PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance,

sparkyminer
16th May 2004, 09:41
My renewal premium from Norwich Union Direct was 480 pounds, cheapest I could get elsewhere on the phone, 410 pounds, Tried t'internet, SAINSBURYS BANK, 343 pounds, and better excesses etc :) . Hope this helps. paid 350 last year (NUD), why has it gone up so much, I have had no claims or any alterations to my car, life, where I live, where the car is kept, who drives it, Oops p'haps I shpould have put this in the rant! ;fire ::swear

Win2Win
16th May 2004, 09:54
Blame it on the million+ uninsured drivers, and these people who claim whiplash after a fly has struck the windscreen. People don't seem to realise when they claim like this they are putting up their own premiums, and that of their family.

presto
16th May 2004, 22:42
think yourself lucky, as my first year driving (age 19):

ford fiesta 1.3L
N reg
3rd party only
low crime area
£400 excesses
car worth £1000

i rang 14+ insures was on the phone for hours, tried the internet etc.... my highest quote was.... get this..... £6,500 ::swear 6.5 X the cars value . and my lowest was £1700. after all this after a couple of hours cooling down i got a call off the cheapest one saying if i was married he could knock a bit of £££ off my quote, i said i was single - then he started asking about girlfriends etc... by this time i thaught he was either a wierdo or a wind up merchant. but he eventually got to the point and said, if you have been shagging a girl for 6+ months he can class it as common law marridge (i wasn't) but a flick through the old black book later i got £500 knocked off the quote, and a common law wife on my insurance document's. :rolleyes: ok £1200 is still a lot but £500 off for 6 month's of shaggin, got to be worth a try on future insurance.

bigcumba
16th May 2004, 22:48
The problem we have with any insurance is the old postcode thing. Our postcode starts BN1 - that's right in the centre of Brighton plus this stupid little bit that sticks out to where we live - 3 bloody miles from the town centre, almost into the South Downs. But because of our postcode we're classed as city centre and that means our premiums are probably at least 20% higher than they should be. :censored: Even the bloody dogs insurance is higher!

Win2Win
17th May 2004, 08:03
I use www.insure.co.uk and have done for 4 years. You also get your first years money back if no claimed for 5 years. So theoretically can reduce it by a further 25% a year.

No claims protection (can crash & still keep your no claims, cost an extra £50), 60% no claims, Class 13 4x4 Grand Vitara, full comp £450

Although I guess it would be 4X that at least in a city, as unless sheep learn to joyride it's safe here :)

Darrell66
19th May 2004, 21:59
Both me and my wifes car insurance went down by about £25 each this year, where with Lloyds Tsb who were considerably cheaper than the rest which really surprised me.

vegyjones
12th October 2004, 16:17
My renewal premium from Norwich Union Direct was 480 pounds, cheapest I could get elsewhere on the phone, 410 pounds, Tried t'internet, SAINSBURYS BANK, 343 pounds, and better excesses etc :) . Hope this helps. paid 350 last year (NUD), why has it gone up so much, I have had no claims or any alterations to my car, life, where I live, where the car is kept, who drives it, Oops p'haps I shpould have put this in the rant! ;fire ::swear

Calm Down Dear... It's only a commercial! :D