PDA

View Full Version : Halfway House System

davefretwell
5th April 2004, 14:06
This was a system I looked at a couple of years ago that picked some very good winners and e.w. prices. I have know added a filter to try and whittle some of them down.
Is very simple and is best with The Daily Mirror betting forecast.
Rules.
Check how many runners in a race and half it to find betting forecast price. If an odd number of runners 'round up' i.e. 8 runners = 4/1, 17 runners = 9/1 if there is no 17/2 etc. 11 runners = 6/1 if there is no 11/2.
Find horse in forecast that is at the figure quoted, if none use next price up i.e. 8 runners = 4/1 if no 4/1 go to 9/2, 5/1, 11/2 etc.
Most of these will be decent priced e.w. bets.
I will try to put some selections up, even after the event as it is easy to back check using the Mirror or Racing Post.

MarcusMel
5th April 2004, 14:16
I thought of adding a filter of course/race track bias, i.e find the halfway horse and keep going up until you get to one that fits the race draw bias within 3 or 4 prices of the initial selection, otherwise void the race.

Still looking at this idea though.

bigcumba
5th April 2004, 18:34
Good to see the systems area more active again!

benoo5
5th April 2004, 23:21
dave,is this for all races....handicap/non handicap.....NH/ FLAT....etc...looks interesting,and similar to something i use once the flat season has settled...good luck with it,

ben.

davefretwell
6th April 2004, 00:06
Hi ben005,
yes for all races N/H & Flat.
I am working on a filter using a set of ratings from another site, it is looking very interesting.
I am checking to see if my halfway house selections are selected with the other
ratings (top, 2nd or 3rd) and if they are, do they come in.
Todays produce some very good results including virtually all the big priced winners and places being selected by both.
I will keep checking for a while and then see if I can mention the other site at some time, assuming the winners and places keep comming from both.
Will try to post the selections from the system on a daily basis with the ones on both highlighted.

MarcusMel
6th April 2004, 00:32
If the site is useful and free then posting the link is fine but don't tell anyone or they will try and sneak links in all over the place!!! - yours truely Mr Paranoid

GLENCROFT
20th October 2004, 10:01
Ive been using this system the last few days for placepots - came close yesterday with 5/6 at Bath and 5/6 at Wolves the other day but not won it yet.

GLENCROFT
1st November 2004, 13:33
Ive been using this since 7/10 - Jumps only - wins only - ignore 10/1 or higher

30 wins from 120 runs +56.50 points !