PDA

View Full Version : Odds on lays?

Bradders
11th February 2005, 11:38
Just out of interest I just wondered if anyone has ever tested a system laying odds on favourite at say.. 1/2 or shorter? I've noticed so many of these seem to get turned over and if no one knows whether this has any potential or not I thought I'd maybe test it on here.

There again it may be another crap idea! :rolleyes:

presto
11th February 2005, 14:21
havn't looked at this long term, but recently fav's have been doing terribly and winning way less than they should be, this should alter to even out the % of winning favs. so that is possibly why the 1.50 shots have been getting beat recently, - i would look at full year stats first before starting anything.

lowe1
11th February 2005, 14:39
talkin about odds on losing races lately, i have noticed a bit of a trend and i am trying something out on races with 5 or less runners in

so far i have done two races in the last two weeks basically i pick everey horse in a 10p combination forcast which total cost is two pound. the two races so far i have returns of £12 and £9 so a profit of £17 though as you can see from the race i have done today the potential to win £1000 is there i am going to keeping doing these 10p forcasts to see how long it takes for a decent pay out

the first race i done the potential profit was £256 but i got back £12 as the odds (kato star) on came second to a 20/1 if i keep doing 10p forcasts i will need to do 128 races at £2 a forcast to reach £256 spent surley as a fun bet after 128 races i should have considerable profit ????

as im knew to racing i'm sure some of better gamblers can say its a easte of time or not :doh

the bet i have done today is below

Bet Reference: 386/397 £0.10 Combination F'cast
Channel: Web
Event Market Selection Price Status
Bangor 15:25 Outright Betting Loup Charter DIV
Bangor 15:25 Outright Betting Reflected Glory DIV
Bangor 15:25 Outright Betting Bobby Brown DIV
Bangor 15:25 Outright Betting Dante'S Back DIV
Bangor 15:25 Outright Betting Rowan Castle DIV
Potential return: £1,273.41