PDA

View Full Version : Tainer / Jockey fave system research

Jonny2621
23rd December 2004, 12:34
Just because there is no racing doesnt mean we stop working chaps, im on a ten day break so i have to do someting to keep me occupied !

I have collated stats for best and worse jockeys / trainers with favourites as the basis for a lay the fave system trial for 2005.

The problem is how to run the system. The individula jockeys and trainers show -50% ROI for riding favourites in 2004. I will look further back over the Xmas period but there are still a fair few races covered by the stats i have and that may be the starting point for a decent system.

I am looking at a system that combines the two, ie if a horse has both bad jockey and trainer for favourites. Is there any way to check the days raceards for this info or is simply,( i wish it was Ooo ) a matter of reading each race card and checking against a list ?

Any techies with any ideas to help ? Spreadsheet or website perhaps ? Highly unlikely i know but i love my systems and i have too little free time.

Cheers guys and Happy Christmas to everyone on the best racing forum there is :)

Jon

Win2Win
23rd December 2004, 12:37
You can do it with RSB :)

Jonny2621
23rd December 2004, 12:46
Can you indeed, do i need the full monty system for that ?

I have RX like BigC which is basic but profitable, its drawback is its based on ratings and sometimes that is too restrictive.
thanks Keith

Jon

Merlin
23rd December 2004, 13:04
An old mate of mine produced lots of Stats regarding this Jon.....only concentrating on the turf though.....and more specifically 2 year olds......his records showed that he made enough during 4 months of betting to take the rest of the year off....(he is a retired teacher anyway - so didnt work).....

all his bets were odds-on favourites....the exchanges were just beginning then so no stats on lays.....but potentially the lay part was low risk and lucrative.....

Only problem is I have mislaid or lost is e-mail address....:yikes:.....

I will try and dig it -up, but couldnt find it when I looked recently as I wanted to contact him about some stats myself....:yikes:

Anyway - have a look at the odds-on shots......which many people wrongly asume you cant make money betting.......their wrong.....:yikes:

Jonny2621
23rd December 2004, 13:40
The stats i worked on didnt show odds on faves Merl but the mate who put me on to this said that was where he was making big profits before he moved to Oz.

Trainers are the likes of Pipe and Akehurst with Culhane, Nicholls and Gibson on the jockey side. Some individuals showed -68% on levels for faves. I dont have stats for the combination yet. That might make interesting reading !

So should RSB be on my shopping list then if this is the way i want to go ?

Cheers
Jon

Win2Win
23rd December 2004, 13:59
If you have RSB you'll be researching till your last breath :)

The NH version is easier for system construction, but the Flat has much more useful variables, such as trainer/jockey form for last 8,15 & 30 runners.