIT. 375+ POINTS PROFIT.” Smaller text stated “These profits are backing to win… PROFIT FROM 13 OCTOBER 08 UP TO END OF APRIL 09… For the first time ever we can get our stake money back on losers… The Cover Bet will place and manage that bet for you more efficiently than you can do it yourself.” Small print provided information about turnover figures.

Issue
    The complainant objected that the ad was misleading because it implied that a profit could be achieved.

CAP Code (Edition 11)
    Response
    Brimardon Systems (Brimardon) provided a brief explanation of their Cover Bet system and how the cover bet could win stake money back on losing bets. They stated that all the selections were proofed in advance of the races taking place by e-mail to their chartered accountants, Bry Ltd, and to the Racing Post. They sent a master proofing spreadsheet which contained details of the selected horse, race time and meeting and odds from 13 October 2008 to 30 April 2009 and their accountants provided copies of time and date-stamped emails in support of the claim. Brimardon also sent screenshots from the relevant bookmaker's website to prove the availability of their recommended odds.

Assessment
    Not upheld

The ASA understood that the profit claims were based on Brimardons horse racing telephone selections and noted that the running total at the end of the period, set out in their master spreadsheet, exceeded the £37,000 figure stated in the ad. We noted that each recommended bet was lodged independently, by e-mail, with the Racing Post and Brimardons accountants before each race. We asked Brimardon to provide copies of over 100 of the proof e-mails, showing wins, throughout the relevant period, and we asked the Racing Post to provide a smaller sample of emails received, which we selected at random. We assessed the data and noted that the selections sent to the accountants and the Racing Post corresponded with Brimardon's master record and that the e-mails were sent before the start of the relevant races, which was confirmed by the electronic date and time stamp in the e-mails. Furthermore, we noted from the sample of sent e-mails provided by the Racing Post that the dates, times and content of the e-mails corresponded with the received versions held by Brimardon's accountants. We also noted Brimardon included screen shots from the relevant bookers website confirming the availability of the recommended odds for the horses Brimardon had advised.

Because we considered that the two selections of proofing e-mails provided by Bry ltd and the Racing Post verified the accuracy of Brimardons records between October 2008 and April 2009, we concluded that they had substantiated the profit claims.

We investigated the ad under CAP Code clauses 3.1 (Substantiation), 6.1 (Honesty) and 7.1 (Truthfulness), but did not find it in breach.

Action
    No further action necessary.

Adjudication of the ASA Council (Non-broadcast)

Hope this helps to put the lies to bed.

Everyone has a right to reply on here.

Quote Originally Posted by brimardon View Post
    The statement he makes is very interesting "I would like to see them out of business"
    IThis is a common generic statement in the betting industry, we'd all like to see the bookies out of business, however if that happened then betting as we know it would not exist

Quote Originally Posted by brimardon View Post
    Hope this helps to put the lies to bed.
    Maybe not lies, such a strong word, but people's experience of your service whether they followed the instructions or not. We are all entitled to our opinions. I produce profits year after year but still get people losing money by not following what they are told to do, and so they blow their banks and blame the service, then they move onto the next tipster, forever chasing after the fast instant profit Golden Goose

Thread Information