Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: System Banker Software + Windows 7

anadon is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

System Banker Software + Windows 7

Hi,

I want to transfer the system banker software from my old vista laptop to my nice shiney new windows 7 machine. I've installed it but after keying in the days code, it appears to hang and dosn't prompt me to enter the starting balance (I'm going to copy across the existing history file). I noticed on the download page that it mentioned that the software won't run correctly on some windows 7 installations due to security settings.

Does anybody know if this is likely the problem I've hit and what needs changing?

Thanks

Another member has had the same/similar problem using this software with Windows 7.
    I believe Win2Win is looking into this, however....
    Click HERE to link to the associated thread (some of the posts are relevant, others not so).

Thanks for that. I tried the suggestion in the other thread of running as administrator, but that made no difference. I'll keep an eye on the other thread.

You can copy the whole lot from Vista/Xp onto a pendrive and run it on that.

I'll have a new installer ready over the weekend that'll fix the security issues on W7

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Hi,

Did you manage to sort this as I've just downloaded it again and I think it's the same version?

Cheers

I haven't forgotten, I just haven't had much time with some thick and worthless builders and electricians in the house .... I'll try and do it today and let you know when it's updated

The new version of the System Banker software for Windows 7 and previous versions, is available at http://www.win2win.co.uk/Updates/SystemBanker/setup.exe

Thats brilliant thanks, though I think I need to disable norton 360 to install it. Calls it "Dangerous" and actually deletes it quicker than I can say its safe

.... Just managed to mark it as ok and it now attempts to install it but gives the error "Cannot install as installation components are missing" (Probably a Norton issue again). Details given are:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.261
    System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    clr.dll : 4.0.30319.261 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
    dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    dfshim.dll : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
    Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/David/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/YT3IUG1R/SystemBanker.application

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\YT3IUG1R\SystemBanker.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
    + Downloading file:///C:/Users/David/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary Internet Files/Content.IE5/YT3IUG1R/SystemBanker.application did not succeed.
    + Could not find file 'C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\YT3IUG1R\SystemBanker.application'.
    + Could not find file 'C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\YT3IUG1R\SystemBanker.application'.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [06/04/2012 18:04:55] : Activation of C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\YT3IUG1R\SystemBanker.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [06/04/2012 18:04:55] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
    - Downloading file:///C:/Users/David/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary Internet Files/Content.IE5/YT3IUG1R/SystemBanker.application did not succeed.
    - Source: System.Deployment
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
    at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
    at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
    at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
    at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
    --- Inner Exception ---
    System.Net.WebException
    - Could not find file 'C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\YT3IUG1R\SystemBanker.application'.
    - Source: System
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Net.FileWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
    --- Inner Exception ---
    System.Net.WebException
    - Could not find file 'C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\YT3IUG1R\SystemBanker.application'.
    - Source: System
    - Stack trace:
    at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)
    at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponseCallback(Object state)
    --- Inner Exception ---
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException
    - Source: mscorlib
    - Stack trace:
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync)
    at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async)
    at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

Hmm... worked fine on mine .... Norton flags it as it's an .EXE file, and not a virus.... it's a lot easier to install than a ZIP file for most people.

I'll have it fixed in a minute :)

Hi,

Thanks, that's got a lot further now.....I get a message during the installation saying that I need version 4.0 Full of the .net frame work. Looking at whats installed it says .net 4 client profile. Do I need to install something else?

Thanks for all the help/

Cheers

Strange that as it only uses .Net 2 ..... .Net 4 should have been installed as part of the normal Windows Updates, so strange it's not installed already as it's part of Windows. You can get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en....aspx?id=17851

I'll add a check to the installer code

Brilliant thanks - all working now

Phew!!!

Took me a day as I decided to upgrade my other software as well, and still one to go ... as well as updating the web site script for my next project

Don't worry, it's still all working fine , just wanted to ask if it was intentional that we no longer need the unlock codes as this is always pre-set when ever I load the software.

No it shouldn't .... i always leave that bit of code active when I upgrade .... fixed now

It's easily done. Was it also intentional to remove the bookmaker/exchange option?

Cheers

Oop!!! .... I'll get on it now. .... not used to the new Visual Studio and Installer yet

Hi,

Dare I ask if you've had a chance to sort this?

Cheers

I sorted it the same time you pointed it out, it should have automatically updated!

I'll recompile and upload again

Uploaded now. If it doesn't self-update when you run it, download the ZIP again and install that way. Sorry about the hassle.

Hi,

It didn't self update and unfortunately downloading the zip file to install again is giving the same problem we had earlier with the "Installation components missing.....". I can feel a forum ban coming my way

..... I hate this new installer .... maybe I'll go back to VS2008

I'll have a fiddle tonight

Ah... figured out what the problem was .... all working now .... otherwise I'll sentence myself to the local bull!!!

All working brilliantly for me now, not that I think I'd dare reply if it wasn't

Quote Originally Posted by anadon View Post
    All working brilliantly for me now, not that I think I'd dare reply if it wasn't

Thread Information