PDA

View Full Version : Hysen football system

buckhysen
11th November 2003, 02:34
Just giving this football system a name for future posts.

Have had 6 out of 7 selections come in so far, and after talking to an old friend today who had a lot of success with a similar system a few years ago, I'm going to stick with this a while and see how it goes.

The only change I'm going to make so far (As I've said in another post) is to stick to European leagues I at least nknow a little about (England, Scotland, Spain, Italy, etc).

The friend I spoke to today said he also used to use away teams for his selections, following roughly the same form guide I've been using, but only selecting an away side if they were 12 places above the home side. So this is something I may bring into the system at a later date. (Depending on how many actually win).

There's no qualifying selections for midweek matches this week, so with Internationals at the weekend it looks like we'll have to wait for the weekend after for the next qualifyers.

Regards

Kev

buckhysen
14th November 2003, 18:06
Selections for Saturday (England)

Gillingham V Derby @ 4/7 Lost (I've listed this as it qualifies from the rules of this system... although I'm not confident with this one.)
Norwich v Watford @ 8/15 Lost
Bournemouth V Peterborough @ 8/13 Lost
Yeovil v Southend @ 1/2 Won

Conference
Telford v Leigh @ 4/6 Won

Scottish
Stirling Albion v Queens Park @ 4/9 Won

Regards

Kev

buckhysen
22nd November 2003, 10:36
Saturday's selections (England)

Manchester United v Blackburn @ 2/9 WON
Walsall V Crystal Palace @ 10/11 LOST
Wigan V Nottingham Forest @ 8/11 LOST (Just qualifies on form)
Wrexham V Wycombe @ 4/6 LOST (Just qualifies on form)
Lincoln V Bristol Rovers @ 4/6 WON
Oxford V Maccelsfield @ 4/9 WON

Regards

Kev