PDA

View Full Version : The Vegy and Merlin bestseller!

vegyjones
12th July 2004, 10:36
Trying these out for size... (WIN ONLY)

2-45 Ayr [1pt] PARTY PLOY WON @ 7/4
3-15 Ayr [1pt] AAHGOWANGOWAN LOST
4-45 Ayr [1pt] MENAI STRAIGHTS LOST
7-00 Win [1pt] INCURSION LOST
9-00 Win [2pt] WILLHECONQUERTOO LOST
special banker : TSAROXY... 2-15 Ayr [5pt] LOST

1 / 5
Strike Rate: 20 %
Profit Loss : 3.25 Pts
Special banker profit: [-5pt]

Merlin
13th July 2004, 13:03
ASTYANAX was the secret code-word that MR CLINTON used whenever he visited the apartment of his lover DELCIENNE, she was most certainly A WOMAN IN LOVE. However , his shrink, DR THONG had warned him about her estranged ex-lover, JACKIE KIELY, unwittingly that morning he was about to witness a TORRENT of emotion -

To be continued....

Hey Veggie, you have plagiarised my latest novel - see you in court....

vegyjones
13th July 2004, 20:06
Funny... I thought Dr Thong would have been a female,
but who am I to argue with this terrific storyline... still I shall put in the next installment... fell free to continue the story!!

... Mr Clinton went around to delcienne the next morning. "ASTYANAX, ASTYANAX" he shouted, but there was no answer. He pushed the door and it opened. The lock was broken... someone had forced their way in... BUT WHO?

He walked into the passage, it was dark. He tried the lightswitch but it wasn't working. He noticed glass on the floor. The he heard a noise, he turned around and...

TO BE CONTINUED!

Merlin
14th July 2004, 04:51
¨he turned around and¨... saw JONNY EBENEEZER frantically searching through the top drawer of DELCIENNES bedside cabinet. I remembered meeting Jonny at a party last christmas, he had told me he was a Glaswegian , but had lived here for some 10 years now, I remembered him joking that he was a SCOTTISH EXILE.

I later discovered that he was a member of the GIUNCHIGLIO gang - a mafia outfit from the west-side of town. I wondered what he was doing here, what he wanted, and where was Delcie ? What do the Giunchiglios want in BLAZING HILLS, a usually crime free, quiet surburban neighbourhood ?

My question was partly answered - ¨ VICARIO, I cant find her furking diary¨ he whispered...quickly countered by a half shriek ¨ got it, I got it¨.

I was hiding in the shadows of the dark passageway as they both hurriedly left the apartment through the unlocked door.

I regained some composure and walked slowly into the bedroom - half expecting to find Delcie lying there... On the floor was a smashed bottle of SPARKLING SPRING water, and a copy of the James Joyce classic ARABY, in some respects ,Araby was a story OF the disillussionment of love, some say a WISE TALE from a wise Dubliner, but love wasnt on my mind just now - it was....

To be continued...

Good Luck Veggie, dont you go worrying about old Delcie now....

vegyjones
14th July 2004, 09:00
episode 4

... it was finding DELCIENNE. Where could she be? I looked everywhere... under the bed, behind the curtains, in the wardrobe and in the jewellery box.
She wasn't there. Did JONNY EBENEEZER leave any clues.

Apparently so... on the floor near the end of the bed was a note...
"Find diary, conveniently leave note on floor and go to Hell Fire Ridge, a quiet suburban estate.

So there, I knew where my first stop had to be... that little McDonalds just off the highway and then to Hell Fire Ridge.

I need to be inconspicuous I said to myself as I jumped into my 32 tonne Truck. I rode off, getting a ticket off the traffic cops for having my Big mac in one hand while driving (bloody cops!), in search of DELCIENNE!...

To be continued

Merlin
15th July 2004, 03:11
...Hell Fire Ridge was about 6 miles north of BLAZING HILLS, and fortunately I knew the area quite well - in fact I used to attend the baptist church in ISA AF , a small rural community at the bottom of the valley, the minister had told me that ISA AF is Welsh for the lowest point - which figures, as the community was established about 240 years ago by some Welsh Baptists.

I felt that I was reaching my lowest point too, but I had to keep going for the sake of DELCIE. I drove down the highway, towards Hell Fire Ridge, when it occured to me that my old friend Richard Spencer lived nearby, I hadnt seen him for a few years, but, Richard, better known in these parts as DICKIE DEADEYE was a successfull racehorse trainer before being warned off , he allegedly operated a scam in cohorts with his stable jockey LEO BALLERO, whereby they somehow decieved the handicapper, they were long suspected of skulldugery, but were only caught when their filly SUALDA hacked up in a valuable handicap - it was discovered that stable money was on at prices exceeding 100/1 - the press said that was only the tip of the iceberg , so to speak - it was from that point both Dickie and Leo had found that their goose was cooked.

The porch was awash with potted plants, and oddly there was a half bucket of manure in the corner with a wooden sign protruding - carved in the wood were the words LARKYS LOB, I quickly realised that this was an anagram of York Balls, which reputedly was the name that the old bounder had given to the concoction that he used to give his handicappers.

I knocked on the big oak panelled door, which after a longish 2 to 3 minutes was opened by a ginger haired boy of about 17, he had an awkward appearance and a nervous twitch - every 3 seconds his shoulder would gyrate, ¨go,go,go,go,good evening¨ he said in a stuttering Yorkshire accent, ¨I,I,I ammm Y,Y,Y,Y, YOUNG MR GRACE, w, welcome to LARKYS n,n,n,n,LOB, tttttthe residence of Lord Sp,Sp,Sp,Spencer of Witthenthorp, please c.c.c.c.c.ccome in¨

I walked into the oak panelled passageway, and saw a labrador bounding towards me, I froze... I have had a fear of dogs since childhood. ¨ HERE TO ME¨bawled Young Grace, which to my relief was without the stutter but it stopped the canine dead in its tracks.

I was shown into an annexe, where I was immediately struck with the image of POLAR IMPACT, the stunning painting by the renowned Canadian wildlife artist , John Seerey-Lester, it dominated the wall facing me, beyond the annexe I saw Dickie, he was playing snooker, I hurriedly went to greet him, then my jaw dropped and I died a thousand deaths - when I realised that his playing partner was JONNY EBENEZER...

vegyjones
15th July 2004, 23:24
Maybe Vegy can make the system profitable with the profits from the book :)

Not much chance with that Keith! :D

EPISODE 6

... Why was Dickie playing snooker with a member of the Giunchiglio? I asked myself. I thought I'd better not mention why I am here in front of Johnny Ebeneezer. Was he thinking of getting back into the racing game and was their any relation to the disapperance of Delcienne. The curiosity was building up inside me... there were so many questions but I couldn't ask with Ebeneezer here.

I managed to find out through our conversation that Ebeneezer was staying here with Dickie. They told me that they were old friends but I wasn't sure about this. I had to find out why Eneneezer wanted Delcienne's diary. I had the added advantage that he obviously didn't recognise me. I made my excuses, saying that I needed to use the loo, but when I reached the top of the long spiral staircase... made amove for the spare room.

The was a bag on a cabinet. It was full, I unzipped it and there on the top was Delcienne's diary. I snatched it and put it in my back pocket. I knew that I had to quickly make my excuses and leave before Ebeneezer realised that the diary had gone.

I turned round to leave, but the door creaked and opened, there in front of me was...

To be continued...

Over to you Merl! :D

Merlin
16th July 2004, 07:21
I turned round to leave, but the door creaked and opened, there in front of me was...

The labrador, my heartbeat increased rapidly , the hairs on the back of my neck stood to attention, I could feel my courage draining away... I moved my right leg slowly in an attempt to move towards the door, as I did so I witnessed a full set of canine teeth and felt a gush of hot breath on my hand, less than 2 inches from my flesh was a chain saw. OH BOY, I am furked I thought to myself. I glanced around,to my left, on the cabinet, was a SWAGGER STICK, the type usually carried by Army Officers, I slowly reached for it with my left arm, picked it up, and raised it slowly above my head. ¨HERE TO ME¨ I looked up, and was met with a broad grin, ¨s,s,s,s sorry s,s,s,sir said YOUNG MR GRACE.

The dog had retreated down the passageway, as I explained to Young Grace, that I had been frightened and had attempted to hide in the bedroom. I walked down the spiral staircase and returned to the snooker room.

Still Johnny Walker Red is it old boy, said Dickie, ¨yes, just a small one¨ I replied. ¨I do enjoy relaxing with my friends, a game of billiards or two - cant beat it, this lovely house, all due to THE FRUIT OF GLORY you know - I adore winning¨. ¨There are no EMBER DAYS in this house¨ he said. ¨I agree there Richard , no evidence of fasting in that paunch of yours¨I replied jokingly.

Jonny came over, he had been pouring himself some generous shots of Red Label, must remind him of home I thought. ¨I have a wee cousin¨he said, DARA MAC, shes aboot ur age, shes kipping ere for a foo days, Ill introdooce yoos, she arreeves tommoroo. ¨That would be nice Jonny¨ , I lied. ¨Shes a tough cookie tho, but no doubt yous will get yer wee way with er..

I suddenly remembered that I had DELCIES diary in my back pocket, I drew my hand casually behind me, just to feel if it was still there - it was. I didnt want to be a CAUSE CELEBRE, and if the contents of my rear pocket was known I certainly would have been.

Dickie answered a call on his mobile, ¨HELLO ROBERTO how are you ?¨, he said in an unimaginitive tone. ¨No, he is here...... yes, he is still AWAKE.......thats asking to much.......... for Gods sake, thats a DOUBLE RANSOM................No, sorry Roberto, thats bloody impossible........KENS DREAMing, and you can damn well tell him that I said so....¨ Dickie disconnected the call, and walked towards the window.

He stared silently over the shoreline. To the left, the lighthouse beacon could be clearly seen, it had kept seafarers safe for decades, as they had sailed into PEARL OF YORK bay. Prior to that many had lost their lives attempting to bring contraband to the shores of this rugged coastline.

I remembered the holiday in North-Wales that DELCIE and I had taken just 4 months ago, we had crossed the MENAI STRAIGHTS into Anglessey, walked along the beach at midnight, holding hands, so free, so safe, so alive - just the two of us, alone with the SAND AND STARS. I recalled her running along the shore, so SYLPHIDE, as if floating in the air. So elegant - it was THE ACT OF THE PACE , by that I mean it was her movement and beauty which had made the moment so memorable and vivid, and now so precious, so very precious.

I could hear Jonny snoring, I looked across and saw that he was fast asleep in one of Richards spacious armchairs, with mouth wide open and nostrils vibrating . ¨Sam, come here a moment will you¨, said Richard, in a quiet, kind of brotherley tone.

I walked towards the window, looked at him, and thought that I saw a tear in his eye, I wanted to confront him with what I alredy knew, about DELCIE, the diary, Jonny Ebenezer, to ask him the things that I didnt know, the answers, the explanations.....and about DELCIE.....where was she, is she alive, what was his involvement, why, why, why ?

I sat in a crimson leather-backed chair beneath the window, Dickie sat opposite me. ¨It was six years ago , in December, Canalside Cup Day, do you remember Sam ? We had a bit of a do, my gelding CATCH THE PERK won the Novice Chase in the afternoon - we had a right old touch...Stewards called me in that day, wanted to know how the furk he got round - never mind winning it, they had a point mind, he had fallen in every hurdle race he ran in - never got further than the third, in two seasons ¨, he said chuckling.

¨Yes, I remember it well Richard¨I said. ¨You got pissed, told everyone that Perk was going to win the Gold Cup, and stripped off to God Save Our Gracious Queen.¨ ¨Yes, but you know how I was in them days Sam¨ He gave me a worrying look, and said, ¨I have a confession¨........

Good Luck Veggie, hope a few meetings are called off tommorow...

vegyjones
16th July 2004, 20:04
Congrats Merl... I have to admit, you are THE man!

EPISODE 8...

... "I have a confession"...
"I'm knee deep in it Sam." "Johnny Ebeneezer... he's not an old friend he's Mafia. They're called the Giunchiglio. They came to me to start a massive gambling racquet. There are a lot of people involved... things are going to get messy Sam! There's a big group race in France at the weekend Sam, but it's not the prize money that interests them. This horse that's involved, it's going to start at 3 figures Sam, and It's going to win... at a canter. They have a new undetectable steroid that they will inject into the horse to ensure that it wins. It's been specifically badly run recently to ensure that it starts at a big price."

I asked what his involvement was. I'm the one who has given the guarantees. I was the link between these mafia guys and the trainer. I've got everyone involved and taken a large slice of money. They are expecting a result on Saturday but the horse has developed a problem. A lot of money has gone on antepost and now everything could go belly up. Johnny has come around to give me a warning. I've got to get away Sam, but I've got no one I can trust Sam"

I told him that I'd try and help. I had to leave and make a few phone calls. I eventually arranged for a mate to put him up for a few days and returned to tell Dickie. As I drove up to the door I noticed that it was ajar. I went up and pushed it open. I moved into the passage. I looked left and then right... there was someone sitting in the chair in the lounge. I moved round. It was Dickie... but he was dead. Someone had shot him... must have been Ebeneezer. I nearly threw up... the sweat was pouring off me and my heart racing. I heard a noise on the landing. "DAMN!"

He's still here... I ran into the passage... looked up the stairs... big mistake,
there at the top of the stairs facing me was...

To be continued

Merlin
17th July 2004, 05:53
He's still here... I ran into the passage... looked up the stairs... big mistake,
there at the top of the stairs facing me was...

Jonny Ebenezer, his tall frame dominated the top landing, eyes bulging, hair disheveled, in a seemingly almighty rage, he shouted ¨ Clinton , I am going to furking kill you , you meddlesome ****… I was terrified, I wouldn’t have got very far if I had made a run for it, He would have caught me before I had reached the truck. I looked around me, my immediate surroundings offered no solution . I was faced with REALISM, the fact that I would soon die… The Glaswegian grunted , I yelled as loud as I could ¨HERE TO ME¨.... Jonny Ebenezer came tumbling down the stairs, landing in a heap at my feet, he was motionless, silent, there was no visual evidence of life or breath, I noticed blood trickling from his left ear, and seeing his face which had an agonized , tortured expression.

I returned to the lounge, looked at Dickie for a moment, fondly remembering the great friendship which we once shared, he was a scoundrel of the FIRST ORDER, a likeable character though, with many friends – and it would seem, enemies too. He had been born in a council house in Sheffield , his entrepreneurial skills were evident from the age of 11 , every Saturday morning he would sell PENNY PICTURES in the flea market, the afternoons would be spent at York racecourse, he had told me that before the age of 13 he had known the Knavesmire like the back of his hand, he used to get JIMMY BYRNE one of the stall handlers to place his bets on the tote – on one occasion he had 2 pound on a horse named HENESEYS LEG in the last – he had returned home wealthier by 238 pound.

On his 14th birthday his parents had been killed in a freak accident on the moors, he was adopted by his fathers 2nd aunt, and shipped to their residence in ZIET D'ALSACE , a very picturesque racing village in southern France. He was educated at a private Jesuit college there – later becoming expelled when they discovered his already written thesis advocating that Jesus Christ was a homosexual – always controversial, always challenging. with a great sense of humour and a CAUSTIC WIT to match.

I returned to the chair which I had sat in earlier, and started looking at the entries in DELCIES diary. I commenced with the current week, there was a scrawled penciled entry of the 21st, which read , bigcumba and Deadeye, underneath the words HAWAAJES and POLAR RED, in the top left hand corner was a number 232454 with an arrow pointing to the bicumba entry.

I had met DELCIE some 8 months ago, quite by chance really, she owned a bookstore downtown, which housed one of the best collections of rare books in the State. My interest is anthropology and I was searching for a rare work on a tribe from PAPUA New Guinea. She employs a retired librarian to manage it for her, and is consequently rarely there – I called in on one of those rare days, and we spent the following 4 days together – the attraction was instant, and mutual, I remember her first words to me, Love is Divine, Sex is Animalistic – the next 4 days I guess were Animalistic. We had met frequently since then , always in tryst though, on account of her pending divorce from a pharmaceutical millionaire.

I must have dropped off to sleep…..Upon waking the sun was streaming in through the window, impairing my vision as I stood up and walked towards the dining room table. I recalled the events of a few hours ago, and decided to take a risk,

I picked up the telephone and dialed 232454, an answer machine responded, which was quickly interrupted by a baritone like male voice, with a residual Scottish accent, Hello , Hell Fire Ridge 232454. Good evening, I am a friend of DELCIENNE , she may be in trouble and I am concerned for her safety, can I meet with you, I asked.

Who are you , he said. Just a concerned friend, I replied. I continued, listen , it is important that we meet, can we meet in Café DUBOIS, I asked. OK, he replied, I will be there in 1 hour.

At the side of the phone was a box of QUEDEX, I hadn’t realized that I had had an headache until I saw them – I took 2, and washed them down with SPARKLING SPRING water.

A FONTANESI caught my eye, it was hanging above the dining table, a majestic portrayal of a country scene by the 19th Century Impressionist. I fondly recalled that Dickie had liked this style of painting, and had built up an enviable collection, I wondered how much all his paintings were worth.

I took Dickies BMW and drove to DUBOIS. I walked into the Café, ordered a double espresso and sat near the window. There were 2 other seated customers, both middle aged ladies , they had chosen the table nearest the door – it was the table which I had wanted , in the event of me having to make a rapid departure. At that moment a tall male entered, he was about 40 years old, fat , hairy and ginger-bearded, he carried a copy of the local paper, which occurred to me could be concealing a gun.

He walked up to the counter and I heard him ordering coffee and croissants. I examined his newspaper , it was tucked under his left arm. The headlines were something to do with the local candidates for Mayoress, OLIVIA ROSE, her opponent LORIEN HILL had apparently been on the local television station decrying her new allegiance to social politics as nothing more than a PARTY PLOY.

He came and sat at my table, introduced himself as bigcumba, lit a cigarette and calmly said your Sam Clinton aren’t you. He didn’t wait for me to answer positive or otherwise – but continued to tell me that he was a Senior Biomedical Scientist employed in one of DELCIENNES estranged husbands laboratories, he continued that he had graduated from the University of Sussex in Art and GOLD HISTORY, and that chemistry was a second degree.

He said that he had first met DELCIE at a Classic Rock Concert in Brighton, and she had subsequently introduced him to her husband – I wondered if they had become lovers at some point, but recalled that DELCIE didn’t like hairy men. We were interrupted by the man behind the counter, he came to our table and whispered….
.....................................................................................................

Vegie, when this book is finished - we will sell the script as a word search for horses names......

vegyjones
17th July 2004, 23:47
EPISODE 10

...he came to our table and whispered...

..."You are not safe here... there are people following you, move quietly upstairs to my room, first left on the landing... I will be with you shortly."

It was all getting pretty hairy. We moved upstairs, a few minutes apart so that we didn't look suspicious.

I asked Bigcumba what his involvement was...

"I'm not involved in anything crooked Sam, in fact I am part of a secret government service... W2W. We need your help. Delcienne is a colleague of mine, and she has been kidnapped. I am not in a position to infiltrate the Giunchiglio. But Sam, you are. We have read up on you and we have decided that we need to trust you for the sake of Delcie. We'll provide younwith whatever you need, but we need you to play along.

Bigcumba went on to tell me what they wanted me to do. I was understandably nervous, and why should I help. The woman who I had loved for the last 8 months had turned out to be a secret agent. She didn't want me she was just using me for my connections. I put this to BigC.

"It may sound that way Sam, but believe me she did have feelings for you. She started this job for a reason, but found you on the way. I think that she was happy about that!"

I thought and thought. My mind was going crazy. This was much more than I could take. I didn't need to carry on thinking though, the door habdle turned.

We both drew a breath... it was the waiter.

"Who are you?" asked BigC.

"Someone who will have a big impact on your lives" He said. "A big impact indeed..."

To be continued...

Over to you Merl! :D

Merlin
18th July 2004, 07:22
"Someone who will have a big impact on your lives" He said. "A big impact indeed..."

I was in a state of bewilderment, I had been coming to DUBOIS regularly for about 3 years, and never before had I seen either the man behind the counter or the waiter who stood suspiciously in front of us.

¨My name is Silax, I want you to both wait here whilst I attend an urgent matter, when I return I will afford you both a safe passage out of here. ¨ I shouldn’t be more than 15 minutes¨. I started to ask a question , which he simply ignored, he walked slowly around the table, pausing directly behind me before continuing with the air of someone who is used to getting their own way – the sort of arrogance which is fostered by people who are accustomed to extraordinary power. Bigcumba looked as puzzled as I, he then walked through the half open door and closed it behind him.

I asked bigcumba where Delcie was, ¨I don’t know Sam, but I am pretty sure that she is still in Blazing Hills – somewhere. I told him about EBENEEZER and VICARIO at Delcies apartment, Ebeneezers demise and poor Dickies too. Bigcumba expressed a genuine regret towards Dickie, explaining that his greed had got the better of him, he further expanded that it was he who had arranged to provide Dickie with the presently undetectable concoction which was to be used in the French race. I had forgotten that he was a biomedical scientist with Jessop Industries – apparently part time… He explained that Dickie had a minor role to play in the overall scheme of things , and that the targets of W2W were much, much bigger , and that certain sacrifices had to be made in order to achieve the objectives.

He told me that Ebeneezer and GAROLSA (Vicarios surname) had for some time been the POWER UNIT for GIUNCHIGLIO in Blazing Hills, they had replaced MUSIMARO, a Japanese immigrant, who was also a member of Yakuza – the Japanese Mafia, they were on the verge of flooding the country with opiates, we had no choice, we had to take him out. We also took out his handler in Hong Kong, Rostomo mazimoto. who was better known as EMPEROR ROSS.

About 30 minutes had passed and there was no sign of Silax, I suggested that we venture downstairs – I assumed that bigcumba had a gun in his possession, he must have had access to my thoughts as he simultaneously lifted up his left trouser leg – revealing a silver pistol. ¨I will lead¨ he said , you follow slowly behind, stay within 2 arm lengths of me, OK¨. I nodded acceptance, as we slowly opened the door, firstly peering into the corridor before entering fully.

I had a feeling of immense agitation – my cognitive process was in disarray, but strangely , I inappropriately remembered an ex-girlfriend from university, Belinda, she was from Adelaide, and had the annoying habit of making this awfully irritating sound using her tongue and teeth, it was akin to the sound that kangaroos make , hence her nickname of MISS SKIPPY – it was an odd time to recall this, and I made a concerted effort to follow bigcumbas instructions.

We arrived safely at the bottom of the stairs, there was a double door system , bigcumba closed the stairwell door behind us and proceeded to secure it using his leather trouser belt, which hooked nicely onto the union flap of the window. He instructed me to remain there whilst he checked the Café area – I didn’t argue. but nervously waited for his return, periodically checking my watch , the café door opened and Bigcumba whispered that Silax had left the building.

We both entered the Café, which didn’t have a single customer, I took a look behind the counter to see the 2 female faces which I had become accustomed to seeing during my previous visits – there was no sign of Silax or the other male.

We walked out into the car park, and before getting into a flash nissan
Convertible Bigcumba handed me a piece of paper which had a phone number written on it… ¨call that number this evening¨, he said, ¨you will be speaking to LORD STRICKLAND¨.

I nervously got into my loaned BMW, and drove towards BLAZING HILLS, my apartment was on the east side of town, just a few blocks from Delcies bookstore. I turned the radio on in attempt to take my mind of the previous 24 hours. I recalled that I had Delcies diary and reached for my pocket, the diary wasnt there, I hurriedly pulled over, kept the engine running and searched all of my pockets. Damn it, I cursed. it wasnt there. I tried to recall when I had last looked at it - it was in Dickies, the bigcumba entry - I then remembered that Silax had walked around the table and had paused behind me in DUBOIS- at that moment he must have taken the diary from my jacket pocket , which was hanging off the back of my chair...after a blasphemous outburst I continued my journey home...

PS. Miss Skippy took a bit of working out (lol), good luck today Veggie.

Nice to know some of you are enjoying the story...

vegyjones
18th July 2004, 22:58
EPISODE 12

... after a blasphemous outburst, I continued my journey home...

I reached the driveway and slowly pulled my car in front of the garage door. I turned off the engine and got out. The house was in complete darkness, even the streetlight wasn't working. I walked briskly to the front door and searched my trouser pocket for the front door key. I put my key into the lock, but the door just pushed open. My heart jumped. How did they find where I live... was it a coincidence... who is doing this, and what do they want with me???

I made an instant decision... I couldn't run away from this. The inside of the house was black... so I slowly walked into the hallway. I tried the lightswitch on the wall, but just as I was expecting, it didn't work. The only light that I had to work with was the moonlight showing through the back window.

I moved into the kitchen. I stepped on some glass, the room had been wrecked. I grabbed a kitchen knife from the draw and made my way to the lounge. Again, it was a wreck, the TV smashed, the HiFi broken, the settee completely ripped to shreds. I began to get the impression that this wasn't just a burglary as I had hoped! Downstairs was empty so I slowly moved up the stairs.

The landing was empty so I moved into the main bedroom. The bed was overturned and the furniture mostly broken. I felt comfortable that the room was empty and made my way to the spare room ensuring the toilet and bathroom were clear on the way. They were.

I pushed open the door. I knelt down, my heart racing. I looked around but could see no one. I was about to stand, when the wardrobe door slowly opened. My heart jumped... I shoved the knife in front of me to hit out. But nothing. After a few seconds I moved around... but there was no one there, it was just the wind blowing in from the open window.

I just sat and cried, this was just all too much. What were these people looking for here, at my home. I had nothing, well, nothing that I knew about. I decided that I had to get away, gathered some clothes and drove to the nearest motel. I checked in and settled myself.

I grabbed the phone and rang the number in my back pocket BigC had given me!

"Hello" answered the other end.
" I am..." I began but was swiftly cut off.
"We know who you are Mister Clinton. Unfortunately we are in a very difficult situation and are forced to rely on you to help us. Listen carefully, I am going to tell you what we want you to do!...

To be continued...

Phew, Good luck Merl :D

Merlin
19th July 2004, 07:38
"Hello" answered the other end.
" I am..." I began but was swiftly cut off.
"We know who you are Mister Clinton. Unfortunately we are in a very difficult situation and are forced to rely on you to help us. Listen carefully, I am going to tell you what we want you to do!...
.........................................................................................................

I woke to the sound of the telephone ringing, reaching for the receiver, I was successful in toppling a glass, half full of whisky and ginger ale over the newly carpeted motel suite.

¨Hello¨ ¨Good morning Sir , your arranged morning call, it is 7..45, have a nice day Mr Sherman¨

I was about to address the caller and ask him who the hell is Mr Sherman , when I realized it was the name I had written on the motel registration card. I thanked him and hung-up.

I got up from bed and made my way to the bathroom, on the way I noticed that the newspaper I had ordered the previous evening had been slid under the door – I postponed my bathroom visit.

The headlines were uninteresting political issues, but on page 2 was a brief anonymous reference to the events at Larkys Lob, page 3 carried an Obituary…
..................................................................................................................
Obituaries

Lord Richard Spencer of Withenthorp

Wednesday, August 19th, 2003.

Blazing Hills - Memorial Mass for Lord Richard Spencer of Withenthorp, 79, of Blazing Hills will be at 3:30 p.m. today, at St. Mary's Catholic Church, 89 North Pier St. The Rev. James Harris will officiate.

Burial of remains will be at a later date in St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery. Snyder, Atwell and littlehope Funeral Home, 21 St. Andrews Crescent, are in charge of arrangements.

He died in tragic circumstances on Monday, August 17th 2003 at his home, Larkys Lob, Blazing Hills.

Lord Richard Spencer , affectionately known to family and friends as Dickie Deadeye was born on March 17th 1924 to Alfred and Margaret ( Reynolds) in Sheffield, England. He grew up in Sheffield, but due to the tragic death of both parents (at the age of 14), he was legally adopted by Baron and Baroness Mantonelli and lived with them in Ziet d'Alsace, France, He was educated at La Fleche, Jesuit College , and later Kings College London, graduating in 1947 (Theology). He entered the Military Academy at Sandhurst and received his Commission in 1949 – he served in Korea until 1953. He served one year (1954) in ZANJEER (India), 6 months(1955) in FUTOO (Japan) and 4 months (1955) in MASAFI (Arabian Gulf) on Diplomatic Service. He then returned to Middleham, England, and set himself up as a racehorse trainer.

He married Abigail Sanderson on July 2nd 1956, in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. They continued to live and train racehorses in Yorkshire, winning two Cheltenham Gold Cups (National Hunt) and one 1000 Guineas (Flat), after a short illness his wife died in 1980. He moved to PENRITH, England, where he continued to train racehorses until 1992. He moved south to Newmarket to train exclusively for an Arabian Gulf businessman and accepted a Peerage in the same year.

Lord Spencer settled in Blazing Hills in 1995, and in unclear circumstances he had his trainers license revoked in 1999. He was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church, Founder Member of Gamblers Anonymous, Member of Alcoholics Anonymous, Chairman of Blazing Hills Chamber of Commerce, Past President of The Trainers Federation and also a Past President of the Association of Shipping Agents and Chairman of Blazing Hills Fine Art and History Society. He was Treasurer of the FOLEY MILLENIUM foundation and a Fellow of The University of London, a published author and artist.

He is survived by his illegitimate son William Arthur Grace of Blazing Hills.

He was preceded in death by his wife, mother, father (both natural and adoptive), and paternal and maternal grandparents.
..................................................................................................................

I had to read it again to believe it,

¨He is survived by his illegitimate son William Arthur Grace of Blazing Hills¨.

I sat on the edge of the bed , momentarily stunned at this revelation, and wondering too if I ought to attend Dickies memorial service which was being held this afternoon, I decided to leave the decision until after breakfast. The bathroom postponement had to be attended to and I took a shower after ablutions.

Ham, eggs, toast and coffee had seemed to give me new optimism, renewed strength and courage, which most certainly helped in deciding to attend the mass this afternoon. But first I had promised something to Lord Strickland.

It was a short drive to Delcies bookstore, I decided to stop 2 streets before. I parked the BMW in Lodge Lane, and continued my journey on foot. It occurred to me that I would have to return Dickies car pretty soon – after all, he has a son and heir, the car now belonged to William Arthur Grace.

I reached the street corner where the bookstore was, and paused for a minute before continuing. When I got there I peered through the glazed door panels before entering….

Good luck today Veg...see ya later, Merl.

vegyjones
19th July 2004, 17:35
EPISODE 14

... I peered through the glazed door panels before entering...

Delcie's friend Martha was running the shop.
"Hi Martha" I said as I entered.
"Oh, Hi Sam" she replied. "Do you know what has happened to Delcie, I haven't heard from her in a few days!"
"Not really... Er, she had to go away for a couple of days... family business. She said she'd give you a call in a couple of days."
"Oh, okay. She's alright though?"
"Yeah" I said, not knowing whether I had convinced myself!

"Listen, could you take care of the store whilst she's away?" I asked
"Yeah sure... no probs Sam, tell her to take as much time as she needs, okay!"
"Thanks Martha... she'll appreciate that. I'm just going to use the toilet!"

I walked into the back. I had put Martha at ease... well, at least for a couple of days! I checked Delcie's door, it wasn't locked. I walked in and shut the door behind me. Now where could it be... it was here somewhere. I rummaged through her desk drawers but it wasn't there. The room was imaculate, there weren't many places that it could be. Then it dawned on me. The picture behind her desk... no it couldn't be, that only happens in the movies. I moved it to put my mind at rest, but astonishingly, there was a safe, and unlocked to boot. this all seemed just a little too convenient.

I looked inside and found it. A sealed package, just what Strickland had told me to look for. I'm supposed to deliver it to BigC later on today, but I think I'll check it out first... just so that I am kept in the picture myself. I decided that I'll go back to my motel and unwrap it there. I just wanted to get out of this place and be somewhere i felt safe, where nobody knew me!

I walked out of the shop and said goodbye to Martha. I noticed a speeding engine and looked left... a car.

I jumped out of the way as the car mounted the pavement and drove through where I had been standing. It was a Nissan convertible... almost identical to BigCumber's car that he had driven off in yesterday! I remembered because it was quite flash! I made a run around the corner to my BMW as fast as I could and sped off, but as I reached the highway, I noticed in my rear view mirror that fast approaching was THAT Nissan!...

To be continued...

Ooh , i'm very scared! Ooo

Merlin
20th July 2004, 04:34
I accelerated, but so did my pursuer, his rate of acceleration matched mine (assuming it’s a he, I couldn’t tell), I decelerated and without braking made for the slip road, I knew this town, and I was hoping that Mr or Mrs Nissan didn’t. Ahead of me was a busy junction, I ran the red light, kind of praying and with a momentarily closing of my eyes reached the other side in one piece, physically in one piece anyway.

My rear mirror showed me that my pursuer had attempted the same but had tagged the wall which ran across the junction on the north-side. This gave me a clear advantage , so I accelerated hard in an attempt to break visibly free, my speed was approaching 120mph, but my wing mirror indicated that my assailant remained in pursuit. I took my foot off the gas and used the handbrake to slow gradually, at the appropriate moment I veered sharply left and made a tire-screeching turn into the road which led back towards Sunset Hills, I side swiped the raillings , which ripped of my left fender, but was able to continue driving towards the mountains – one look in my mirror confirmed that I was still being chased, the cloud dusts were about 400 metres behind me. I was calculating a risk which would finally shake-off my nemesis.

I decelerated upon approaching a nasty hairpin , which when approaching was partly concealed, I navigated it perfectly as I had done hundreds of times, I glanced in the mirror to see that the Nissan had not negotiated the hazard so well – as it went crashing into the side of the hill. This confirmed that the driver was not a local or at least had little knowledge of these mountain roads.

If I needed to use it my calculated risk lay ahead, another look in the mirror confirmed that I did. I reached the spot and estimated that the Nissan was almost a minute behind me. I stopped and reversed into the lay-by which was well concealed by the overhanging cliff face.

I heard the car approaching , screeching- tires and brakes squealing , I quickly ran through my options – the Nissan catupulted around the bend, slammed into the crash barrier, rebounded , did a 360 degree turn before again hitting the crash barrier , finally coming to a halt, but with the off-side wheel hanging precariously over the cliff – I was about to prove to the occupants that the crash barrier was merely ornamental. I put the BMW into 1st and accelerated hard. I hit the Nissan side-on, ensuring that in about 10 seconds the car and its occupants would be lying at the bottom of the ravine. This was the first time that I had seen the car close-up and as it toppled in front of my eyes I knew that it was Bigcumbas car.

I felt exhausted, depressed, a kind of deflation, an anti-climax I suppose. I felt a sense of guilt in the final act of ramming – and in the almost certain knowledge that I had sent Bigcumba to his death. I didn’t smoke but knew that Dickie used to – I searched the glove compartment for a cigarette, finding a half packet of Marlboro, I lit-up, inhaled deeply, and felt the kind of rush that drug users experience when having a fix. I used to smoke – but had given it up some 10 years ago.

I had misjudged people before , but it hadn’t dawned on me that Bigcumba may become one of these errors in my assessment of my fellow man – on the contrary, I had wholeheartedly warmed to him, he had possessed a certain charisma, charm, he had projected an apparent, trust me, I am your friend persona – I had a deep feeling of disappointment, disillusionment, as if a trusted uncle had let me down.

Instability had been a constant in my family, and a specific, definite and concrete existence had been alien to me – even at the age of 36 I was insecure about most things – but oddly enough , recent events had given me a new impetus, I thought that subconsciously it was Delcie who was my driving force – or in the very least my hope…

I drove through WOODWIND DOWN listening to Ravels Bolero on Classic FM, trying to make sense of things, attempting to understand events , event by event, STAGE BY STAGE.

As I entered St Marys. The Reverend James Harris was reciting a Stanley Kunitz poem.

¨The way I look at it,
I'm passing through a phase:
gradually I'm changing to a word.
Whatever you choose to claim
of me is always yours;
nothing is truly mine except my name.
I only borrowed this dust.

I walked quietly towards the left lateral row of pews, made a clumsy attempt at genuflecting before entering the pew and stood next to a LADY with a bright RED NOSE she wore a silver brooch which was a sort of floral decoration, like an ANTHEMION , looked around to see if I recognized anyone , specifically looking for Dickies ******* son . There must have been close to around 100 people present, with no Sign of William. Most of those present I recognized as the influential, wealthy, and conservative citizens of Blazing Hills, the upstanding citizens the kind of people who believed that only the little people ought to pay taxes…

Gerald Long, sub-editor of the Tribune walked to the front, and said that he would like to say a few words in celebration of Dickies life.

¨Lord Richard Spencer known to most of us as Dickie Deadeye was a man who had lived a very eventful and full life – he was a man who had had an epicurean taste for lifes pleasures – but a man who was also a giver, not just a taker, a man who had possessed a steely determination, and was not over-concerned to avoid an argument. He was also a man who did not underestimate the worth of his own opinions………………….¨ he continued, ¨Dickie was survived by his son William¨.

At that point William Grace appeared from the vestry, and replaced Gerald Long at the lectern.

¨My father¨……………….He said. He hesitated, and I noticed is eyes were drawn to the entrance of the church, I turned round, there in front of the doors – but inside the church was SILAX.

He hadnt noticed me but was casting his eyes over the congregation. I didn’t really know what to do, I had been wrong about Bigcumba and I was even less sure of Silax.

I moved slowly and quietly towards the back of the church and headed for the reconciliation room which was located in a kind of annexe , I had been there before and knew that there was a door which led to the church grounds – I just hoped that it wasn’t locked.

I entered the room, and immediately felt safer, I allowed my metabolism to return to normal before continuing – I reached for the door handle and opened the door – standing in front of me was SILAX. He looked at me and smiled a wry smile and said, ¨MR CLINTON, there isn’t anything in this life which is free, we make choices and choose paths, and you are now about to bear the fruit of yours .¨

No time for philosophy I thought, I hadn’t had a physical fight since my schooldays – I guessed that I was about to update my curriculum vitae. SILAX was about the same build as me, it was my lack of experience which worried me more than anything else, I couldn’t see a weapon, but received an almighty punch just under my sternum, I doubled up, I could hardly breathe, I felt as if the contents of my stomach would gush out of my mouth, I looked up at Silax, ¨you’re an amateur Clinton¨ he said. I was regaining my breath, and had a rough idea where Silaxs face was, I secretly and tightly clenched my fist , simultaneously stood up bringing my fist with me – my hands must have traveled faster than my torso, because before I had fully stood up, Silax was lying on the floor, I must have caught him under the chin beautifully , I heard a voice shouting triumphantly ¨WAHOO SAM¨, I looked for the familiar voice and saw Bigcumba walking towards me – ¨what a punch that was, WAHOO¨ he repeated.

¨Sam, you reminded me there of THE LORD OF THE HILL¨

¨Who is the LORD OF THE HILL¨I asked.

¨The Pilgrims Progress Sam, The Lord of the Hill was a great warrior who fought with and had slain the one who had the power of death.
¨
¨I am no warrior BiGc, just a victim of love¨I replied.

........................................................................................................

SILAX ,if your reading this please accept my apologies - but you did hit me first....

vegyjones
20th July 2004, 22:38
EPISODE 16

"I am no warrior BigC, just a victim of love" I replied...

...We suddenly realised where we were!

A couple of people had heard the commotion and come to see what was going on!

BigC took them to one side, I don't know what he said but it worked... they just walked back to their seats and the service resumed.

"What do we do now" I asked.

BigC told me to grab Silax legs, he grabbed hijm by the shoulders and we proceeded to take him outside and put him into the boot of BigC's car...
now a very nice Mercedes. I had a lot of questions that I wanted to ask, but I had to recover first... I was still partially winded.

In the car, BigC told me that we were going back to my motel room. It didn't occur to me until after he had left that night that I hadn't told him I was staying in a motel! I asked what had happened to him.

"I was called back to Headquarters... I left my car where I'm staying as someone picked me up. When I returned this afternoon, it had disapperaed. I don't know who took it." I proceeded to tell him about the chase and the cliff incident. He said that he would try and use his contacts to find out who the driver was. I asked him how he knew that I was at the church. He told me that it was a purely a guess. He said that he knew about the memorial service and presumed that I would turn up being that I was a friend of Dickie's.

He said that he would stay with me that night just to make sure that I am safe. I agreed and he said we should get some sleep because we had a long day tomorrow. I decided that all the questions I wanted to ask could wait till the morning and drifted off into a deep sleep.

Upon waking I glanced at the clock. 6-23a.m I scrathed my head and looked around to see where BigC was. He wasn't there... the room was empty. I got up and pushed the curtain aside to see if he was outside. He wasn't and neither was his car... he had gone and taken Silax with him.

I was puzzled... but before I had time to think, the phone rang...

I picked up the receiver... "Hello"
" Hello Mr Clinton...

To be continued...

Merlin
21st July 2004, 05:14
I picked up the receiver... "Hello"

" Hello Mr Clinton
...................................................................................................

¨For such a small insignificant man your pugilistic repertoire is of the highest order – top drawer. However, you are in possession of something which I must have, this is not the end of the matter Mr Clinton, on the contrary – it has barely begun.¨ ¨ Its not the size of the wand, but the power of the magician that counts.¨I replied. I hung-up. Silax lives I thought.

I sat in an armchair – the typical mass produced motel type chair, where production and practicality overrode comfort. My thoughts turned to a what the hell is happening, what the hell do I do now mode.

I was in a PICKLE , should I just leave all of this, move away, disappear, returning to England was an option – after all it was my place of birth, where my roots were. I had no real ties in Blazing Hills, my apartment was rented, I had forged no deep or meaningful friendships here to speak of (save Delcie) , the more I pondered this the more attractive an option it seemed – considering the fact that my life now seemed to be in perpetual danger, was it all worth it, did I love Delcie enough, did she love me enough ? I lit-up a Marlboro, sat back in the chair enjoying the initial inhalations in solitude and silence…

I did love Delcie, I reminisced our meeting and subsequent trysts, our love had grown deeper, more meaningful in recent months, it had sprung out of lust, grown into love, and matured into a longing, a desire, a desire to be together forever, we shared a spirituality , a consensus, a consensus which almost made us twin-souls…

The thought of returning to England now seemed blasphemous , cowardly – and indisputedly impossible.

I remembered the package which I had retrieved from the safe in Delcies bookstore, Striclklands instructions were clear – ¨deliver the sealed package to Bigcumba¨ he had said. But Bigc had disappeared again. I went outside to the car and retrieved the package from the tyre well. Returned to the motel room locking the door behind me.

I carefully opened the jiffy envelope, and tipped the contents onto the bed. A key fob which held 3 keys , Delcies passport, $20,000 in used bank notes, an open bankers draft drawn on the account of her husbands pharmaceutical company, a copy of her last will and testament leaving her entire estate to me and an undisclosed other – equally divided. There was also some kind of scrawled verse, poem , something which made no sense at all to me. It sure was Delcies hand that wrote it though as I recognized the handwriting.

I AM SAID I me,

A ONE completely,

A SILVER MASCOT divine,

Something which is totally mine,

An intellectual PLOY,

Will not halt the joy,

A COMPTON PLUME to wear,

To share with the world,

I swear.

I poured myself a DOUBLE M (martini), and fondly remembered my mothers brother – UNCLE MAX, he was the one adult who had been a stabilizer , someone whom I could count on, turn to, someone I had looked up to during my childhood. Then as now, I gained strength and confidence through him – wisdom. courage and humility were his trademarks, he once said ¨Sam, when you were born you were born with a blank canvas, you are responsible for your own masterpiece, and whilst painting that masterpiece, never judge, never assume, never imitate, ensure that you end with something that was all your own work¨. Everyone called him JAYANJAY on account of his initials, Jules Jeremiah (Maxwell), but to me he will always be UNCLE MAX.

I returned the contents of the envelope and re-sealed the jiffy. I heard a car pulling up outside, I peered out the widow, I saw a fat, hairy, ginger-bearded man walking towards the door – I opened the door before Bigcumba had the chance to knock.

¨Hi Sam, did you sleep well ?¨ so, so,¨ I replied. He continued, The guy you shunted over the cliff yesterday was JACKIE KIELY, Delcies ex-boyfriend¨ (I remembered that DR THONG had warned me about him), it turns out that he was the WARDEN of a retirement COMPLEX right opposite where I had left my car¨ (I was trying to find meaning in coincidence).

I poured him a DOUBLE M, he took the glass smiling, ¨hows your Portuguese¨? he asked. He swallowed his drink, placed the glass on the table and walked towards the door, he turned and said ¨I will pick you up in an hour - we are going to Brazil¨

The only two things I knew about Brazil were that Brazilians were FOOTBALL CRAZY and liked to PARTY.

I AM painting my own canvass UNCLE MAX, producing my own masterpiece , I said aloud¨, and set about packing.
........................................................................................................

Hope you can Samba Mr Campbell Stewart...

vegyjones
21st July 2004, 09:58
EPISODE 18

I AM painting my own canvass UNCLE MAX, producing my own masterpiece , I said aloud¨, and set about packing…

The thought of going to Brazil thrilled me… but then a sudden realisation came to me… how did I know that I could trust BigC. After all, he had so far kept me in the dark. I didn’t know how Jackie Kiely had happened to get BigC’s car, how Silax had escaped from the boot of BigC’s new car, and I still wasn’t sure if BigC’s explanation over how he found me at the church satisfied me. Then I thought of the old catchphrase, “An enemy of My enemy is My Friend!” And from what I had seen so far BigC and Silax were not the best of buddies, and I was damn sure that Silax had it in for me!

I continued packing regardless, knowing that I had to trust BigC for now… simply for Delcie’s sake, but, that I would still have to watch my back… I wasn’t sure who I could trust!

BigC arrived an hour later in his Mercedes, spot on time as usual.
“Where have you been?” I asked, knowing that I probably wouldn’t get a straight answer.
“I have been sorting through a few things”. Look, we need to go now, are you ready?”
I nodded and we made our way to the car.
“I’ve just got to go and return the keys” I said, clutching my bag.
“Leave your stuff in the car” suggested BigC.
No way, I thought. The package was in there. I didn’t want to let on though, and asked if BigC would be kind enough to do the honours.
He duly obliged. No questions. Although I felt that I must have arouses his suspicion. We got in the car together and made our way to the airport.

“What happened to Silax?” I asked.
“You do ask a lot of questions,” he said with a grin!
“He phoned me this morning” I replied. Told me that he wasn’t finished with me!
“Look” BigC said firmly, “Silax is the least of our worries. I made sure that he was dealt with, spent the morning in the local jail… if you had checked the number; you would have probably seen that. I don’t need to dispose of Silax, that’s not what I’m about; I just needed to get him out of our hair for a few hours. He has no idea where we are going. He’s just small time… we’ve got bigger fish to worry about!”
Feeling happy with BigC’s explanation, I felt relaxed for the first time in a little while.

The atmosphere was pretty good in the car and on the plane between us. I really felt that we were bonding and began to feel that I could trust him.

We were approaching Rio, and the next few hours were very enlightening indeed…

To be continued…

Would this be the start of Chapter 2 then. :D

Merlin
23rd July 2004, 14:26
The usual monotone announcement was made ¨please put on your seat belts, we will be landing at Galeao airport, Rio in approximately 16 minutes¨. This was a great relief for me as for the past 4 hours I had endured Bigcumba farting on me, would have been fine if I had shared the Indian food fiesta he had enjoyed last night, but to only share the flatulent remains made me swear that I would pay him back some day…

We sailed through immigration without so much as a what is your business in Brazil type question – BigC said it was because we held British passports – if we had been American the story would have been quite different. Apparently there is some quid pro quo stuff with the yanks, notwithstanding a bit of a political and economic history between the two .

He related a story to me ¨there was a friend of mine who was in the service – CIA at that time I think – used his Anthropology Doctorate to get a Visa for the Amazon – ended up in the belly of a snake, it took 45 minutes for the reptile to fully ingest him – he was alive for 20 of those. The Brazilian Feds caught him collecting plant DNA , they bundled him into a jeep and dumped him in a place from where he would never see Washington DC again.

In the arrivals lounge we were met by a man who BigC introduced as John Hicks, or ¨Stereophonic¨ ¨due to the fact that he was a double agent back in the the Cold War days, two sources of information , through two different channels¨ he said knowingly .¨Although now retired the name had stuck, he now owns a pogo-stick factory in Sao Paulo – the Brazilian rich kids are crazy for them.¨

Stereophonic gave my hand a conservative shake but greeted BigC with a great enthusiasm, attempting a bear hug , which looked silly and hopeless around his 46 inch waist.

John was a thin althletic looking guy and spoke with an RP (Received Pronunciation) English Accent , which signified that he had either been public school educated, or been subjected to years of elocution classes, he had learned to say ¨troo¨ (true) class as ¨TREW CLASS¨. This type of accent is perceived as exlusive or THE PEAK OF PERFECTION regarding the language – despite being the minority – by a long way.

John took us to a waiting car, he said he would meet us for dinner at 8.00pm ,¨dont unpack, because early tomorrow you will be flying to the north east of the country¨.

Our driver , ALFRIDINI FORZEEN, or Alfie as he preferred to be called, told us proudly that he was Communist , a founder member of the Communist party in Brazil . ¨These days I can wear my badge with pride, but back in the 60s and 70s we had to work underground, in fear of the military dictatorship¨. He gave us a card and said . ¨ heres my number if you want anything in Brazil you call me – if I am not there just leave a message for RED ROMEO he said with a grin. A hot and sticky 40 minute drive saw us pulling up outside Hotel MALUTI.

¨May the DIVINE SPIRIT be with you guys¨ he said as he pulled off, and I remember thinking that communists don’t believe in the divine.

My awareness of the heat grew, it was stifling hot, the perspiration was dripping of BigC – is face was as red as a pepper.

We registered and were then taken to a double room on the 2nd floor, a spacious suite with a lounge and two bathrooms – the furnishings and décor were exquisite, BigC was having a good look round , checking lights, picture frames, hardly anything escaped his attention, ¨ what are you doing¨ I asked, looking for bugs Sam, looking for Bugs. ¨Bugs I said,¨ ¨ yes , you know microphones, transmitters,¨ ¨oh¨, I replied and realized that it had been a long day.

I stretched out on the bed and immediately felt myself drifting of to sleep, thinking about Delcie….

I awoke in a state of confusion , I had dreamt about the time I was in Dickies , the time by the window, we were discussing his time in France, his teen years in ZIET D ALSACE, about his life of luxury and pleasure, ¨no EMBER DAYS in this house¨ , he had said – but strangely, in my dream , it wasn’t Jonny Ebenezer who had shot him , but JACKIE KIELY. a Freudian explanation of absolving myself from his murder I told myself.
I then remembered Willliam, I had intended to see him before I left Blazing Hills, not only to return Dickies car, but to see the boy, to check he was alright, to offer my help and friendship.

I got up from bed, there was no sign of BigC, I looked for a note , message – I couldn’t see anything, Just then I heard a commotion through the open window, then a gunshot ! followed by an agitated male voice ¨get in the furking car cumba - NOW !

I looked out into the street to see BigC being bundled into a black chevrolet at gunpoint, the car sped off down the main avenue, great I thought, first Delcie now BigC, what the hell am I going to do. I remembered the card that Alfie had given me, I picked up the phone and dialed the number, there was no ring tone, I tried again, still nothing. ¨Damn ! I left the room , took the lift to the reception area, ¨Sir, Mr Clinton, Sir, there is a message for you¨ The porter handed me a handwritten message, it read –

……………………………………………
Hi Sam,

Proceed with care, and remember what I have asked you to do.

I can confirm that D is alive, and if you need any help Red Romeo is your man.

Good luck,

Strickland.
……………………………………………….

I returned to the room, poured myself a whiskey walked over to the window, and looked again down into the street, there wasn’t much of a view whichever way I looked , I was surrounded by SKYscrapers, my QUEST was now two-fold I thought, Delcie, my love, and BigC, my friend.
...................................................................................................................

Installments will be short and sweet over the weekend Veg, soooooooooo busy....

Good Luck today,

Merl.

vegyjones
23rd July 2004, 17:34
EPISODE 18 (I think :doh )

Now what am I to do? I pondered.
I was in a strange place, no money, no BigC, no idea
of what to do next. I couldn't even speak Poruguese or Spanish.
I wandered back down to the reception.

"Excuse me" I said to the concierge.
"I've got this number... but when I dial it, there is no ring tone!"

"Ah Sir" said the man, with rather well spoken English
"The reason that this number does not work is because there is a number missing."
"Is there any way I can find the missing number" I asked.
"I will try and find for you sir" he replied... "please help yourself to the bar"
"But I have no money"
"That is not a problem sir" said the man and he nodded to the waiter behind the bar on the other side of the hall.
I went and sat down and ordered a drink. The waiter obviously didn't speak as much English as the concierge, he didn't talk to me at all.
I was sitting at the bar for a good 45 minutes and began to get a bit restless, I got up and was about to walk outside to stretch my legs when the concierge came over and caught my attention.

"Excuse me sir" he said in a very endeering tone, "I have been asking around and it is with great sorry, that I have to say that no one recognises this person or the number on the card. If there is anything else we can do for you sir, please just ask"

With that, I thanked him and went back upstairs to my room. I thought about my predicament and then about this Alfie fellow. I couldn't work it out. It was hopeless.

Just then, there was a bang on the door. Not the sound the staff would make, but a very angry sounding bang.

I shouted through the door, "Who is it?"
There was no answer.
"Who's there!" I said, the panic completely visible in my voice.
Still no answer.

Then I heard the lock being tampered with...
I started to have heart palpatations.
I considered jumping through the window... but I was no James Bond.
It was too late anyway.
The door slowly swung open and their facing me was...

To be continued... :wink

Merlin
24th July 2004, 06:14
Will post the next installment, chapter, scene, whatever later, but whos facing Sam in the doorway Veg (or anyone else)....

Heres the book -

Would have set up a poll (just for fun of course), but havent for 2 reasons - not sure how to do it and just about ready for bed....

...............................................................................................

SILAX 10/1
RED ROMEO 4/1
GIUNCHIGLIO 40/1
VICARIO 25/1
YOUNG MR GRACE 33/1
BIGCUMBA 8/1
JOHN ¨STEREOPHONIC¨ HICKS 7/2
DELCIE 33/1
LORD STRICKLAND 66/1
DELCIES HUSBAND 66/1
MARTHA 100/1
THE LABRADOR No Offers
NEW CHARACTER 12/1

Good Luck today, Merl.

Merlin
25th July 2004, 06:17
Then I heard the lock being tampered with...
I started to have heart palpatations.
I considered jumping through the window... but I was no James Bond.
It was too late anyway.
The door slowly swung open and their facing me was...
...............................................................................................

Stereophonic….He held a pistol in his raised left hand, on seeing me thankfully lowered it, and to my relief replaced it in its holster which hung on a waistband which was hidden by his baggy silk shirt.

¨Grab what you need Sam, we have to get out of here – NOW¨! I asked no questions, and hurriedly collected my things, ¨what about Bigcumbas I asked , I will take them , you just concentrate on yours – be quick, we have to move - fast.

I of course felt very nervous, scared even – but at the same time excited, I could almost feel the adrenelin surging through my veins. Come on, come on, said John frantically –

I followed him through some double doors which led to a rather dingy unswept stairwell. We reached the bottom and ran out into a courtyard – it was in a quadrant bordered by what looked like the hotel kitchens.

¨Quickly Sam, get in¨ he said as he lifted the lid of a large wheely bin ,

¨what¨! I said aghast,

¨just furking get in¨, he ordered.

I climbed into the bin, immediately feeling as if I was about to throw-up, John quickly followed almost landing on top of me, he peered over the top of the bin, put two fingers to his mouth and whistled a piercing 3 second shrill, he lowered the lid leaving us in complete darkness.

The stench inside was nauseating , John , I am going to puke I said nervously, don’t you dare Sam – ¨I¨ll furking kill you¨ he said , half meaning it.

I put one hand to my mouth and the other I used to pinch my nostrils together – each time I felt the vomit surfacing towards my throat , I swallowed , and returned it to my stomach. I tried to focus, straining my eyes to see, it was hopeless, there wasn’t anything to see – except complete darkness. I thought it must be a living hell to be completely blind, although I suppose you get used to relying on your other senses .

I let out a yell, as I felt something crawling in my hair and over my hand ¨

Shhhh¨, said John impatiently.

¨There are spiders crawling over me¨ , I cried,

¨their not spiders, their cockroaches¨ , ¨they wont harm you¨ he said sharply.

We started moving, and John give me a poke in the ribs, which I knew signified , shut-up.

It was incredibly hot inside our unusual mode of transport, and I was beginning to gasp for air – I was afraid to take my hand off my mouth and nose though in fear of a cockroach crawling inside my body, irrational I suppose, but real to me.

Suddenly I tumbled sideways colliding with Johns head, we seemed to be going up a gradient – I tried to listen for external sounds, but heard nothing.

We had come to a halt, and I heard some muffled voices, but was unable to make out what was being said, then what sounded like the engine of a truck being started, a rocking movement of the wheely bin confirmed this.

We were transported for what seemed like more than 30 minutes, although I had no real way of knowing. The engine stopped and we appeared to be stationary again, , a burst of light started filling our world , I looked up to see the grinning face of ALFRIDINI, alias RED ROMEO.

We clambered out and I immediately threw–up to the amusement of both John and Alfie. Come on Mr Sam said Alfie amusingly, I got a car waiting for you.

John and I got into the back of the Chrevolet . We are flying north east in a couple hours Sam, but first we have to rescue Bigcumba. ¨You still want in¨, he asked flatly,

¨into what¨ I questioned ,

¨Ok, I ll put it another way – do you love Delcie¨ ?

¨Of course¨, I replied truthfully,

¨well I guess your in then¨ , he replied.

¨Sam , your in this for love, Bigcumbas in it for duty, Alfie is in it for the love of mankind – and I am in it for the money.¨

¨ We all have our reasons, different , but paradoxically the same¨. He continued, ¨the mountain we have to climb is as big as EVEREST , a difficulty of THE FIRST ORDER I hope we make it, for all our sakes.¨

Alfie turned on the radio to Bob Dylans metaphoric MR TAMBOURINE MAN and I found myself humming along with the Byrds – thinking that Red Romeo was a WELCOME STRANGER, he interrupted my thoughts and said that he was taking us to his house for a clean up and something to eat.

We walked into a small, simple looking house which was washed with a bright yellow emulsion, had a red terracotta roof, and a half stable door at the entrance. As we Walked through the passage I noticed the painting ¨Spring¨by the 19th Century Italian artist Frederic SOULACROIX, and wondered about Alfies Italian connections, if any – but with a name like ALFRIDINI FORZEEN there must be some I thought.

There were TWO places set at the TABLE(AU), Alfie said ¨John, Sam, eat first. shower later¨… I didn’t argue I was famished – hadn’t eaten since arriving in Brazil, I sat on the chair nearest the electric FAN which gave a welcome remit from the stifling heat.

...............................................................................................................

Good Luck Mr Vegetable Jones - Merl.

vegyjones
26th July 2004, 00:02
a welcome remit from the stifling heat...

EPISODE 20

We ate and then refreshed ourselves. I came downstairs looking a lot better then when I arrived, and smelling a lot better I might add.

John was already there, talking to Alf.
"Hey Sam", John greeted me, "feeling better"
"Hell yeah", I replied. "I think I needed that"
"Do you want to know what's going on?" asked Alfridini.
"I wouldn't mind"
"Well" began John, "We have intelligence that John is being held in a city called Natal. Now we are flying in about half an hour, but we need you to know what to expect"
"Okay" I replied, still not quite sure what I was letting myself in for.
Alf came forward and out of his pocket, pulled a gun. I stepped back and immediately looked at John.
"It's okay" said John. "We just want to be prepared for any outcome. We may be seperated Sam, and if that happens you may become more important to all of us than you already are. We don't wnat you to be defenceless, so take the gun, and if you ever lose contact with us, it is for your own protection."
I was about to tell him that I had never used a gun before. Then I hesitated, thinking that I wouldn't need to use it, so it didn't really matter".

Then another question popped into my head...
"How are we going to get on a plane, we've gort guns... we'll be searched!"

John smiled wryly.
"We're not travelling by an airline Sam, we have a private plane"
and with that we walked out of the back door, and there... in front of me was a small private passenger plane. I didn't have long enough to be amazed, I was briefed on what to expect on arrival and within 20 minutes, we were up in the air!

I didn't know what to expect for certain... but I hoped to hell that Delcie, BigC, John and I would all make it back to England in one piece!

To be continued...

Merlin
28th July 2004, 06:22
we were up in the air!

I didn't know what to expect for certain... but I hoped to hell that Delcie, BigC, John and I would all make it back to England in one piece!
...................................................................................................................

Our pilot was a woman – about 30, with long wavy red shoulder length hair . very attractive – with a gorgeous smile, her shade of lipstick complimented her hair colour, and enhanced the shape of her well formed lips, the lipstick was perfectly applied – not a smudge in sight. She wore a black and orange jump suit, which looked as if it may have to be peeled off – emphasizing the superlative curvature of her slender body…

John was already smitten – his attention and manner very quickly turned fully to our pilot, who I think was accustomed to this sort of thing – nevertheless she proceeded to tease and humour him, and seductively and suggestively brushed imaginary fluff from his shirt collar, and eloquently straightened his tie. John was almost frothing at the mouth , and rather than reveal the physical embarrassing fact that he was pleased to see her, he chose to sit down directly behind her, so as to hide the erection in his pants. She swung her head round to reveal a glint in her green eyes that perhaps meant that she wasn’t teasing him after all – I knew first hand what instant attraction was all about.

I thought of Delcie, but was immediately brought into the present ¨put this on Sam¨, said Alfie unemotionally. ¨theres one for you too John¨ I looked at the black padded bullet proof vest I had just been given – and wondered how on earth this garment could halt the violence and ferocity of a piece of lead which intended ripping my lungs apart.

Our pilot formally introduced herself as Samantha. Her family she had said first came to Brazil in 1644 , an English woman and a Portuguese Jew had fled the inquisition in Lisbon , took shelter and lived in Amsterdam before sailing to Brazil with the Dutch West Indies Company. First settling in the sugar state of Pernambuco but the 3rd generation had moved south to Rio de Janeiro, establishing a private merchant bank there.

Our aircraft was a Cessna 550, adapted with ample space which allowed us to move around relatively freely, Alfie and I moved to the passenger cabins leaving John alone with our pilot – he was obviously smitten, I remember thinking that I hope he doesn’t bore her with updates on the pogo stick industry – but no man is that dull – surely.
Evidently not, as we could hear roaring laughter from the cockpit , followed by periodic giggling.

Alfie told me that our destination was the city of Natal, but we first had to stop in Olinda, which was a town of about 250,000 – just north of the capital of Pernambuco, Recife. He went on to say that a subsidiary of one of Delcies husbands pharmaceutical companies had their headquarters there – and was where BigC was being held. ¨I ¨ll tell you Sammy boy , if we don’t get the Big-Cucumber out of there before tomorrow morning he will be brown bread for sure.¨

¨Where is Delcie being held¨I asked hopefully,

¨Only two people know about Delcies whereabouts , one of them is dead and the other, we don’t know where he is at this moment¨he said resignedly.

Who are these two people I asked¨ , hoping for a straight answer.

Your old friend Dickie Deadeye knew where she was – he was about to tell us before he was sent to his maker – the other is the demented ex-chief chemist of Pelzer Pharmaceutical Industries – Silax.

¨Who is Silax¨ I asked inquisitively.

¨Well, he was the Chief Chemist at Pelzer until he got involved with some Hare Krisna outfit from the West Coast - ended up a right weirdo, not even believing in his own science anymore - and trying to destroy those that did.¨

¨His guru was a guy called MOTI - they found him hanging from the alter in the temple - very suspicious - but the official verdict was suicide. ¨

After that Silax lost even more of his marbles, and tried to get his old job back - course, Pelzer couldnt take him back, and ever since he has been running round the place like a screaming banshee, stalking everbody who he thinks is affecting his Karma.

I felt annoyed, frustrated and confused but most of all regretted not asking Dickie straight out – I had a sure feeling that he knew more than he had let on, and cursed the moment I had left him alone in the house with Jonny Ebenezer.

I laid back on the reclining double seats, placed a pillow under my head, and thought illogically of recent events – about our SUDDEN FLIGHT to Brazil, the REALISM which I had been thrown into, the letter I was going to write to Lord Strickland, I had already planned it, DEAR SIR………

I was awoken by John shaking my shoulders, ¨Sam, Sam, come on wake up, prepare yourself¨ he said with urgency.

¨We are landing in the grounds of an old DIAMOND LODGE, we will be there in 10 minutes¨.

I sat up, Alfie handed me a bottle of MASAFI SPARKLING SPRING water - ¨do you want ice John¨he asked warmly,

¨no thanks¨I replied quietly.

¨You need to drink that water Sam – you will dehydrate pretty fast here, I have been all around the world fighting the cause, Terhan, Tripoli, Addis Abbaba, PENSHIR, Havana, but you can dehydrate here faster than all them other places.¨

¨OK guys¨ shouted Samantha , ¨seat belts on , hold tight we are about to land¨.

..............................................................................................................

To be continued ....

vegyjones
28th July 2004, 10:51
¨seat belts on , hold tight we are about to land¨.

EPISODE 22

The plane came in to land, I could feel the water I had just taken about to regurgitate but managed to keep it down. I was holding onto the sides of the seat for dear life. We slowly came to a halt, and I let out a deep sigh of relief.

We all got out of the plane, and when I thought we were going to leave Sam, John informed us that she was going to accompany us to our destination. I felt uneasy and had to interrupt.

"Are you sure that it is safe to bring her along?"

They all giggled at my question.

"Sam", replied John, "Sam is our Brazilian source. She has more experience then me." I felt confused and still a bit uneasy about having a lady with us when we knew we might be faced with danger.

At the airport, a black Mercedes with darkened windows was waiting for us. Alfridini got into the drivers seat. Sam said a few words to the man who was waiting with the car and he departed in the opposite direction. Sam got into the passengers seat while me and John got into the back!

After a half-hour drive, we had arrived at the building where BigC was being held. The building was located in a sort of industrial estate. It was very quiet and looked deserted. A rectangular building, very isolated, with walls at least 200ft high. There was a door, but it didn't look open. John went over and turned the handle... it opened, darkness poured out from inside.

John called us over and told us that we should stay close together.
Upon moving inside, our eyes became more accustomed to the dark, but there was nothing to see... It was a huge room. An open archway to our left, a closed door to our right, but the room was empty.

Just then, The door behind us shut closed. We turned around, but there was no one there. Sweat dripped off my head onto my arm.

"Hello"

Said a voice. A figure of a man could be made out coming through the open archway!

John drew his gun!...

To be continued...

Merlin
28th July 2004, 14:35
Great Veg, one thing though - do you realise how high a 200 foot wall would be... :yikes:

vegyjones
28th July 2004, 22:09
Er... Very big! :D

Merlin
29th July 2004, 05:25
"Hello"

Said a voice. A figure of a man could be made out coming through the open archway!

John drew his gun!...
..........................................................................................................

¨Now Johnny boy put that little toy of yours away will you…¨ ¨If you care to raise your head you will see your fellow Angel of Mercy BigCumber¨ Do you notice anything different about him ?

¨No John ¨,

¨ he is not operating the crane, he is suspended from it – can you see him now¨ ?

I looked above my head in agitated terror, BigC was bound around the neck, tied to the end of the crane jib , both his feet were resting on a stanchion – it was clear, as soon as the jib was moved , BigC would be dangling, hanging in mid-air, turning blue.
The would be executioner had a hand-held control box in his right hand, it was fixed to a length of cable which traveled up to the gantry above our heads.

An accomplice appeared from the shadows of the arch – with a pistol directed at John. ¨Lay on the floor¨ he barked ¨all of you , face down on the floor now, OR BigCumber will be swinging for England¨ he said aggressively and meaning it.
John and Sam both went to ground , face down, ¨and you moron¨ he said condescendingly.

He must have been referring to me because for the first time I had realized that Alfie wasn’t to be seen – He put the pistol to my head, and started to depress the trigger, face down on the ground pillock – NOW !!! he roared.

I think I almost slid to the floor, because I couldn’t feel my legs.
¨Arms outstretched¨ he yelled, and demonstrated what he meant by physically spreadeagling Sams arms so that she now resembled a crucifix lying face down on the floor.

John had already assumed the position and I very quickly followed suit.
The guy holding the gantry controls lit a cigarette and scowled at his accomplice ¨come on for fooks sake, do the business. ¨

I closed my eyes and silently prayed, expecting a bullet in my head at any moment. I had enough time to silently recite the Lords prayer, and think about and say a spiritual goodbye to Delcie.

It was a kind of relief to hear a mechanical whir, I glanced across to see that Sam had a rope tied around her neck, her arms were bound behind her back , but still lying face down – being lowered from above was a length of chain with a big S-hook on the end of it.

The rope around Sams neck was looped at the end and placed on the S-hook. The chain then started to ascend until almost no slack remained on the rope around Sams neck…

The same procedure was followed for John – I knew that I was next, I absurdly remembered reading somewhere that when a man hangs he ejaculates too

¨ – my thoughts were interrupted by a gunshot, the guy holding the gantry control slumped to the floor, the hangman was shocked and caught surprisingly off-guard, he fired what seemed like random shots into the darkness, but perhaps he could see something or someone that I couldn’t, he was hit by a bullet, I knew he had been hit by the way he was unsteady on his feet, I could see a pool of blood gathering beside my head – almost smell it, he managed to fire another shot before he finally hit the ground.

I looked around to see Alfie on the ground – he wasn’t dead but in severe pain and bleeding profusely from around his pelvis area. He was trying to speak, but could not, I took of my shirt and made a useless attempt at trying to stem the blood flow.
John shouted, ¨Sam for ****sake set us free – unhook us¨ I ran over to John and lifted his body weight off the floor and easily unhooked the rope from the S-hook. John did the same for Samantha.

I looked briefly above my head, Bigc was still up there,2 inches from his orgasm.
I returned to Alfie, he was in a bad way, could hardly talk, seemed delirious. ¨Give me absolution father, give me absolution. His eyes were wide open but it was as if he couldn’t see, he repeated again ¨my mortal sins father , please release me from my mortal sins….

John and I witnessed Alfies words, Samantha had gone to release BigC.
¨Absolve me please¨ said Alfie, in an almost pathetic whisper. I turned to John and said ¨ He thinks I am a priest¨he wants me to give him his last rites¨

¨Do you know what to do and say¨said John flatly. ¨Well, yes I think so, I am Catholic, and have been present at the anointing of the sick before, but I haven’t got the authority to do it – don’t even know if I will be committing a sin that maybe forgiven if I did do it¨

¨I confess that I have killed, I ask for pardon from my mortal sins¨ ¨I beg you…… I beg you…….¨ Father, father, say the words, please. Please absolve me……

He was almost frantic with his repeated plea, I couldn’t really see what harm it would do – I could always square it up with the priest later, the Bishop even. I couldn’t deny Alfie the comfort and right to die in peace…..

With my index finger I made a small cross on Alfies forehead…

¨Misereatur tui omnipotens Deus, et dimissis peccatis tuis, perducat te ad vitam aeternam. Amen¨

May almighty God have mercy upon you, forgive you your sins, and bring you to everlasting life.

¨Dominus noster Jesus Christus te absolvat.....Amen.

Our Lord Jesus Christ absolves you.

¨Ego te absolve ab omnibus censures, et peccatis tuis, in nomini Patris et Fili et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.¨

I made the sign of the cross over him, and as I did so he seemed to pass away – smiling….

I had according to Catholic Scripture absolved him of blame for his mortal sins – wether it was valid or not was another matter… I thought of the fact that he was a communist, had said he had been for all of his adult life. Life is full of contradictions I thought – and remembered that Karl Marx had said that ¨religion was the opium of the people¨ Well I guess Alfie had just had his petal of poppy.

I hadn’t noticed Samantha and Bigc standing behind me, they stood silently, head bowed, Samantha was crying softly, John put his arm around her and they hugged, and stayed that way for over a minute.

BigC, put his arm around me, and said ¨that was a beautiful thing Sam what you just done for Alf,¨ his expression , his face, his attitude to death was peace, thanks to you¨.

I asked him if he was OK, he replied confidently¨sure, sure, the BigC is fine , don’t worry about me Sam – but we have a lot of work to do…

Samantha covered the upper half of Alfies torso with a piece of tarpaulin, and said that she would call from the car, for someone to collect his body – he can then be finally rested in peace.

¨OK Guys, we have a lot of catching up to do – but we need to rest somewhere for the night, and start fresh in the morning…¨

¨ John, Samantha, do you know anywhere safe for tonight ¨?

¨Yes¨ said Samantha assuredly ¨lets go to the car¨

I removed the tarpaulin from Alfies face, whispered God Bless, replaced it and followed the others outside.

................................................................................................

Good Luck today Veg, and everyone.

Merlin
29th July 2004, 06:36
Just realised after posting Veg - I havent included your selections in my part of the story, as I usually do...

I normally write the story and insert the horses names wherever appropriate - but today, I posted before doing that....

Never mind, one day wont hurt - will resume tommorow....

Merl The Plonker...

vegyjones
29th July 2004, 10:16
I removed the tarpaulin from Alfies face, whispered God Bless, replaced it and followed the others outside.

EPISODE 24

On our way to our home for the night, I was still in shock. I couldn't stop thinking about poor Alf... how his family would feel, how he had been punished for saving OUR lives. It was the first time I had ever been involved in a gun fight, and I hoped the last. I could still feel myself shaking at the experience.

We arrived at a kind of cottage, somewhat camouflaged by the surrounding forrestry. It was dark so that probably helped. They had driven the last several minutes without the lights on. Sam, who was driving, must have known the area to have been able to avoid all the obstacles. Upon entering, Sam and John drew all the curtains... thick black plastic sheets. Then we switched the light on. They were going to serious efforts to hide us, they must have believed that we were in some amount of danger... I didn't like it.

There was only one double bed... John said that me and Sam could have it, but I said I would feel more comfortable on the floor, I didn't expect that I would get much sleep anyway. I said that BigC might find it more beneficial after the trauma's he had suffered in the last couple of days!

I was wrong about the sleep, i did manage to drift off... must have been a long day. I awaoke with John, BigC, and Sam all ready and waiting. I did wonder how they all managed to stay so fresh and why they never woke me when there where things to be done! I moved into the bathroom and got myself ready! I came out and asked where we were going.

"We can't afford to stick around one place for too long" siad John.
" The sooner that we move the better, and anyway we have rescued BigC, let us not forget about Delcie"

Delcie, for my sins, I had completely forgotten about her. I was so wrapped up in my own turmoil that I had forgotten about the single reason that I had accompnied these people on their crusade. I felt overwhelmed with guilt. How could I have forgotten. I didn't have time to wollow however, we had to jump in the car and make our way back to the plane and make our way to Natal.

The guys weren't confident though. They new that the Giunchiglio were onto them, how else could that factory have been empty. I could feel the tenseness. We were probably walking into a trap, but couldn't let delcie down.

We arrived in Natal, in mid afternoon. I was beginning to wonder how many people were involved in W2W operations because when we arrived in the plane, we were greeted by yet another member of their team... a Mister Mark Wales...

To be continued...

Merlin
30th July 2004, 05:38
We arrived in Natal, in mid afternoon. I was beginning to wonder how many people were involved in W2W operations because when we arrived in the plane, we were greeted by yet another member of their team... a Mister Mark Wales...

I had slept for most of the flight despite having what I thought a seemingly rejuvenating sleep the previous night. My thoughts turned to the events of the past two weeks – 4 murders, of which I myself was guilty of one – My love Delcie was missing – kidnapped, but I privately prayed that she was alive.

I had been dragged into this initially because of Delcie – and she still remained the motivating factor, but there were subsidiary aspects to this now – particularly Alfie and Dickies death.

I felt as if I had jumped into the sea to rescue a drowning child, only to be swept away by the current, notwithstanding that the tide was moving in – fast, I had placed myself in shark infested waters, surrounded by dolphins, searching for my mermaid, my Goddess of the sea…..

I was introduced to Mark Wales ¨call me Taff¨ he said warmly. He spoke with a very clear, precise Welsh accent, with unmistakable clarity and warmth. ¨ OK ¨ boyo¨ he said, directing a glance at me. ¨We had better put you in the picture, hadn’t we ¨
The five of us walked off towards a huge mansion, which used to be the masters house on the enghino – sugar plantation. This is my little place said Mark proudly, bought it for a song I did, about 4 years ago.¨ he continued, a place like this back home would cost 4 million, only paid a 20th of that.

I looked around the rolling grounds, which had many outbuildings, stables and a lake. There were hundreds of fruit trees, banana, manga, and many others bearing fruits of which I hadn’t seen before.

We were shown into a large drawing room, with a magnificent library and art collection – I wondered where and how Taff had made all this money. As he had earlier told me that he had been brought up in the South Wales valleys – the son of a school master, he had spent his childhood in a village near Pontypridd, one school, 4 pubs, and a chapel, with a population of less than 160. His father was the only school master in the village, who used to conduct the chapel services on Sundays too.
A maid brought us some piping hot coffee, black of course, with sugar that had been grown on the plantation, ¨ Boa tarde Senhor ¨she said sweetly and softly as she offered me the contents of the silver tray she was holding. I took some coffee, without sugar and helped myself to a couple of pastries that were delicately balanced and overlapping to form a majestic image of a sunflower. It really was a shame to re-arrange this work of art – but I was famished.

Taff and John had suggested that we rest for a few hours before a de-briefing and planning session later. Taf said we couldn’t do it now because he still had some intelligence to come in… ¨Delcie¨ I asked hopefully, ¨ is she safe ?¨

¨Waiting to hear news later today on that one Sam¨ said Taff in a very non-commitment tone.

A Negro Butler called JIM showed us to our rooms, he accompanied us up the hallway staircase, he looked about 90, but walked with a childish sort of SPRING in his step, I found this odd, but amusing.

I noticed that all of the staff were Negro ¨as black as the ace of spades¨ – they all wore an incredible smile, and conducted themselves with an unequalled politeness and manner.

I wondered if they had descended from the slaves that had been brought to Brazil, the free people who had been kidnapped from the shores of Africa and brought to this land to work in the fields of ¨white gold¨ for their Portuguese masters. Raped and beaten by the same, held in captivity like animals, many hundreds dying from depression, from brutality – I wondered if subsequent generations still bore the scars, and if their Portuguese masters still bore the guilt.

I rested, but was disturbed by a knock on the door, my immediate reaction was to ignore it, a few moments later there was another knock, this time slightly louder – I had become quite cautious and nervy towards uninvited and unidentified callers. So proceeded with caution towards the sound – ¨ who is it¨ I asked bluntly, but politely.
¨Mr. Sam , Sir they are waiting for you in the drawing room¨.It was Maria , the negro maid, I opened the door, to see a welcoming , bursting smile, ¨Mr. Sam, the others are waiting in the drawing room for you ¨she repeated warmly. ¨Thank you Maria, tell them I will be down in 10 minutes¨.

I freshened up in the bathroom, which had a luxurious Jacuzzi, sunk into the floor, which was beautifully covered in Italian glass mosaic tiles. There was a balcony which afforded stunningly breathtaking views over the whole southern side of the plantation. In the distance I could see the trees and vegetation of The Atlantic Forest, which stretched down the whole cost of Brazil, a perfect CLIMATE to support such diversity. – save the huge gaps which had been destroyed to make way for the towns and cities.

I walked into the drawing room to be greeted by BigC, ¨Hi Sam, sit down; we are IN DISCUSSION and have decided to tell you what is going on.

I sat in between Taff and John, with Samantha and BigC facing me on the opposite side of the table. The following hour was enlightening to say the least, they had conveyed almost everything to me, and I no longer felt the ignorant , the almost helpless fool, well, NEARLY A FOOL which I had previously felt. (no doubt they had withheld some information), I retired to my room before dinner, this gave me some space to think things through, to organize my mind – to regain sanity, almost.
I still had lots of questions but they could wait. I had problems with my cognitive process as it was – without further confusing things.

I decided to think things through, to analyze what I already knew before asking for the other bits of the jigsaw.

They told me that Delcie was still alive; of course they knew this was the most important bit for me – so they gave me that information first. And I now knew that if anything happens to Delcie I would become an extremely wealthy man.

I already knew that she had left half of her estate to me due to the content of her last will and testament which I had retrieved from the safe in her bookstore – I remain unaware though of the other recipient. It turns out that the pharmaceutical company which Delcies husband owns was left to him by Delcies father, but his will was subject to two conditions.

Pelzer had to remain faithful and married to Delcie, if he divorced her for any reason other than proven adultery or if she was to die from anything other than natural causes (or under suspicious circumstances) the company would be given to the United Nations World Health Council as a non-profit concern.

The other condition was most interesting and really the cause of my involvement, indirectly anyway. Pelzer chemicals had developed the most advanced drug for curing Aids, and were in fact so close to being able to treat the condition in such a way as to ensure the eradication of the virus – forever. At least in its present form.

Delcies old man was apparently a bit of a philanthropist and he decreed that the company should provide all AIDS vaccines at cost price in most cases and free in many others. He figured that his company could make enough profit from their other medicines to facilitate this gesture to mankind.

Here lies Pelzers problem! The GIUNCHIGLIOS were the front mob for powerful bankers and investors, who worked together in a kind of cartel, and they knew that if they could get hold of Pelzer Industries vaccine formula they could patent it and hold the world to ransom.

Pelzers AIDS researchers realized that the only answer to the world epidemic of HIV, was a vaccine. The problem was that the GIUNCHIGLIOS also recognized this – but instead of visualizing cures – they visualized Dollars. Either way it was a BOUNDLESS PROSPECT.

They started to infiltrate Pelzer’s labs around the world, placing researchers and scientists in strategic positions that would be able to collect the vaccine data and transfer it to the cartel. They have already successfully stolen 90% of the information, and kidnapped Delcie either as a bargaining tool ( although Pelzer hadn’t received a ransom request yet) or believing that she could supply them with the missing research data. Either way, time is running out for Delcie, because they know that we are closing in and the ultimate vaccine is close to completion.

BigC, Taff, Samantha and John all worked for W2W (World to World). W2W was a philanthropic Idealist Organization set up and funded by Delcies father – it is headed by Lord KEITH Strickland. Lord Keith was born in Aintree, Liverpool, England but upon receiving his title had moved to Dubai to pursue his passion for gambling – he had built an oasis in the desert there, racetracks, hotels, casinos, the Las Vegas of the Arab world – he had gained the nickname the DESERT LORD.

I still had the note that Lord Keith had left in the hotel in Rio, I read it again.

Hi Sam,
Proceed with care, and remember what I have asked you to do.
I can confirm that D is alive, and if you need any help Red Romeo is your man.
Good luck,
Strickland.

I vividly remembered what he asked me to do, ¨your role in this Sam , is to keep loving Delcie , help ensure she remains alive, and do all you can to rescue her.¨
Something struck me – the handwritten poem or verse that Delcie had written, it was here somewhere, I searched in my hold all, and there it was -

I AM SAID I me,
A ONE completely,
A SILVER MASCOT divine.
Something which is totally mine,
An intellectual PLOY,
Will not halt the joy,
A COMPTON PLUME to wear,
To share with the world,
I swear.

The last 2 lines now made sense…. ¨To share with the world I swear¨ This must be referring to the AIDS vaccine I thought excitedly, I was now feeling much sharper, due to having the knowledge I suppose, sharing the objectives, sharing Delcies objectives, which were spawned from her father.

One thing bothered me, I still didn’t understand Dickies involvement in this, but was not too troubled by it at this stage, I cleared the thought from my mind.. It was clearly spelt out at our earlier meeting what the objectives were. To rescue Delcie – ALIVE, and to ensure that the cartel didn’t get hold of the final pieces of the research jigsaw. My priority was the former - W2Ws was the latter – but together, I suppose we would be doing a service for humanity – if we were to make it.
.....................................................................................................

Good Luck today Veg - and everyone else too....

vegyjones
31st July 2004, 01:05
Well done Merl... excellent stuff :D

EPISODE 26.

Jim came into the room.
"Master Wales" he said.
"Your transport has arrived"
"Thanks Jim" replied Mark.
"Look, we are heading to a building north-east of here. It is known to be a Giunchiglio base and where Intelligence would have us believe that Delcie is being held. Obviously we can't just storm in there... we could end up in trouble and at the same time endanger Delcie. I've heard about your little escapade in Olinda and we can't afford any more slip ups like the one that cost Alfie his life!"

Talk about make you feel guilty. Even though it wasn't my fault, I was just following orders, I still felt that I had let poor Alfie down!

"So what is going to happen is this. Me and Sam will go together. We have connections and should be able to get through the front door. We have estimations that there are about 50 or so Giunchiglio in or around that building, so it shouldn't take long."

Shouldn't take long! I couldn't believe what I was hearing, I began to think that I had misheard him and that he hadn't said fifty at all. I decided that I had to pipe up.

"Er, Mark" I interrupted.

"Yes Sam" asked Mark!

"You do realise that I have never been involved in anything like this before?"

"Yes, don't worry Sam... we are fully aware of your inexperience. In this job though, you pick things up quite quickly and as long as you stick to John like a fly to *****, I'm sure that you'll be fine!"

"Okay" I said... I didn't think I sounded that convincing but Mark just carried on regardless.

"John, you and Sam will go together, your job will be to go through the back door if need ne and BigC. Well, as you are quite well known to our opponents now, you will be our eyes and ears from afar. We have these earpieces and these binoculars. They will help you to be our eyes and ears throughout. Theese binoculars will help you see through the walls of the building... oh hell you know the drill bigC.

With that Bigcumba nodded.

Okay, guys. I know that this job is pretty rushed, but we don;t have time to do our usual background work this time... we need to find Delcie and get her out, and fast.

I felt reassured that it was Delcie he seemed more interested in freeing then the vaccination information!

With that, he asked if anyone had any questions. No one replied, an so he turned and began to walk toward the door. The others followed, and knowing that I was just as much a part of this as anyone else, followed suit!

To be continued...

Merlin
31st July 2004, 03:45
Nice follow Veg - wont have much time in the morning, but will continue either Saturday night - or Sunday Morning.....................

Good Luck today - come on Carribean Coral......

vegyjones
2nd August 2004, 10:02
Come on Merl... I'm waiting! :D

Merlin
2nd August 2004, 15:02
Sorry Veg,

Hopefully later tonight - up to my neck in work at the mo...

I have over 30 new volunteers arriving this week - without the 40 or so that are here already.... HELP....

vegyjones
2nd August 2004, 15:06
Sounds to me like you need the help of...

SAM CLINTON, superhero!

Er, maybe for the next book! :D

Merlin
5th August 2004, 04:38
Delcie was educated at Harvard; she graduated with honors and distinction from the School of Law. Eight years later she was awarded a Doctorate for contributions to feminist theory and its impact on the Federal Constitution.

She was a strong,single minded, independent sort of woman – with a distinct personality, the kind of woman that most men feared, the kind of woman who was a free spirit who wouldn’t subject herself to the conventions of her time, to the expected and defined criteria which generations before her had laid down.

But there was another side – the side that was idealistic, romantic – traits which she was sure she had inherited from her father – whom she had adored

Her mother was mugged and fatally injured during an absurdity – it was on a subway train in New York City, an unfathomable irony – as she was on her way to a conference as principal speaker to the politicians and lawmakers, she was to present a paper on the proposed penal correction bill, which argued for probation rather than incarceration for the many thousands of juveniles who appear in courthouses up and down the country each day – for people just like those who had ended her life.

Delcie married an ambitious attorney from Connecticut , they had no children, and she had no desire to have children with him, he had turned out to be a man of no ethic, no principles, no dreams, although he did possess a deep-seated desire for dominance, control, with shallow, empty objectives which were driven by greed.

Despite her convictions, divorce would have been a scandal for such a prominent family –¨ just grin and bear it¨ her father had said – but meanwhile chase your dream.

She had had a few affairs, romances that had initially promised to fulfill her desires, to fill her emptiness, to passionately halt her longing for the marriage of her soul to another.

She dreamt of an unconditional love, the love with no strings attached, the love that she believed belonged to everyone, that everyone had a right to have – her search was in vain, that is until the day that Sam Clinton had walked into her bookstore.

It had been almost two weeks since Delcie was abusively hurried into a black limousine, just one block away from the bookstore she owned. She was frantically driven through the city to LARKYS LOB, DICKIE DEADEYES place in BLAZING HILLS.

A big argument ensued, they were both unforgiving, unrelenting, couldn’t let go of the past – trapped. . Delcie wouldn’t compromise her father’s dream, which had now become her dream. She hadn’t entirely blamed Dickie – , because she knew that he was a weak man when it came to cash – hard cash, cash you could touch, feel, smell.

Delcie was dangerous, she was the captured Queen, only problem was the strategy at least for the time being had to be perpetual check – check mate would really have killed the game – at this juncture.

She was drugged and taken to a waiting Lear Jet and flown to Brazil.

She was being held in a rather nondescript underground area of one of Pelzer pharmaceutical laboratories. Her captors were well aware that she was being pursued by W2W, and that they were close – very close.

They entered her small rectangular prison cell; she was awake, lively, and as uncooperative and incorruptible as ever.

¨Well lady, your boyfriend and the W2W do-gooders have come to rescue your pretty little head, to save the world from the virus – the virus which will soon be swimming in your blood, corrupting your pretty , idealistic little cells – weakening you and your children so slowly – ever so slowly, but surely, until you wont be able to survive the common-cold,¨ he said laughing sadistically.

Delcie was sobbing, not because of fear, or because of defeat, but through anger and frustration, she still had the strength and courage and spat directly in the eye of one her captors, the reaction was swift and brutal, he punched her once in the head with such force as to cause her to sweep violently across the floor – the whole length of her prison, finally resting semi-conscious in the corner of hell.

¨Sammy boy and his cronies had better come quickly¨ he cried in a squeaky little girl kind of voice.

¨Because your gonna sneeze to death within six months honey¨, he said, in a twisted, irony.

Delcies face filled with terror as the syringe emptied its contents into her body.

…………………………………………………………………………………………….

To be continued.

vegyjones
6th August 2004, 14:07
Delcies face filled with terror as the syringe emptied its contents into her body.

EPISODE 28

…I knew that today was going to bring trouble. I was getting a little home sick. I just wanted to take Delcie back home… and never come to Brazil again!

John slowed the car right down and pulled the handbrake up. He turned to me.

“This is where we get out Sam” he said.
There was nothing around… I presumed he was joking. But then he proceeded to get out of the Land Rover we were in.

“John”, I said inquisitively. He nodded.
“There’s nothing around, why are we getting out of the car?”

John laughed… the one thing that had begun to irritate me about John. He always laughed when I asked him question… and it always made me feel incredibly stupid.

“When in Rome Sam, do as the Romans!” He replied. “If we go marching up to this building in a Land Rover, we will look very suspect. Most of the locals in this town don’t have transport so we will go the rest of the journey on foot.”

I still wasn’t sure about it; by the time we got there I would be in no fit state to fight anyone. Indeed I would probably curl up and sleep. I didn’t say anything to John though; I knew that I was already slowing him up. Not that it bothered me, I mean; I didn’t ask to come on this crusade of theirs. All I wanted was Delcie. I couldn’t care less about the rest of humanity… they can fend for themselves!

We began to walk in the direction that we had been driving. With very little of interest in front of us, I knew that this journey would take forever, and forever we didn’t have. I wondered how Samantha, Mark and BigC were getting on…

…As we were walking, I could see the coastline. It was pretty distant but I could see it. I wondered when we would come to our destination; John seemed to know where he was going! He must have known how long it was going to take but it was difficult to get anything out of him. I think he liked silence or else he just didn’t like me! It was midday and it was hot! I could feel drips of sweat running down my back. I wasn’t fit… And it I didn’t know it before I certainly did now!

“John” I muttered.
“Yes Sam” he said, not even out of breath
“How long do you think it will be before we are there?”
“Anyone would think you are looking forward to it Sam!” I knew he was being ironic. “It’s just another couple of miles. I know you probably think that we parked up too far away, but you don’t realise how many people relay information to them, we are doing the right thing! We’ll be there by one-thirty. Then the trouble starts. We have to evade their security… that’s going to be the difficult part Sam”

I wondered if he realised how difficult all this walking was for me! I knew that if we hadn’t rescued Delcie by this evening I would be in no fit state to walk tomorrow, my muscles would just collapse!

John was true to his word… an hour and a half later, the building was in sight and now our plan was to begin!…

TO BE CONTINUED!

Merlin
7th August 2004, 07:05
Nice follow Veg - will probably follow on Sunday...

I am looking for Sams asthma pump....

bigcumba
8th August 2004, 00:11
I'm going to make this a sticky thread to keep it at the top of the list for you. :)

Merlin
8th August 2004, 03:41
Good thinking Batman - ...............................I mean BicC...

vegyjones
8th August 2004, 16:35
BigC...

Is thjat you in that Avatar, Meatloaf, or are you one and the same? :D

Why is this a sticky thread... we haven't come to the sticky bit yet! :laugh

But the way John and Sam are going... it won't be long! :D

bigcumba
8th August 2004, 16:46
Meatloaf.... away and put your specs on, you're blind as a bat! The guy in the avatar is the one and only Lemmy.... :D

vegyjones
8th August 2004, 16:48
Who the bleedin hell is Lemmy??? :doh

Is he in Blazin Squad? :D

bigcumba
8th August 2004, 17:19
Not quite Vegy, but you're close :)

sparkyminer
8th August 2004, 17:57
Meatloaf.... away and put your specs on, you're blind as a bat! The guy in the avatar is the one and only Lemmy.... :D
C'mon Vegy, even I knew that. :)

Merlin
11th August 2004, 16:17
I wondered if he realised how difficult all this walking was for me! I knew that if we hadn’t rescued Delcie by this evening I would be in no fit state to walk tomorrow, my muscles would just collapse!

John was true to his word… an hour and a half later, the building was in sight and now our plan was to begin!…
.................................................................................................................

¨Listen John, I am not fit for anything, can we rest here before going in?

¨¨ there may not be time Sam, said John apologetically¨!

¨I am of no use to you or Delcie at the moment, I have to rest for a short while. I really have to John. I pleaded.

¨OK Sam¨, said John reluctantly ¨15 minutes max – right – no more.¨

We sat under the gratifying shade of some palm trees; I had never before realized that they grew so far in land. Not that we were that far from the coast as I could see the Atlantic Ocean about a mile or so down the valley.

I thought of them Midday sun, mad dogs and Englishmen – and wondered which category suited John best – maybe he belonged to both.

I took some much needed water from the hip flask which John handed to me – the water was tepid but I didn’t care, it was wet, and a welcome relief to my my lips and throat.

I thought it quite strange how when we sat down and rested I seemed to be perspiring more than than before. The sun was high in the sky – it must have been a sweltering hot 38 degrees centigrade. I closed my eyes and pulled my baseball cap down over my face – resting the peak on my nostrils.

I heard a dull sickly sounding thud , I lifted the peak of my cap to witness a huge ¨door¨ of a black negro male bring down a thick length of wood upon the side of my face – my world darkened….

I awoke with the mother of all headaches, the left side of my head and face were painful reminders of that lump of wood – I felt as if I had been 10 rounds with the Golden Gloves champion.

I tried to sit up from what seemed like a wooden slat bed, and quickly realized that I was tied to my resting place – which was hinged on my right to a whitewashed concrete wall.

¨Good morning Mr. Clinton, every dog has his day – don’t you agree, ¨

Said a familiar sounding voice. I looked round and there standing in the open doorway was Silax.

¨Mr. Clinton the laws of PROBERBILITY were in my favour, I would not have stopped pursuing you – I had to get you in the end. Welcome – welcome to comeuppance…he said with a sadistic delight.

Where is Delcie I asked, not really expecting or wanting an answer.

Funny you should ask he said sarcastically, take a look at the screen.

Using a hand held remote control Silax turned on a television screen which was embedded in the wall facing me.

To my horror I saw Delcie being savagely punched in the head and agonizingly saw her reeling across the floor of the room she was in.

I felt sick, and desperately tried to free myself, it was in vain and I had to give up through exhaustion. There was no sound with the picture, but I saw the desperation, the torture, the resilience, the courage and pain which Delcie was expressing and feeling.

I forgot my own suffering and screamed at Silax, I saw the abject terror on Delcies face as a syringe was put into her left arm.

¨As you see Mr. Clinton, Delcie is enjoying our hospitality¨, he laughed the kind of laugh that would haunt me forever.

At that moment I swore to myself that if I ever got free from here I would kill him.

I looked at him with the hatred which I felt. He then walked towards me, visibly clenching his fist, he withdraw his arm a full 3 foot, and brought it back through the same arc and connected with my testicles.

I think I must have momentarily passed out, I could hardly breathe, I was dying, dying, dying…..

Never before had I experienced such pain, such trauma – tears were streaming from my eyes, my groin felt as if buckets of white hot coal were being shoveled on – keeping the furnace burning in my groin , stomach and lungs.

I had no control over the gushing fountain of vomit which sped out of my mouth at an alarming speed – a ferocity which managed to dislodge Silaxes spectacles from the bridge of his nose. He was coughing, cursing and spluttering, and as he ran towards the door, he vomited.

The stench was almost unbearable almost as unbearable as the pain. I heard the door being shut, and locked from the outside – a pointless act I though as I can’t get out, it was impossible to move any part of my body more than an inch or so.

I started to feel a torturous cramp envelope me, I closed my eyes to try and dull the pain – I must have passed out.
.............................................................................................................

Good luck,
Merl.

Over to you Vegisimo....

vegyjones
11th August 2004, 18:01
Hmmmmm,

thanks Merl.. I think! :rolleyes:
How the :censored: am I going to get him out of that... this is going to take some thinking about! :D

Merlin
11th August 2004, 23:59
You can do it veg...

vegyjones
12th August 2004, 00:41
Bit of a Kop out... but it makes it interesting! :D

...I started to feel a torturous cramp envelope me, I closed my eyes to try and dull the pain – I must have passed out.

EPISODE 30...

I must have been unconscious for all of 30 minutes. I came to starting to get irritated by the straps… I started to struggle but it was no use. The sweat began to develop on my brow, but I couldn’t even wipe it off. I wasn’t claustrophobic, but began to felt slightly panicked by my inability to move! Then Silax came back into the room.

“Where’s John?” I asked
“Not for you to worry about” Silax replied seeming somewhat amused by my state of panic!
He went over to the other side of the room. He looked out of the large, quite dirty, window.
“Sam” he went on, “It would seem that you find yourself in a fairly difficult predicament.”
I wondered what he was going to do, what he was doing here, and where all my friends were!
Particularly Delcie, after seeing her on the screen earlier!

I looked at the straps over my waist, how they were done up. They descended underneath the chair and out of sight… I couldn’t reach that far! My legs too were tied, I felt a feeling of despair that I had never felt before! I felt like I wanted to give in, that any hope I had of seeing Delcie again had vanished! A tear left the corner of my eye at the thought! All this, when just a couple of weeks ago, I had the perfect life. Ever since I saw Delcies room being ransacked, my world had turned upside down!

“Sam” Silax said as he tried to catch my attention, clearly aware that I had let my mind slip from what he was talking to me about! “I don’t think you realise the extent of this situation.”

“Silax, what do you want, what are you doing here? How are you involved in all of this”

“It would seem Sam, that you and your team have somewhat underestimated the genius that is me! I have been wronged Sam, in a very serious way and I am out to seek justice. Revenge is sweet Sam, it truly is”

A thought struck me… until a few weeks ago I had never actually heard of Silax. Until that meeting in the café where I met BigC I had no idea who this character was. Yet, and quite clearly so, he had a big vendetta against me in particular over any member of the W2W team! I decided that I would enquire about this… a strange time perhaps, but I may not have another opportunity!

“What is it that you have against me Silax”

Silax laughed.

“Do you think that this is some kind of movie Sam. That I am going to reveal all my secrets and plans before I put them to the test. I think someone has seen one too many James Bond movies. This is reality Sam, not fantasy. I have no intention of giving you my reasons and before long you won’t have to worry about that any longer! All that you have to know is that I will take great pleasure in disposing of you!

He smiled, then turned and bent down to open a cupboard. He rose again with something in his hand. At first I couldn’t make it out… My vision still suffering from the passing out!

Then I realised what it was. A syringe…
I kicked and struggled but these straps were truly tight and weren’t going to give way! He approached with a huge grin on his face. My life flashed before my eyes! I had a feeling that this was the end!

Then, the door burst open…

To be continued!

Phew… good luck Merl! :D
Come on Sam!

Merlin
12th August 2004, 00:49
Nice one Veg - excellent follow mate -............

I hate ¨needles¨ :yikes:

Merlin
10th September 2004, 03:45
Then, the door burst open…
................................................................................................................

A man of small stature entered the room – an odd looking man really, with a ridiculous looking side parting in his hair, adjusted in such a way as too ineffectively conceal his baldness.

His nose was extraordinarily long and pointed with a rather large boil on the tip – Pinocchio sprung to mind, but this was no time for childhood fairytales…

I was soon catapulted to the reality of my situation when I saw him unbuckling his leather belt, he proceeded to take off his trousers which left him naked from the waist down, when I realized what his plans were I became absolutely frantic, terrified as never before, the syringe that Silax held in his hand was the preferred option.

¨Alex – Clinton is mine, go and relieve yourself somewhere else¨ said Silax in a commanding tone.

¨Oh Si, pretty, pretty Si can I have him¨ , said Alex in a most femininely pathetic blurb.

¨Listen Alex , there is no time for your disgusting perversion right now – just go away – or I shall call the Web-Master¨.

At that point BigC, John and Taff came bounding into the room – BigC spectacularly almost dive-bombed Silax from the rear and subsequently toppled him onto Alex, I watched with almost pleasure and relief as I saw the syringe plunge into Alexs groin as they both lie there in the missionary position with BigC and Taff sitting on top of them.

John started to release the straps which had been my straight jacket since yesterday – the relief which I felt was immediate, I gladly took the lit cigarette that John offered me, and realized that I hadn’t started smoking until all of this, I inhaled a long hold on the cigarette, and had to sit on the edge of the makeshift bench to save falling over…

¨It looks as if we saved you from your first homosexual experience ¨ said BigC chuckling.

¨Old Alex was a big boy too said Mark mischeviously.

¨Thank you guys I said¨ sincerely meaning it, ¨wheres Delcie ? I asked hopefully.

¨She has been moved to another location¨ said John in a disappointed tone.
¨****¨ bloody ****¨ I said as I looked despairingly at my three rescuers.

¨Don’t worry, Samantha is on their trail, we will have an update soon – at least she is still alive¨ said Taff.

We tied Silax and Alex together in their missionary state and it was with some satisfaction that I shot them both as I walked through the door.

Over to you Vegster....

vegyjones
10th September 2004, 10:13
:laugh

Not your usually serious supplement there Merl! :D

plater
10th September 2004, 11:37
:yikes: :D

vegyjones
16th September 2004, 17:31
We tied Silax and Alex together in their missionary state and it was with some satisfaction that I shot them both as I walked through the door.

EPISODE 32

What we then encountered was a series of corridors! Each looking similar to the last! John and myself were trusting Mark and BigC, as they had been the ones to rescue us!
We were encouraged when they brought us to a door. An exit we thought!

“Come on Sam and John, this way” said Mark as he opened the door!

We went through. We looked around, but it wasn’t the exit and there was no way out. It was just a small room!

Then the door closed behind us! Mark and BigC were outside. What were they doing?

“Mark, BigC” I shouted as I tried to push the door! But there was no handle, and the door had been locked. Electronically. It was like a big steel casing, neither John nor myself had the effort to push it open, not that we bothered.

All of a sudden, a plasma screen came through an opening in the ceiling and stopped three quarters of the way up the wall! It came on and showed a picture of a large room! It took a few seconds for us to realise, but there were 2 men hanging against a wall, their arms tied at the wrists and their faces bruised and bleeding! It was Mark and BigC!

We were confused. Mark and BigC had just helped us to get here, but here we were looking at them tied to this wall on the television screen in front of us! I looked at John!

“We’re in serious trouble now Sam” said John! “Someone is toying with us!”

I slumped to the floor! I wasn’t cut out for this! We had come all this way and I was still yet to see my beloved Delcie! Where was she, and was she still alive?

Someone walked into the picture. I hadn’t seen him before. He looked at the screen and it looked as though he was looking right into my eyes!

“You have proved my theory” He said as the sound suddenly came on! “I was always under the impression that English men were stupid, and it looks as though you have proved me correct! My name is Plater! Soon you will see everything from Plater’s Perspective! I’m afraid that on this occasion I am the bearer of bad news… If you look up you will see that the room is air conditioned and has several vents!”

We looked up and so be it, there was plenty of ventilation in the room.
Suddenly a thought sprang to mind… a dreadful thought!

“In several seconds, these vents will start to fill your room with an intoxicating gas!”

And to his word, the vents began to make a noise… there was no way out!…

To be continued!

piggy
16th September 2004, 18:31
truly a work of epic proportions, excellent stuff keep it up. i hope it's not copyright protected iv'e been printing it off and taking it over the pub :D

plater
16th September 2004, 18:54
“In several seconds, these vents will start to fill your room with an intoxicating gas!”
If that happened to me I think the gas would be :butthead: :butthead: :butthead:

Nice one Vegy :)
Always wanted to be a villain, perchance I should change my avatar to be a bit more sinister :D

vegyjones
16th September 2004, 22:39
To be honest Plater, he looks sinister enough to me! :D

Gives me the creeps! :wink

plater
17th September 2004, 07:18
Hi Vegy How about this one :D
http://www.win2winracing.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=599

vegyjones
17th September 2004, 09:32
:yikes:

Merlin
17th September 2004, 15:01
Nice one Veg - makes it difficult now ?, You SOB :laugh

Merlin
22nd September 2004, 03:20
“You have proved my theory” He said as the sound suddenly came on! “I was always under the impression that English men were stupid, and it looks as though you have proved me correct! My name is Plater! Soon you will see everything from Plater’s Perspective! I’m afraid that on this occasion I am the bearer of bad news… If you look up you will see that the room is air conditioned and has several vents!”

We looked up and so be it, there was plenty of ventilation in the room.
Suddenly a thought sprang to mind… a dreadful thought!

And to his word, the vents began to make a noise… there was no way out!…
....................................................................................................................

It was with terror that I applied logic – understandably I suppose, there was presumably toxic-gas being released above our heads which would surely send John and me to another realm of consciousness.

Despite not feeling any toxic effect at that moment, it was surely only a matter of time, I was aware though of a profuse sweat – glands working overtime – erratic heartbeat, overwhelmed almost – with abject terror.

¨Welcome to Platers Perspective¨ boomed out from the plasma screen – Plater appeared,

¨OK you guys¨ he said, through teeth that were clenching a rather large Havana.

¨You relinquish your quest, you retire from your objectives Mr. Clinton – or die – simple really.

¨The choice which you face is not entirely mine – but is due to a pleading of mercy from one of your old friends¨ he said dryly.

At that moment I was absolutely gob smacked!

Sitting beside Plater as large as life itself was Dickie Deadeye !!!

¨Sam¨ he said in a uniquely Churchillian tone.

¨You must retreat from this madness – there is nothing you can do –

to try and alter Delcies fate is futility – you MUST put a stop to this NOW – let go of Delcie¨

Never, Never, Never, I replied obstinately and furiously….

¨I saw you lying dead in the armchair in your drawing room – I grieved for you, attended your memorial service, why, why, and what for !!! ?

¨Sam, there have been many people before me, and no doubt there will be many people after me who will fake their own death – what else can a chap do when he is in a tight spot ?¨

He said these words appealing to my well known reason, logical way of doing things – but Delcie was the catalytic change to my normally predictive behavior…

¨Go to hell Dickie, you son of a bitch¨ I said forcefully and vehemently….

¨For old times sake Sam – this is a chance for you to get out of this mess you find yourself in – I have a safe passage arranged for you to return to Blazing Hills this evening – the choice is yours – ¨

¨ But the way that I see it is no better than Hobson’s….¨said Plater teasingly.

But what about Delcie, John, BigC, Samantha and Taff¨ I said hopefully, albeit unrealistically…

¨Sam, this is not a negotiating process – accept or die….¨said Dickie solemnly.

¨You have one hour to decide your own fate Sam – I hour tops….¨

The transmission stopped, the door opened and in burst two men, one of them, a tall, tanned, South American , with a well manicured beard and moustache, sporting a Panama style hat and wearing an immaculately cut white Italian suit. He picked up John and threw him effortlessly against the far wall – John let out a huge agonized groan, as he seemed to slide down the wall obeying the laws of gravity perfectly.

Both men picked him up and carried him outside – the door closed tight behind them.

I reconciled myself to defeat as I slid into a sitting position with my back against the door, I buried my head in my hands, in despair and confusion. I tried to focus on what was happening, what to do, but I just couldn’t think straight, Blazing Hills was light years away, my former existence was light years away from this – my reality.

I started to consider my options – I quickly realized there wasn’t many of them – as Dickie had said, ¨accept or die¨

If I accepted their offer of a passage back to Blazing Hills, could I trust a former friend who faked his own death? Should I sell out on the promise that I made to Lord Strickland – should I forego my love?

Should I forego my love? – Can I just walk away? As I always had done during difficult situations in my life I thought of my Uncle Max. I gained strength and confidence through him – wisdom. Courage and humility were his trademarks, he had once told me

¨whatever you do in your life Sam, whatever action you take, whatever decision you make, always have a plan – a vision of how you want it to end – never, ever he had said trust to luck…¨

In that moment, I had a plan, a vision of how I wanted this to end – I was going to return to Blazing Hills – my return wouldn’t signal the end though, on the contrary, it would be just the beginning……..

.............................................................................................................

OK Vegster......lets go......we are about halfway now :yikes:

vegyjones
22nd September 2004, 09:48
Halfway,

we are still on page 1 aren't we? :D

samantha1303
22nd September 2004, 14:00
Depending on how it is edited and printed out probably page 34

Win2Win
22nd September 2004, 14:10
Only a couple of thousand pages then before Shakespeare will be quaking in his grave :)

vegyjones
22nd September 2004, 14:13
If you put it in text size 48,
I think we will have enough pages to release a book! :D

samantha1303
22nd September 2004, 14:14
:D nice one

vegyjones
27th September 2004, 12:03
Mr Clinton is racing today! :yikes:

Merlin
27th September 2004, 12:06
Johnny Ebenezer won the other day.....:yikes:

Theres another system in this book somewhere Veg - you on strike ? :laugh

vegyjones
27th September 2004, 12:10
Mr Clinton can't get back to fighting Giunchiglio until he's finished his business at the racing today! :D

Got some spare time today! Next installment will be there later! aS WILL THE 2,000TH VIEW! :yikes:

Sorry pressed caps lock by accident and couldn't be bothered to delete.
Even though typing this explanation out probably took longer! :doh

vegyjones
28th September 2004, 12:41
In that moment, I had a plan, a vision of how I wanted this to end – I was going to return to Blazing Hills – my return wouldn’t signal the end though, on the contrary, it would be just the beginning……..

Episode 34

… I decided that it was no use being a martyr. Returning home was my only chance of finding and saving Delcie! I reluctantly said that I would accept Dickie’s offer, but only on the understanding that he spared my friends! Dickie was an old friend… I trusted him with his word, I still didn’t feel, despite the last few hours' revelations, that he would deliberately let me down!

The door opened and a troup of guards walked in! A ridiculously large amount considering how weakened, through lack of rest and hunger, I was. I didn’t have the energy to resist. The took me by the arms and led me away down the corridor! I felt defeated and demoralised. The feeling of defeat must have brought with it an overwhelming feeling of tiredness! I wanted to sleep…

I was led to another room, very similar to the one that I had been in with John! The door closed behind me and the two guards that had led me in forcibly sat me in the sole chair in the room! There was another door in the adjacent wall! I expected it to open but it didn’t. The guards sat me in the chair and stepped back in front of the door we had entered by!

The a television lowered from the ceiling much the same as before! I don’t ever remember feeling as weak and useless as I did right now! I felt like coming to tears, not bearing to imagine what images I would be inflicted to this time!

Then the door behind me opened. I spun around in my chair, and a shadow was standing n the doorway surrounded by light from outside. The door shut and the image became clear. It was Dickie. If I had the energy, I would have made an effort to punch him, but I didn’t. I just sat put my elbows on the table and rested my face in the palms of my hands!

Dickie walked right up to me and I felt him place his hand on my shoulder. He squeezed tight.

“Sam” he said in a quiet voice. “I’m so very sorry Sam!”

My head began to pound. It was a lie. He hadn’t spared me… this was going to be my life’s final moments.

“Dickie” I said pleadingly. “You can’t Dickie!”

“Sam, I’m just a pawn in all this! I have tried to help you and your friends but Plater is the brains behind all this. I can’t go up against him Sam… I wouldn’t see tomorrow! I’m so very sorry Sam!”

Tears began to fill my eyes! I just sat back into the chair. I began to come to terms with my own mortality and hoped that the end would be quick and painless.

“How…” I cleared my throat.
“How are you gong to do it… can I see Delcie before I…”

“You don’t understand” Dickie interrupted. “You’re going back to Blazing Hills”

Dickie looked behind me

I turned round… there on the screen was John. Tied up. I didn’t understand. The screen panned out. John’s figure began to get smaller. As the picture got bigger, suddenly several guards came into view. They were facing John, with… guns!

I turned to face Dickie…

“You can’t” I shouted…

Then the most horrifying sound… bullets firing! Many bullets.

“Nooo!” I screamed.

I turned to look!

There was John, lying on the floor… blood pouring from his bullet ridden body!

I just dropped to the floor and wept uncontrollably…

------------------------------------------------------------------

RIP John Hicks... sorry!

Merlin
28th September 2004, 12:52
:yikes: nice one Veg.....another one bites the dust....

Win2Win
28th September 2004, 12:58
...at this rate I won't have any Mods left :doh

Merlin
28th September 2004, 13:09
:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

You can always call on The WM :yikes:

vegyjones
28th September 2004, 14:23
What with the racing sim, and shooting all the mods,

I'm desperate to get some sort of moderators position here somewhere! :laugh

Me and the Webmaster... the new Thelma and Louise! :laugh

Now where did I put my chess board! :doh

Sorry John, had to spice it up a bit! Don'r ban me! :yikes:

bigcumba
28th September 2004, 20:31
Me and the Webmaster... the new Thelma and Louise! :laugh

Now that was funny! :D

John
28th September 2004, 21:26
:cryer

Merlin
29th September 2004, 01:36
Sorry to see your untimely demise John - mowed down in the spring of your existence....

There maybe a secomd coming :yikes:

Vegy - DICKIE DEADEYE is out in the 2.30 at Salisbury Wednesday - I actually fancy it - its 10/1 :yikes:

bigcumba
29th September 2004, 01:51
Oh no - it's another Dallas style dream sequence.... so it was actually Dickie Deadeye that shot JR :D

samantha1303
29th September 2004, 02:01
Is John in the shower?????

bigcumba
29th September 2004, 02:39
Is John in the shower?????

Steady on Sam.... :D

Win2Win
29th September 2004, 09:12
When Big C is in the shower his feet never get wet :)

John
29th September 2004, 12:29
:yikes: Well I was about an hour ago, does that count?

Merlin
29th September 2004, 16:32
It took an incredible resolve for me to regain composure from the sheer insanity of what I had just seen – I had a fleeting reminder of the mounting death toll…I very quickly calculated 8 – of which 3 burdened my soul. A momentary darkness overcame me, and I wondered if I would ever be released from my own guilt;

I hadn’t realized until now that I had become pragmatic in my deeds, I attempted to justify my pragmatism as a means to an end, and desperately hoped that it would turn out the way I hoped it would…

Dickie walked towards me, looking weary and laden, he was talking to me with his eyes, but I failed to comprehend their communication. He handed me a cigarette, which I gratefully received…

¨Sam, you will be taken to an airfield and flown by Lear to Blazing Hills, I have arranged for your personal effects to be collected from Taffs, you leave in 10 minutes¨
He said resignedly…

I looked carefully at Dickies face, under the calm exterior he allowed me to see a buried, but certain glimmer of hope, which was foggied by a deep-seated sadness.

Plater walked confidently and enigmatically into the room.

¨Samuel Clinton¨ he announced, only my mother had ever called me Samuel , it felt strangely weird sounding coming from a gun-toting, cheroot- smoking , small, fat and very rounded man. He had the air of a Sicilian overlord – ice-cream seller who had progressed to Head of Operations.

¨Samuel Clinton¨ he repeated boldly.

¨Dickie is like family to me, he wanted you spared and I have agreed, but you listen to me now – you mention one word about what you have seen or what you know – and I will cut off your balls, with that he walked out of the room humming Shuberts Marchie Militaire.

¨Lets go Sam ¨said Dickie ¨you have a plane to catch.

I followed him through a maze of corridors, which eventually opened into a brightly lit reception area, it was deserted save for two rather well groomed poodles, to the amusement of Dickie they proceeded to sniff and claw at my trouser leg, I made a dismissive gesture which they freely ignored.

¨Sair, sair¨said Dickie in a somewhat commanding tone – and they duly ran off.

¨Sam, there is a car waiting¨

I glanced outside to see a Mercedes - engine running and male driver who was looking our way.

¨Dickie¨ I started, aware of a huge lump in my throat.

¨Delcie, I must see Delcie¨

Sorry Sam¨ he said regretfully.

¨That is just not possible, you must forget her – forget me, for neither of us can ever return to Blazing Hills, it is doubtful whether we will see the year out – I am resigned to that, but in any event I could never return to Blazing Hills.¨

¨Just go home Sam and erase all of this from your memory, you must move on – OK.

I looked at him, his eyes were silent, but I could see that his soul was singing, the orchestra was internal, and he refused me access.¨ I plan to return, I will be re-united with Delcie¨

He viewed me passionately but vaguely, handed me a sealed envelope, said goodbye with a definite tear in his eye, and walked away….

I got into the back of the car and the driver edged the car effortlessly down the long driveway, through the triple electronically controlled cast iron gates and into the open road.

Within 10 minutes we were at the airfield, the Mercedes pulled up along side the Lear, which had PELZER INERNATIONAL emblazoned in black and gold across the fuselage. I walked up the few steps and entered the cabin, a uniformed man showed me to a red leather backed seat – and handcuffed my left hand to the arm rest.

I reached for my inside pocket and retrieved the letter which Dickie had given to me – I opened it….

My Dearest Sam – My Love,

My heart yearns for your presence, your closeness, your intimacy.

My soul is a desert, an infertile plain – a barren wasteland fills me, my lips long for yours – my body and soul craves our union.

My cup runneth over with hope my dearest Sam, with eternal unrelenting love.

My love, you must not consider returning here, but I ask of you one thing , and that is to look after Dickies son, William, I want you to look upon him as your own, for he is my son too.

Many years ago my love, I had a foolish tryst with Dickie, but William must not pay for my foolishness, and neither must you.

Do not doubt that we will be reunited someday, it is our destiny, it is as certain as tomorrow’s sunrise my love – but you must continue your life without me…

Our reunion is assured – but not on this earth.

I have provided for you and William, and remember I will always love you – forever….

Delcie…..

vegyjones
29th September 2004, 16:44
very good merl,

Where do i go from here... the world is my oyster! :D
Perhaps he goes to watch Leyton orient!
Perhaps they are European champions! :laugh

bigcumba
29th September 2004, 16:47
Perhaps they are European champions! :laugh

at Subbuteo maybe.... :D

vegyjones
29th September 2004, 17:09
Ain't it your job to keep this thread tidy BigC???

Coz you ain't doing a good job of it!! :laugh

bigcumba
29th September 2004, 17:11
Any more of that and I'll tidy you out the door.... :laugh

plater
29th September 2004, 17:14
Don't throw him out yet BigC, I want to see if I can grow a bit taller and lose some weight :D :wiggle:

Great stuff Merl / Vegy

vegyjones
29th September 2004, 17:22
Chapter 2 will probably involve playing chequers on your coat plater! :D

It's a new parliament version...
Chanceller of the ex - chequers! :laugh

You can be Gordon Brown! :D

Merlin
29th September 2004, 17:26
He will be back selling ice-cream in Palermo before the month is out :laugh

plater
29th September 2004, 17:27
I shall be obtaining new attire from my tailor soon, may even pinch Motty's sheepskin :D but don't tell the Boss :yikes: also the said attire will be soon festively decorated. :D

vegyjones
2nd October 2004, 23:47
I have provided for you and William, and remember I will always love you – forever….

Delcie…..

EPISODE 36

The journey back to Blazing Hills took quite some time. I had a lot of time to reflect about everything that had happened to me, and in particular, of Delcienne! The most astonishing woman I had ever met!

I was taken to the end of my street in a black Car with darkened windows! The driver opened my door and I got out. At which point, he got back in and drove off, leaving me standing there with nothing but my memories.

I walked down the street… dejected and close to tears. The one blessing of being home was that I could have a warm bath and relax in the comforts of my own home! I could do with a good night s rest before collecting my thoughts about my next step! On arriving at my home I turned to walk up the pathway and noticed that the door was open! I then remembered what had happened the last time I was here. My house had been ransacked. So much for relaxing…

I walked in and tried the light. It was still out. It was too dark to see what I was doing… but I had no money so couldn’t return to the motel I had been staying in! I shut the door and turned the lock. I wouldn’t be able to chubb the door as my keys were with the rest of my belongings… I had completely lost track of where these might be!

I slowly traded my way through the debris on the floor and made my way to the bedroom! I took of my shirt and fell on to the bed. I slipped my shoes off and stared at the ceiling. The moonlight was drifting through the window and lighting the ceiling!

A cars lights lit the wall as it drove sown the street outside. I remembered how this used to scare me when I was a youngster. The cars coming down the street and the shadows that they used to create on the walls! I puffed out a laugh, recalling my insecurities as a young boy!

Another car went by… but this time a shadow appeared that I hadn’t seen previously! Puzzled, I looked up. There was a figure of someone standing at the doorway! The hairs on the back of my neck stood and my heart began to beat a great deal faster. I edged over to the far side of the bed. I stood and glanced to my right to see if there was anything that I could grab a hold of… there wasn’t.

The man took a single step closer to me and his image enlightened in the moonlight.

“Hello Mister Clinton”…

To be continued!
Good luck Merl! :D

Merlin
3rd October 2004, 00:20
Brill - great stuff Veg.....

IAN57
23rd October 2004, 00:34
Do ya drink alot of Red Rum Veggie?

Merlin
23rd October 2004, 00:43
Do ya drink alot of Red Rum Veggie?

Lambs Navy, Ian lad, Lambs Navy.......

Merlin
8th December 2004, 16:55
Vegy - you write the next bit mate....it might motivate me.....:yikes:

vegyjones
8th December 2004, 17:06
Will do, but I was ounder the impression you were only motivated,
by a bit of Jack & Danny and the Rio Carnival! :D

Merlin
8th December 2004, 17:14
You will have to re-read the last 4 or 5 episodes to rememeber where we are.......you do that and I will have some Jack and Danny - lovely jubbly.........:laugh

vegyjones
8th December 2004, 17:46
The man took a single step closer to me and his image enlightened in the moonlight.

“Hello Mister Clinton”…

EPISODE 37

It was none other than Mat Hare. I remembered him from my school days… he really hadn’t changed much! He still had the same childish features that he used to have at Blazing Hills Comprehension! I just stood there staring at him… wondering just exactly he was doing here. He didn’t move… remained rooted to the spot as if he were a cemented statue. His baseball cap was raised and I could see the smoothness of his forehead, and his dark bushy eyebrows, almost with no parting in the middle. His eyes were slanted and transfixed at me as if he was in some sort of trance!

“Mat?” I asked inquisitively. It was definitely Mat, but there was nothing more reassuring then someone’s affirmation of a question. If nothing else, to make sure that I was still of sane mind… well, as sane as one’s mind could be after everything that had happened lately.

“Yes Sam, It’s me!” Mat responded with a smile that stretched across his face. He must have been trying to hold that serious face for as long as he could, because now that he was talking to me, he couldn’t wipe that grin from his face. To be honest, I was grateful; Mat was renowned for being a happy go lucky kind of a chap. Always smiling, and to see him here, smiling at me, made me feel safe and assured me that I was with someone who I could trust at last!

We shook hands and then embraced each other with a manly hug! A tear came to my eye as I recalled all the memories we had together. One in particular stood out; the time when we were a little too confident in ourselves. We were still yet to reach our teenage years, when we decided that we should take a look around the Oswald house. Leonard Oswald was the village weirdo… most towns have one. He would keep himself to himself, a really unsociable type. No one spoke to him and he spoke to no one. His house always had drawn curtains and rumours were always being fantasised about what went on in there. One day, Mat and me decided that we were going to find out! Taking a crow bar from mat’s old man’s toolbox, we broke in. The lights were off and everywhere was dark. We closed the door behind us and walked down the long narrow passage. We came to an open doorway, the kitchen was to our right and a closed cupboard door was to our left. Being the inquisitive types we opened the cupboard door. What we encountered on that dark November day still remains vividly in my mind today. Heaped on the floor at the back of the cupboard was the body of a young teenage girl Her head slumped into her chest and her arms loosely laying by her side. We ran, Mat and me, faster than we ever probably had before or would again, straight to our homes to tell our parents. We never saw Leonard Oswald after that day… and hopefully I never will again!

When we left school, Mat had joined the police force and I hadn’t seen or spoken to him since! Until now, that was… because here he was standing in my bedroom.

“What are you doing here?” I asked him.

“Well Sam” Mat said, in a similar tone to the serious one in which he had first greeted me. “I would love to say it was just a social visit, but it isn’t. I have been sent Sam, sent to make sure that you are okay and to make sure that you are in a fit state to help us”

I was confused; who had sent him and how could I help? I didn’t need to ask him… he had already begun to explain.

“I went into the police-force after school Sam. Well, that was over twelve years ago now and a lot has happened in that time. I have long since left the position of constable. I am a fast mover Sam… I have been working for secret government officials for the past 5 years Sam. An organisation so secret, that even MI5 and MI6 don’t know that we exist! I won’t kid you Sam… you will NOT be able to go back to your life after this… we can’t take the risk of you spreading the knowledge of us, no matter how much I trust you Sam, my bosses just wouldn’t allow it”

“Who are your bosses?” I asked

Mat gave out a small laugh.

“We are the best Sam!!! The best. We’ve had our eye on the Win2Win operation in Brazil that failed miserably. It looks like we are going to have to sort this out ourselves. You see Sam; we don’t get involved unless it is absolutely necessary! The time has come where it is right for us to intervene… we are an organisation called…

TO BE CONTINUED!

There you go Mr Merl... easy peasy! :D

plater
8th December 2004, 18:34
Bout bloody time :D

vegyjones
8th December 2004, 18:35
It takes time to get back from Brazil you know...

We all had jetlag! :D

Merlin
8th December 2004, 18:47
Well done Veg....great stuff..........now that youve introduced another chracter - Old Matt Hare......somebody will have to be deleted....:yikes:

:laugh.....well done....and as Plater said, about bloody time an all....

Merlin
15th December 2004, 16:04
“Who are your bosses?” I asked

Mat gave out a small laugh.

“We are the best Sam!!! The best. We’ve had our eye on the Win2Win operation in Brazil that failed miserably. It looks like we are going to have to sort this out ourselves. You see Sam; we don’t get involved unless it is absolutely necessary! The time has come where it is right for us to intervene… we are an organisation called…
....................................................................................................................

¨Webmaster – or WM for short…we have a working partnership with W2W….who usually help out with our American and Asian Operations, but it looks as if we have to intervene on this one, in fact it has become impossible for us to ignore.¨
¨We have sent in the infantry, lost a few good men, usual in operations like this…bit of a shame they didn’t take out more of the enemy, but they have done some damage, we were hoping for more of a breakthrough, but it didn’t happen….Now, you are the key to this Sam, and you must assist us in any way you can, we will be expecting a lot from you, are you ready? Can you do it Sam?¨

I attempted to digest everything that Matt had conveyed to me, but found I could hardly think straight, I just couldn’t piece everything together – my mind and thoughts were searching for puzzles of the jigsaw that appeared to be just not there.

I had witnessed executions and indeed have blood on my hands too, but it’s strange that I found it relatively easy to justify death by my own hand considering I had regarded myself as a non-violent pacifist. But, just like a dog trained to kill, I suppose that first taste of blood set the scene for what followed. I recalled how easy I had murdered my pursuer on the mountain roads of Blazing Hills, and if I was honest the almost thrill I had when my final move pushed driver and vehicle to the bottomless ravine.

I actually started to question my motive, was I really in this for love! Whatever was driving me was staying hidden, at least for the time being…

¨Listen Sam, I need to get a few things straight with you¨ said Matt matter of factly. ¨here’s the SP….¨ first of all I suggest you sit down, this could take a while he said knowingly.

I sat on the sofa eagerly awaiting the Matt Hare prognosis of events.
¨OK Sam, We know that you initially became involved in this through your relationship with Delcie, who through her late fathers company; Pelzer chemicals searching for the definitive aids vaccine – mainly due to a philanthropic moral may I add.¨

¨We at Webmaster believe this to be nonsense at worse and a moral misplacement at best. Mainly for two reasons , the first of which , as is being proved in this quest – there are those who want to get hold of the formula for their own financial gain, like the Giunchiglios, now this will always be the case Sam, there are always going to be those who are motivated by greed.¨

¨To cut the chase Sam, our organization can trace its formation back to 17th Century France, in essence to one of the most honorable Knights Templar, the great Kered.¨

.................................................................................................................

Lots of errors in the above Veg - but its better to get it DOWN....Havent finished this bit dont forget........:yikes:

sparkyminer
15th December 2004, 16:09
¨Webmaster................................... the great Kered.¨

Don't turn it into a comedy Merl. :D
Great stuff though. :)

vegyjones
15th December 2004, 16:10
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Merlin again.

:laugh

Merlin
15th December 2004, 16:17
Don't turn it into a comedy Merl. :D
Great stuff though. :)

Comedy me....:yikes: Come on Torchy:yikes:, you know I am a serious person....:laugh

Merlin
12th August 2005, 16:49
Gonna try and pick this up the weekend Veg - how the hell did I end up in 17th Century France......:laugh....................was the Great Kered an outrageous homosexual ? Or was it just the way he walked......:yikes:

Merlin
12th August 2005, 23:47
Been reading this again Veg - we have written ourselves into a corner :yikes:

It will take some getting out of.......but we shall try........:yikes:

samantha1303
23rd August 2005, 13:49
We are all waiting patiently

Merlin
29th August 2005, 18:05
We are all waiting patiently

..........................................................................................
¨To cut the chase Sam, our organization can trace its formation back to 17th Century France, in essence to one of the most honorable Knights Templar, the great Kered.¨
................................................................................................

Kered spent his whole life searching for the elixir of longevity, alas, he failed. But what he left was a kind of legacy, a legacy to prolong life through the eradication of disease.

He was actually disgraced at the end of his life, and exposed as a medieval pedophile, he just couldnt resist playing with the balls of the young templar apprentices – and he was guilotinned 3 miles outside Paris.

But Delcies father is a descendent of Kered the Ped (as he was later known)...and continued with the search for disease eradication through his company – Pelzer Chemicals.

I actually work for Pelzer – or rather, I work for a secret organisation within Pelzer, hence the importance of stopping the Aids formula from getting into the wrong hands...

Sam, the bottom line is we want you to return to Brazil 1 week from now, but first of all we have to prepare you! And prepare Dickie and Delcies son; William too...

¨What! Hang on a minute Matt, I am not taking William with me¨ I protested.

¨Oh yes you are Sam¨ said Mathare patronisingly

¨If you dont Delcie will be brown bread, as sure as eggs are eggs¨

I was just about to protest further when there was a knock on the door.

Over to you Vegster, sorry for the short installment but its better to re-start with a couple of paras than none at all...:yikes:

vegyjones
29th August 2005, 22:42

Might be a couple of days... Have to do a bit of back reading :laugh
Uless Alex wants to complete an installment to show us how it's done :laugh :laugh

Merlin
30th August 2005, 01:01
Why are we waiting :laugh

Merlin
30th August 2005, 01:33
Do you want me to write a bit more , give you a chance to catch up.......

Need to catch up meself though...:yikes:

Dont worry too much, this is bound to be a patchwork quilt....................have to get S...to do a bit of sewing............

vegyjones
1st September 2005, 12:08
I was just about to protest further when there was a knock on the door.

EPISODE 40…

“Yep” Shouted Mat!

Then the door started to open. Mat stood up and walked to the door! In walked a tall, well-dressed man holding a suitcase. His face was expressionless. A poker face, if ever the expression was suited to someone, it was to this man! Mat on the other hand, had that very familiar big grin on his face. It was clear from Mat that the two had met previously. Not from this man though, they shook hands enthusiastically but still his face remained devoid of any expression!

“Sam, meet my very good friend Bruce, but we all call him ‘The Whisper’ ”

I rose and offered my hand in greeting but he remained still, not returning the gesture. I pulled my hand back, looking at Mat, confused.

“You have put yourself and us in a very difficult position Sam.”

If ever there was an opening line to a conversation to leave you stunned and completely confused, then that was it!

“I’m sorry!” I mumbled.

“We will be leaving for Brazil in one week Sam” continued Bruce! “With or without your cooperation, you will be joining us on that trip! Until then, I have been assigned to escort you Sam. Wherever you go I will be at your side I don’t wish to alarm you but we have reports that an attempt will be made on your life before the week is up Sam, I am here to make sure that doesn’t happen! You must embrace yourself to put up with stressful situations. But, I am experienced and can and will protect you! You must have complete faith in me Sam; you must trust me with your life.”

I was a bit taken aback, but to be honest, this didn’t come as a surprise. I knew that when Mat brought me here, I would have to become involved yet again! At least I wouldn’t be on my own!

“Where do I go between now and next week?” I asked…

“Where no one would ever expect you to be Sam” started Bruce, “We are going to…”

TO BE CONTINUED…

samantha1303
1st September 2005, 12:12
Am I still alive?

mathare
1st September 2005, 12:13
Am I still alive?Looks like it, as am I :D

samantha1303
1st September 2005, 12:15
There were two Sams though so now I don't know

Merlin
1st September 2005, 20:15
Nice one Veg.............

Yer still alive Sam - but captured in Brazil(or possibly under siege):yikes:, along with BigC and Taff (Mark) .

Dead........

John was shot by Plater :yikes:
SILAX and Alex died in the missionary position :yikes: :laugh

bigcumba
2nd September 2005, 01:32
SILAX and Alex died in the missionary position :yikes: :laugh

I always said that too much abstract Spanish jazz was bad for your health!

plater
2nd September 2005, 08:11
John was shot by Plater :yikes:

:dead sorry John :D

vegyjones
4th October 2006, 11:45
“Where do I go between now and next week?” I asked…

“Where no one would ever expect you to be Sam” started Bruce, “We are going to…”

TO BE CONTINUED…

EPISODE 41

"I have a contact in North Wales. We will be staying with him until time is right to jo."

"Jo?" I asked looking at Mat

"Jet Out!" said Bruce looking irritated by my interruption.

"Who's this contact?" I asked, knowing that from the look of Bruce, another interruption could well result in a physical beating! I braced myself.

"That is not for you to know" said Bruce. "You may hear us refer to him as Boss. He is one of the most powerful men in the country. He leads all our operations from his supercomputer in his home. You will be blindfolded and drugged onboard the plane. This is to keep his exact location a secret!"

I was beginning to feel that I was not so much a participant in this project, more of a carrot on a stick!

Of all the places to hideout. A nice relaxing week on a beach at Malaga or Crete would have been nice. I end up in grotty Wales, and to top that, the North of Wales which is even more utterly depressing than the South!

"So is there anything to do at this place?" I asked thinking of how I could entertain myself.

"Do!" said Mat. "Hey man, I think you've forgotten the situation you're in. You won't be Doo-ing anything! I think the boss might have a Rubix cube you can play with though!" Mat laughed at his own joke. No one else did, and so he stopped abruptly.

"Come on" said Bruce looking at his huge chunky silver wristwatch. "It's time to go!"

I began to walk towards the door... Bruce help his hand up to my chest to stop me.

"We're not goiung that way" he said.

TO BE CONTINUED...