PDA

View Full Version : New to this forum. any help greatly appreciated

den123
15th September 2004, 23:58
hi guys. i'm new to this forum and new to horse racing in general. like most beginners i got into it by using the 'increase your stake until you back a winner' system (not sure what its really called). i made about a hundred quid, but on a couple of occasions nearly lost the whole bank, so i decided to quit this system while i'm ahead.

anyway i started reading this forum and notice that the best system to use is the pro losers. i'm thinking of becoming a member, but just have a few questions about the system. firstly are the instructions easy to follow because i'm a beginner to all this and may not understand some of the concepts, like what horses to place a bet on and how much to bet. also, with a bank of around £500, what profits will i make on average.

thanks in advance

tophatter
16th September 2004, 00:12
Hi Den,

Welcome to the forum. The pro-losers is a very successful laying system and is relatively straightforward to get the hang of. Plenty of advice in the hidden members forum for beginners with staking plans and plenty of one to one help from other foirum members who help each other out.

A £500 bank is plenty enough and i would actually recommend you start with a bank of £200 for at least a couple of months until you get the hang of things and then if you want you can always add to the bank when you are fully comfortable with what you are doing.

It can be a rollercoaster at times but it is exciting and you have an interest in the majority of races through the day, the buzz you get is equal to if not greater than backing horses to win.

Just take a look round the free forum and you will see its a pretty helpful and friendly place and the members forum is equally friendly and helpful to both Newbies and people who have been betting for years.

All the best

Tophatter :)

vegyjones
16th September 2004, 00:20
Laying is done using the exchanges Den... Betfair being the most popular!

Keith selects a whole load that he has spent ages looking at, going through loads of stats and information, so most days are successful!

I would imagine, starting with a £200 bank,
you would be almost into the 000's by March!

There are also lots of profitable backing systems, available to members!

So either way you won't be disappointing!

Plus lots of good advice about racing, betting etc!

Plus loads of great people on the forum!

Except Tophatter... he is a Luton fan! :laugh

tophatter
16th September 2004, 00:28
you still smarting over carl Griffiths joining the mighty hatters vegy? A good goalscorer but injury prone and now at Heybridge swifts i believe. You want to get that Steve Sitton (i think that is the guy) as manager. Did you ever see that documentary called when managers go mad and there was a clip of him asking one of the players into the car park for a scrap at half time and he said something like "and you can bring your sandwiches with you too" Surreal stuff :)

vegyjones
16th September 2004, 00:32
John Sitton...

"And if you want to come back at me, you can bring your dad, and your dinner coz you'll :censored: need it when I'm finished with you"

Poor chap... his joint manager Chris Turner, now plying his trade with Sheffield Wednesday! :wink

I have the documentary on video... Yours for a Fiver!

Carl Griffiths still at Heybridge!... Super, Super Carl, Super, Super Carl, Super, Super Carl, Super Carl Griffiths! Always fondly remembered!

What about Ahmet Brkovic!.. Still doing the biz... Orient reject! :D

tophatter
16th September 2004, 00:44
oh yes Brko the guy with the missing vowel.

The Croation sensation is still at Luton and is our second leading scorer with 3 goal. He has a deceptive lack of pace (ive seen milkcarts turn quicker than him) and dodgy blonde highlites but he aint a bad player and always does a job. He has promised us 10 goals this season and how we all laughed but has 3 already and was voted Man of Match on saturday!

As for the video, for a fiver i want the actual football club!

vegyjones
16th September 2004, 10:00
I wasn't offering it to you TH,

that was the name of the documentary!
Based on our chairman's desparation that he tongue in cheek siad that if he was offered a fiver for the club,
he wouldn't be able to refuse it!

So there we were, ready to be wound up, even the coach company wanted paying up front!

That's when Barry Hearn stepped in... saviour!
Some people have short memories though... he has been given a load of grief!

And for what! Saving a struggling 3rd division team!

Oh well! :D

peza2605
16th September 2004, 14:41
luton and orient fans eh? hate each other more than celtic and rangers!

peza2605
16th September 2004, 14:42
ps just heard on skysports news your two clubs are merging to become luton orient.....

i know i know i have only just got up you know? :rolleyes:

peza2605
16th September 2004, 14:43
pps den... do the lays.... great stuff

tophatter
16th September 2004, 14:45
If we merge we can take two word from each club to form the new name

From L.T.F.C we will take the L and the T.
and from L.O.F.C. we will take the F and the C

vegyjones
16th September 2004, 14:46
:laugh

A pre season friendly between Billericay and Slough (I think)
was abandoned on police advice as they had information
that a group of Leyton Orient fans were intending to cause trouble at the game!

This was a preseason friendly!
Two no league teams!

Police later confirmed that their information was rubbish!

Made me laugh! :D

peza2605
16th September 2004, 14:47
veg can get attachments ...ready to roll...

vegyjones
16th September 2004, 14:49
If we merge we can take two word from each club to form the new name

From L.T.F.C we will take the L and the T.
and from L.O.F.C. we will take the F and the C

Or we can halve the words,

we can have LEY from Leyton, and TON from Luton!
Then the O from Town and the RIENT from Orient

Hold on... that makes Leyton Orient! :D

Did you hear!

A bomb has exploded at Kenilworth Road (Luton's Ground)

Police said, it made £100,000 punds worth of improvements! :D

vegyjones
16th September 2004, 14:50
veg can get attachments ...ready to roll...

Great :D , how did you sort it...

It might be able to help others!

peza2605
16th September 2004, 14:55
dunno just there at bottom of email.

vegyjones
16th September 2004, 14:56
Okay... that's excellent Peza! :D

den123
17th September 2004, 00:45
thanks for the info guys. will definately join in the coming weeks when i get a bit more time

bigcumba
17th September 2004, 07:19
I'm surprised you could find the useful info after your thread was hijacked by the Luton / Orient factions up to their usual handbags at 20 paces stuff! :laugh Welcome to the forum though Den - as you can see it can be fun round these parts!