PDA

View Full Version : Program Removal

John
2nd March 2005, 22:03
Hello,

I'm trying to remove Adobe Premiere through Add/Remove Programs, but whenever I try, the initialiser initialises, but the uninstaller doesn't initialise afterwards, and nothing happens.

Without going through the registry, is there another way I can remove it completely? I'm competent with the registry but I don't want to screw up the other Adobe programs installed on my PC.

GlosRFC
2nd March 2005, 22:15
What I'd do is copy the files from the relevant directory in Program Files, then just delete the entries in the Start list. Providing that doesn't screw up your other Adobe programs you can then delete the temporary directory you made.

Might need to do a few other things like checking the contents of the Start Up directory and deleting desktop icons too but that should pretty much do the trick.

The alternatives are to do a system restore...or just leave it.

GlosRFC
2nd March 2005, 22:17
And I think there are other program removers available. Try a search on tucows.

John
2nd March 2005, 22:24
I got annoyed and deleted the program files entry for Premiere. It seemed to remove it, once it was already removed. :doh

Cheers for the help anyway Glos. :)

GlosRFC
2nd March 2005, 22:30
There is a program that will clear your Registry of Adobe Premiere items.

ftp://ftp.pinnaclesys.de/driver/pc/Regdelete/ver60/RegDelete.exe

John
3rd March 2005, 00:37
Cheers G, I downloaded a program called Registry Cleaner a while back and I think that has more or less cleared me up. I'll give this one a look though.