PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who likes the Stone Roses

John
3rd May 2004, 02:07
Ok... so they've split up, but that doesn't mean to say that The Clone Roses (tribute band) can't follow in their footsteps and make some absolutely amazing 'duplicates' of their songs...

Just returned from a place in Sheffield called The Boardwalk where they played, and it was as though I was watching the REAL Stone Roses (well, I had to pretend), but they were so alike!

Brilliant stuff, and everyone was dancing, myself included. :D

frontrunner
3rd May 2004, 20:55
Hello John :) ,

I've got 'THE STONE ROSES' album, there are some top songs on it. The first 3 tracks 'I wanna be adored' 'She bangs the drums' and of course 'Waterfall' are brilliant :drum1 . I hope they visit Bristol so I can go and watch them belt out the tracks I mentioned earlier.

Frontrunner
:spinning

John
4th May 2004, 03:35
Hi Frontrunner,

Yes they are absolutely brilliant, I couldn't agree more! I also like Love Spreads (amazing intro guitar riff) and Elephant Stone. I'm a huge fan of John Squire too (The Seahorses - know them?) and since the split of The Seahorses he's gone solo; I've just bought his latest album 'Marshall's House' which is good but could have been a little bit better.

Really for me it's the progression of people like the Beatles to the Stone Roses to Oasis, the way they act, the way they present themselves, all the music is influenced by the previous one down the line so to speak.

I've always admired John Squire, I had a look at some of his art prints but they're £200 a piece, gutted. :(

But overall I'm glad to have found a fellow Stone-Roser. :D