PDA

View Full Version : Which Digital Camera Please ?

susanwells
1st December 2004, 19:04
Can anyone recommend ? I have a FUJI A202 but need to upgrade and I`ve not been happy with Fuji support. (not that I suppose anyone else`s is any better,..)
I don`t want top of the range hi-tec but a simple to use camera which will take really good pics to upload onto the laptop..
any suggestions ? also, roughly how much I should expect to pay.. :hearty

Win2Win
1st December 2004, 19:13
Erm...Fuji :doh A few of on here have them and never have problems, and I've found them to be the best after testing amny of them.

susanwells
1st December 2004, 19:58
FUJI.. good cameras, poor customer support.. meanwhile, which FUJI would anyone recommend if I want a camera not a customer server. :hearty

Jonny2621
1st December 2004, 20:20
Pentax Optio is incrediblke camera, the size of an old cassette, nice zoom, takes the SD cards which are cheap and plentiful and above all takes nice pics. I have tested it with several hundred photos of my daughter.

Id recommend it, have a look on Amazon, they do good prices fo rit, there may be even be a new version out by now.

Good luck Susan

Jon

John
1st December 2004, 20:25
Kodak make good cameras, although I was fortunate enough to pick the one that had a flash bulb life of three months! It was easy to get that sorted though, and the camera works a treat, can't complain. Other than that I've heard that Olympus cameras are also high quality.

phil_999
1st December 2004, 21:54
Hi, I have a Fuji Finepix 6800Z, I've had it for a couple of years now but i think they still do the finepix line. I cannot say enough good things about it never had any problems with the camera or the software that comes with it, camera is just right not to technical but does all the good stuff, easy to operate, which is good for a fool like me :)
I think if I had to get another camera it would definately be a Fuji.

P.S I'm not on comission neither do I work for Fuji I just like them. :)

GlosRFC
2nd December 2004, 00:01
Have to admit that my Fuji S602Zoom has given sterling service for a couple of years now, so much so that I've never had to bother with their after-sales service. Tried other makes such as Olympus, but they've had a tendency to just stop working. However I'm considering investing in the new Minolta Dynax 7D - having owned a Dynax 9i for years I'm looking forward to getting my mitts on one of these and the spec looks superb. Plus I can use all of my Minolta lenses with it.

Win2Win
2nd December 2004, 00:02
My Fuji S5000 is bloody amazing, I wouldn't swap it 25,000 pesos :doh

GlosRFC
2nd December 2004, 00:14
I don't know...this page might get you drooling, Keith

http://konicaminolta.com/products/consumer/digital_camera/slr/dynax-7d/

jollyjayne
2nd December 2004, 00:22
I was well impressed with my Fuji S5000.
The only disadvantage is it is a bit bulky to go in your pocket etc.
But that`s a small price to pay for 10x optical zoom and many other features.
The features are there if you want them but the "auto" setting is perfect for 99% of the time

Win2Win
2nd December 2004, 10:10
The S5000 has more thingy ma jiggies than that one, as well as it connects to my scope and automatically sets itself for pics 1,000's of light years away :) And anything it can't do I use the camcorder with 23x zoom :) Great for those beaches :butthead: