PDA

View Full Version : The Golf HQ

mathare
28th October 2004, 13:25
I don't play golf (I tried a few holes with some mates at Center Parcs several years ago and didn't really enjoy myself) so you may think I am a little odd praising an online shop that mainly sells golfing equipment. Well, they don't just sell golf stuff, for some bizarre reason they also sell poker chips.

Mid-afternoon on Tuesday I ordered 1000 11.5g chips with aluminium case and I have just taken delivery of them. They are beautiful and well packaged. The case is nice and sturdy, as it needs to be to contain all that weight. I even got a couple of new decks of cards, 5 dice and a couple of dealer buttons thrown in too.

I haven't even got to the best bit yet - the price. £99.99. That is cheap for quality poker chips. You will see sets on Ebay selling for a lot more than that. And most of the sets on Ebay involve massive postage charges, some even involve customs charges since they are shipped from the Far East. The postage charges on these chips? Zero. Yep, free P&P.

Just under a hundred quid for enough chips for you to have a great home poker game with loads of your mates. Good chips make a big difference to the game and these are the best I have found at an amazing price.

Have a look for yourself...

http://www.thegolfhq.com/Products.asp?CategoryID=55

markwales
28th October 2004, 15:14
I told you so !!! :)

A superb outfit for poker chips.

mathare
28th October 2004, 15:16
I knew as soon as I saw you had replied it would be an "I told you" type reply :laugh

Fair play, you did tell me though so I can't complain. I had only spotted them (thegolfhq) on Ebay before you told me they had their own site so for that I thank you most heartily

TheOldhamWhisper
28th October 2004, 18:29
I have a set of chips and also the table top - I can recommend both VERY highly - for the price, they are a snip! Beware though - the table top is quite heavy but comes in a well made carrycase for easy transport.

Any serious poker player would be happy playing on the table with the chips!