PDA

View Full Version : Fly the Shuttle

Win2Win
24th February 2005, 13:35
Came across this the other day and have been playing with it ever since http://www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/~martins/orbit/orbit.html

It's 100% free space sim, open source, with brilliant graphics. you get to fly the shuttle, land it, whizz around the planets. You don't get many things of this quality free these days.

GlosRFC
24th February 2005, 14:42
I remember the original Shuttle Simulator that came out in the mid-80's. Pretty impressive even then with the CGA graphics although, playing it in real-time mode, meant that you'd spend a week waiting for the SRBs to be rolled out to the gantry and a further 12 hours undertaking pre-flight checks.

Win2Win
24th February 2005, 14:44
I used to play that as well. Seemed cool back then :)

John
24th February 2005, 14:45
http://www.win2winracing.com/forum/images/smilies/cwm24.gif

I'm so going to download this.

Thanks Keith.

GlosRFC
24th February 2005, 14:56
I used to play that as well. Seemed cool back then :)

Still got it and it also runs under XP too :yikes:

This looks good but the downloads are pretty huge. Might have to leave the thing running overnight.

Win2Win
24th February 2005, 17:32
Only took 2mins on my 2MB download :)

markwales
24th February 2005, 17:32
Looks excellent, however more buttons than up,down, left, right and shoot to control a game sends me into confusion!!!!

Triede the MS Flight Simulator a few years back, lasted one hour on my PC before being uninstalled never to see the light of day again.

Win2Win
24th February 2005, 17:35
The MS Flight Sim now is brill. Glad to know I can land the damn plane if the hijackers shoot the aircrew :)

bigcumba
24th February 2005, 20:04
I had a go at the Flight sim as well Mark.... could take off, and crash into the twin towers, as you did back then :yikes: but couldn't land the buggers.... at least not in one piece! The Train Sim is better... but very very processor hungry.... The old DOS Space Sim from MS was a good one as well, nice SVGA graphics if you had a decent enough card to handle it

plater
24th February 2005, 20:29
Still trying to master the Racing Sim, but I keep on Crashing & Burning :D