PDA

View Full Version : KT Tunstall

John
18th January 2005, 03:29
What can I say - She's superb.

Almost the female version of Jamie Cullum with a touch of Gwen Stefani/Natasha Bedingfield about her.

Catchy acoustic riffs and an amazing voice.

I'm going to buy her album tomorrow - Eye To The Telescope.

BigC and the rest of you, check her out! :D

John
1st February 2005, 12:23
The music industry is forced to urgently produce a colossal number of further copies to as the Win2Win Racing Community flock to the high streets to get their hands on this rare influential piece of genius. :doh

John
20th May 2005, 22:26
Superb superb superb... just seen her live... amazing... stunning... unique... great voice... single? :D :D

bigcumba
20th May 2005, 22:38
Watch later with Jools Holland tonight at 1135... the wonderful Robert Plant is on with his new band... very much looking forward to that!

John
20th May 2005, 23:48
How's that for timing. :D Thanks mate. :)

bigcumba
21st May 2005, 07:36
That was a good show last night, Robert Plant was brilliant, the voice was still in great nick, the new band were hot, and 2 new songs that proved that after nealry 40 years he still has something new to offer. Plus an added bonus of a totally revamped version of the old Zep classic "When The Levee Breaks" to end the show. AThlete were good as well - reckon they'll be huge this next year or so. The Fall - musically they were brilliant, but I can't stand Mark E Smith, never have liked him, pity really as the band are great....

John
21st May 2005, 14:11
I saw Athlete at V last year and they were really good, I also bought their new album t'other week as well. I'd never heard of The Fall or Robert Plant before!

bigcumba
21st May 2005, 14:34
Blimey, never heard of Robert Plant!! :yikes: You youngsters.... :D Only the singer with Led Zep, and 25 years worth of great solo stuff since then.... he released a great double CD best of last year - worth getting hold of as it has a good selection of his solo bits through the years, but the new album is a classic already. I keep writing him off as having lost the voice a bit, but every time he does something different he comes up with the goods. He sounded brilliant last night - he's a master of using his voice to the best of it's ability - the raw power of 30 years ago might not be there any more, but he knows how to get the best from what he has now. A real legend!

The Fall - they've been around over 25 years now - they came out of the 'post-punk' thing at the end of the 70's and were a huge favourite of the late John Peel. Always different, usually controversial, like I said the music is usually good, but I can't take the voice.... he just grates on me!

Athlete - I'm going to check out more of them later, will have to get the album!

John
21st May 2005, 15:54
Different generations Campbell. :D

I know quite a bit of Led Zep but never knew anything about the band, I guess that's ignorance whichever way you look at it but all I was interested in was the quality of the music!

Apparently Ben Folds was on Johnathon Ross, so try and watch it tonight if you missed it last night (if it is still repeated on saturdays).

Anyway back to Miss Tunstall... buy her album whilst you're buying Athlete! :)

bigcumba
21st May 2005, 16:00
Talkin' 'bout my generation.... now there's an idea for a tune.... :D

Yes, I must check out KT as well, only heard a little and sounded very good. I'll try and catch the Jonathan Ross repeat as well - quite like what I heard of the BFF before.

Have you been watching the Soul Deep series on Beeb 2 on Saturday nights - part 3 tonight, first 2 have been excellent, lots of early (and best) Ray Charles, and a bit of James Brown as well, plus Sam Cooke and Solomon Burke.... I think tonight may be more Motown, with Diana Ross and the Supremes in the trailer, could be a lot of her in tonights prog. Worth watching for all the old footage....:)

John
21st May 2005, 16:05
Nope, haven't been watching that I'm afraid, but will try and catch tonight's!

Talkin' bout my generation...... The Who were excellent. :D

Off to watch the second half of the cup final now but will talk more about this later. :)