PDA

View Full Version : Linda Smith

tophatter
22nd August 2004, 22:08
If this woman is not the funniest comiediene around at the moment then i want to watch the woman who is.

I would ask her to marry me if i could, just for her intelligent brand of humour - she is as sharp as a tack.

MarcusMel
22nd August 2004, 22:12
Where when?

Intelligence so hard to come by these days:D

Probably why I'm here most of the time this place has intelegence written all over it:D

tophatter
22nd August 2004, 22:15
She does a lot of radio work, but has appeared on tv shows such as Have i got news for you, they think its all over etc.
I would describe her humour as very much like Paul Merton but i think she is even better than him. She has done Endinbrugh fringe shows and im hoping to go and see her in october at the Warwick Art centre. A very clever and funny lady and those two things make any woman very attractive in my eyes.

MarcusMel
22nd August 2004, 22:21
A very clever and funny lady and those two things make any woman very attractive in my eyes.
Yep total agree - where is samantha hiding?

bigcumba
22nd August 2004, 22:59
Endinbrugh

You been drinking TH? Is that any where near Edinburgh by any chance... :wink damn, I sound like a geography expert.... next thing I'll be listening to abstract jazz, and sticking large phallic tobacco sticks in my mouth and setting them on fire..... :D

tophatter
22nd August 2004, 22:59
:laugh :laugh :laugh

sparkyminer
23rd August 2004, 00:13
You been drinking TH? Is that any where near Edinburgh by any chance... :wink damn, I sound like a geography expert.... next thing I'll be listening to abstract jazz, and sticking large phallic tobacco sticks in my mouth and setting them on fire..... :D
Very, very funny. Nice one BC. :laugh

Jonny2621
23rd August 2004, 00:46
Very, very funny. Nice one BC. :laugh

As they say on the Fast Show Jazz skit "Niiiiiiicccceeeeeee" :)

roundisland
23rd August 2004, 08:19
I know this might sound sad to some, but as a child Norman Wisdom would make me laugh out loud :JK .. not the most sophisticated humour, but I was just a child. I will listen out for Linda Smith and see if she does it for me.

roundisland

tovarich
23rd August 2004, 12:57

Hey, Big C, How do you know the correct way to spell Auld Reekie, I thought you came from Glesca??? :wiggle:

bigcumba
23rd August 2004, 19:27
Ah Tovarich, I'm actually from Airdrie, so lean towards Glasgow rather than Edinburgh - I like both cities for very different reasons.... most of them involving pubs! :)

bigcumba
23rd August 2004, 19:28
as a child Norman Wisdom would make me laugh out loud :JK roundisland

He still makes me laugh - very funny guy, and a real national treasure!

tovarich
24th August 2004, 17:48
Ah Tovarich, I'm actually from Airdrie, so lean towards Glasgow rather than Edinburgh - I like both cities for very different reasons.... most of them involving pubs! :)

Best pubs are in Leith, where I grew up!!!

Onlyforfun
24th August 2004, 22:20
Best pubs are in Leith, where I grew up!!!
Best???

Best for getting stabbed

Best for hiring a hit man

Best for getting Mickey Finned

Best to buy a gun / drugs / hooker

etc, etc

:laugh :laugh

bigcumba
24th August 2004, 22:43
Best to buy a gun / drugs / hooker

:laugh :laugh

And that's the same woman! :yikes:

tovarich
25th August 2004, 08:11
And that's the same woman! :yikes:

So you've met Crazy Maisie then? :D

bigcumba
25th August 2004, 18:23
There was a crazy Maisie type used to drink in the Sarry Heid in Glasgow - party trick was to go up to unsuspecting folk and ask 'whit ur you lookin at' and pluck her glass eye out and chuck it in the guys drink.... :yikes: of course he wouldn't want the drink after that and she got it for free! Used to see her sitting on the pavement outside after she'd been chucked out... singing away and insulting anyone who went within 10 yards of her... :)

tovarich
26th August 2004, 08:14
There was a crazy Maisie type used to drink in the Sarry Heid in Glasgow - party trick was to go up to unsuspecting folk and ask 'whit ur you lookin at' and pluck her glass eye out and chuck it in the guys drink.... :yikes: of course he wouldn't want the drink after that and she got it for free! Used to see her sitting on the pavement outside after she'd been chucked out... singing away and insulting anyone who went within 10 yards of her... :)

So you've met ma mither then! :geek

bigcumba
26th August 2004, 18:48
:laugh :laugh :laugh

tophatter
25th November 2004, 23:38
She is on question time now :)

tophatter
25th November 2004, 23:44
Linda smith that is...not crazy Maize. Sorry big c! :)

Onlyforfun
26th November 2004, 10:32
Can't comment specifically as I've never seen her, but female stand-up comedians just don't work for me.

tophatter
26th November 2004, 13:45
They dont normally work for me either OFF. Like I think I said earlier the comedian I would liken her most to is a young Paul Merton before he got lazy.

tophatter
5th December 2004, 22:37
I believe she was on have I got news for you Friday which is being repeated tonight at 10.00pm on bbc2

mathare
5th December 2004, 22:48
Cheers TH. I missed that the other day so I will watch the repeat and let you know what I think

tophatter
1st March 2006, 00:18
Unfortunatley Linda died today at the age of 48. :(

Very sad new as i think she was the funniest female comedian I have ever seen and she seemed a very nice person too.

Fadetoblack
1st March 2006, 00:32
When I started reading this thread and saw the date I had a feeling that this was going to be the outcome. Very sad indeed.

mathare
1st March 2006, 10:25
I was going to mention this as I read about it in the paper today. Very sad indeed.

It was cancer that took her I believe

tovarich
1st March 2006, 11:18
Very sad, I liked her a lot.:(

mat_s99
1st March 2006, 13:57
Terrible news she was a real gem

tophatter
11th March 2006, 22:45
BBC2 from 10.30pm tonight are showing two shows she appeared in - Have I got news for you and an episode of room 101. I have not seen the room 101 episode so im looking forward to that and as she puts Tim Henman and adults who read Harry Potter books in there I think it will live up to expectations :)