PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Value

tezmac
5th April 2004, 07:32
A couple of questions i hope someone can answer,been up all night looking through old magizines and books and come across Advanced Value by Martin Benedict,i remeber i followed the methods for a couple of weeks but give up after a bad run of results,i would like to know if any one else brought the book and what kind of results they had.
All the best
Terry.

Win2Win
5th April 2004, 07:55
Never heard of it, but a system should be tested for at least 100 qualifiers, although 500 gives a more accurate picture.

Bad runs will always happen in any system/method betting, if you join as a member all 10 year results, and staking plans are shown in easy to use graphs so you can see the bad runs, how they effect overall performance, but how in the end the basic graph line is upwards regardless.

The whole picture depends on SR & average SP. If you have a SR of 20% then a losing run of 30 is not unknown, but you should be looking at double figure winners.

The higher the SR, the lower your average odds. A 50% SR with an average 5/4 is very good. That is a 25% ROI%, usually difficult to find at those high SR's.

Most Pro's who use systems look for between 15%-45%, although we do cover others if the ROI% is good.

tezmac
5th April 2004, 08:19
Thanks for the reply,there are 3 sytems in the book and you have to use the d.mirror and basically you are backing the sf,f,ew in certain races,will try and spend the day getting some results as i have some old d.mirror racing pages,will post later if any one interested.All the best Terry.

davefretwell
5th April 2004, 19:09
I would be interested in the results as I use the Mirror for one of my systems that I have just posted (Halfway House). One of the filters I am looking at uses SF, F, E.W. etc.

tezmac
5th April 2004, 22:54
Hi dave come up with some results that use the ew in the mirror not very good imafraid if you have the book its part b1 and b2 from feb28 00 to april7 01 there was 519 bets 46 wins profit to 1pt level stake -80.71,there was over 500 bets so the sample was big enough to prove that you would have made steady losses over the years.Hope this helps iam currently looking at ew in 8 rns races will post with the results soon.Any suggestion would be very welcomed.
All the best Terry.