PDA

View Full Version : Nick A Few Points System

coolboy
16th March 2004, 20:20
1. Using the Daily Mirror (although any paper will probably do but I only make claims for the Mirror) list in time order all races with 7 or fewer runners up to a maximum of six races.

2. Note the first 3 in the betting in each of these races and list these runners in 3 columns against the times of your races, so that you in effect have a spreadsheet or table.

3. Begin with a bank of 200 pts but the most you will ever need on any day is 160 pts and stake 2pt, 2pt, 4pts, 8pts, 16pts & 32pts for your first 2 columns (Favs & 2nd Favs) and 1pt, 1pt, 2pts, 4pts, 8pts & 16pts for the 3rd (3rd Favs) column.

4. Stop betting and "Close down" a column after a winner, as long as that column is showing a profit. If you have 1 winning column that shows an overall profit after you account for losses in the other 2 columns, then stop betting for the day. Although often you will need 2 columns to win before you are actually showing an overall profit.

Here's an example from yesterday:

1st race 2:30 Plumpton

Fav 2pts win LOST -2 pts

2nd Fav 2pts win WON 5/1 +10pts

3rd Fav 1 pt win LOST -1pt

The overall profit on race 1 would be +10pt -2pt -1pt = +7pts.

As this made an overall profit once the losses from the 2 losing columns were subtracted from the column with the profit, then betting would end for the day. If though you wanted to carry on then column 2 (the 2nd Favs) would close down and you would only bet on column 1 (Favs) and column 3 (3rd Favs)

2nd race 2:50 Taunton

Fav 2pts win Won 9/4 +4.5pts

3rd Fav 1 pt win LOST -1pt

So now that 2 columns have won then the betting is ended for the day and started again tomorrow.................although in todays example I stopped after one race as that's all it took to show an overall profit.

Sometimes though it can take 2 winning columns before an overall profit is shown. An example of this would be if say the Fav won the first race at Evens and although you would be showing a +2pt profit in that column, you would have lost 2pts and 1 pt on the other 2 columns. You would then need another winner from either of the 2nd or 3rd Favs before showing an overall profit.

Here's another example:

Col 1 (Favs)

Lost -2, Won 2pts @ 7/4 = +3.5 -2 = +1.5pts (stop)

Col 2 (2nd Favs)

Won 2pts @ 2/1 = +4pts (stop)

Col 3 (3rd Favs)

Lost -1, Lost -1, -2 pts

So the overall profit would be the +1.5pts & +4pts won in columns 1 & 2, minus the -2 pts lost in column 3 making an overall total of +3.5pts on the day.

I suppose if there are any races left over on the same day then you could start all 3 columns again as yesterday gave another column 1 winner at 8/1 and a column 2 winner at 10/3. The downside is that if you don't show an overall profit then you would have to carry on betting at the increased staking on the following day's racing.

Although I state that 160 pts is the most you will ever need, that's assuming that you don't have any winners from the first 3 in the betting in all 6 races and that would be very unlikely in fields of 7 or fewer runners.

I aim to double the bank before then also doubling the staking for each column and this usually takes between 4-6 weeks.

All the best