PDA

View Full Version : Mathare's Systems - New Systems Added

mathare
13th September 2003, 22:15
Right, on top of the four existing systems I have added some more as of today. Well starting with tomorrow, you get what I mean. This takes the number of systems on trial to 8.

Remember, I am paper trading these for a while yet as they are still new and I am not 100% convinced they are all worth keeping.

I'm noy going to declare all my system rules. I may do so in the future, I might open them up and see if you lot can suggest any improvements. I will give a quick summary of the existing systems though.

System A - applies to all racing
System B - applies to flat handicaps
System C - applies to handicap chases
System D - apllies to NH and flat racing

And now the new ones...

System E - applies to NH only
System F - another National Hunt only system
System G - yet another NH only system
System H - applies to flat races for 2-y-o

Systems A-D, F and G all use a level stakes plan. I put a 1pt win bet on every qualifier. Often this will mean backing several qualifiers in the same race. Systems B and C often throw up 2, 3 or even 4 in the same race. Currently I back them all with the same, 1pt win bets. This may be one of the things I review depending on how the paper trading trial goes.

System E involves dutching two horses. Here I will use a stake of 2pts per race and round the stakes to 0.01pts. The prices used for the calculation of the stakes will be the prices given in the betting forecast in the newspaper I use for these systems (The Sun). Therefore, as all the results I give are to SP this may very well lead to the dutching not returning the same amount regardless of which of the qualifiers wins. If that makes any sense.... :doh

System H will provide two qualifiers per race that fits the bill. One will be the principal selection and will have a 2pts win bet on, the other horse being the danger and having a 1pt win bet on it.

Each system will be followed until it hits a loss of 100pts at which stage it will be given a black mark and reviewed. It may just be reset as both flat and NH form is a tad dodgy at this time of year. Or it may have its rules tweaked before it is reset.

I will publish the qualifiers on a daily basis. I will do my best to get them on before the start of racing. This isn't always possible due to work commitments. In such cases I will publish them later so that a complete record is maintained. I will publish summaries of the systems (strike rates and profit/loss) daily too.

John
13th September 2003, 22:32
Good luck with the new ones Mat. System H certainly sounds intriguing. Not quite sure what you mean by the 'principal' horse in the market, as there could be many especially in competitive races and large fields. Also what have you decided to do about joint/co-favs?

The NH should pick up, or at least that's what Keith is expecting will happen, so these I shall keep a close eye on. :)

mathare
13th September 2003, 22:36
The rules for System H pick out two horses, one is preferred to the other and becomes the principal selection. The second qualifier is the danger horse. I will indicate which is which when I post the qualifiers for System H.

Joint and co-favs are handled by all systems. The rules cope with them.

The only system that concerns me at present with regards staking is E. The dutching could get awkward if all I have to go on is the betting forecast. This has been known to be miles out But we will have see how it goes as I can't post any qualifiers as the racing happens due to work :(