PDA

View Full Version : Planned Site/Forum Downtime

Win2Win
11th February 2005, 09:38
I have booked the site to be moved to a dedicated server on the 15th February at around 10pm, so everything will go OFFLINE.

This will ensure better reliabilty, and much faster processing.

Although the job only takes an hour, the DNS needs to update, and may take a few hours. It is different for everyone, depending on location and ISP. It may update within an hour, some take 24hrs.

In case of problems I will use the mirror site as a backup so please take a note of this address, or you will not be able to access it.
www.win2win.co.uk

Moves in the past have gone smoothly, and average up time for the DNS has been 3 hrs. In the event it takes longer, the members info will be given out on www.win2win.co.uk

I will email all forums members to remind you of the above.

silax
11th February 2005, 12:09
cheers

Win2Win
15th February 2005, 19:20
I still haven't received verification if the move is going ahead tonight, so if it goes off around 10pm you know why!

Remember to take note of the above address in case something goes wrong.

Win2Win
15th February 2005, 23:24
Well, if it doesn't happen Tuesday night, it'll be Wednesday or Thursday night, but definitely this week....famous last words..... Ooo

vegyjones
15th February 2005, 23:52
It's still working :doh

Win2Win
16th February 2005, 09:00
:doh

Now the email address I am registered with HostRocket has been down for 48hrs, so I've received no info from them.

They did say it was going ahead at 5pm EST yesterday, and that it would be seamless, so maybe it happened with no hitch. I think maybe the DNS is controlled their end, so the global one's didn't need changing.

Have contacted them, but as long as we are still up, whatever......

Win2Win
16th February 2005, 23:06
FANTASTICO.....
Win2Win is now on the new server, although forum users may be able to tell by the vastly improved loading speed.

A bit late doing the site update tonight as I had to get my head around a few thousand new options to control the server!! Some look very dangerous, so I'll have Vegy check them out :yikes:

mathare
16th February 2005, 23:07
Shame Ladbrokes won't sort their server out :(

The poker rooms keep falling over

vegyjones
16th February 2005, 23:18
I'll have Vegy check them out :yikes:

I'll check em out Keith...

now drop your trousers and I'll have a feel around! :laugh

presto
16th February 2005, 23:48
I'll check em out Keith...

now drop your trousers and I'll have a feel around! :laugh

and he wonders why people call him mr pink :)

Win2Win
16th February 2005, 23:51
:laugh

GlosRFC
17th February 2005, 00:04
Much speedier at this end although some posts seem to have vanished. I'm assuming they were posts made in-between transferring a back-up of the site to the new server and it coming online.

Win2Win
17th February 2005, 00:12
Hope it is, otherwise I'm confused as everyone else :doh

GlosRFC
17th February 2005, 00:22
No problem. I think I remembered all of the quiz answers that got zapped and I've re-edited the answers again.

e55exboi
17th February 2005, 00:52
Ah yes, no getting stuck for 10 minutes every page load. Glad we're rid of that 99.5% reliable (ye BULL) server

Win2Win
17th February 2005, 09:07
This one is 99.5 as well :doh, the vast majority in the industry are, but this one has a one hour fix time, hardware included.

Apologies for a few posts going missing, I should really have switched the board off, but then it would have been off until I got up the following day, and I know some of you a bit weird if you don't get your forum fix!!