PDA

View Full Version : Section Purpose and Rules

MarcusMel
3rd March 2005, 12:12
The idea of this section is simple.
You start ONE thread with 1000 points/pounds. Before a race starts you put up your selections and update you bank balance after the sporting event has completed. When the 1000 points/pounds. has been used up. you may start another thread and try again.

For fun I propose that the people/persons that reach 5000 points/pounds get added to a role of honour which will consist of final amount and number of bets it took.

MarcusMel
4th March 2005, 17:32
Wall of SHAME!!

Vegyjones the first one to lose 1000 mythical pounds.

vegyjones
4th March 2005, 17:34
:pk1 :dunker :bnk :dung :nutter :thechop :hamm :flush

vegyjones
4th March 2005, 17:35
How come that's allowed through the swear filter :laugh

Onlyforfun
4th March 2005, 17:49
Whats the crack with odds. On win onlys and EW surely SP is best???

If not, I'm happy to recalculate with my BF prices!!! :D

mathare
4th March 2005, 18:05
I am of the opinion that where SP is available bets should be settled to SP. That includes lays also.

Win2Win
4th March 2005, 18:08
Prices:
If you back or lay the bet yourself with any real money, it is settled at the price you take.
If you lay horse and do not put money on it, it is at the price you see on Betfair at the time you check pre-race.
Otherwise all bets are settled at SP.
If prices are taken, they must be specified before the off, otherwise settle at SP.
All EW bets are calculated as 1/4 the odds regardless of runners, handicap or not.

e55exboi
4th March 2005, 18:28
Il recalculate my place wins to 1/4 instead 1/5th now then!
I think Hayzee should set the rules as it was his idea :doh

Win2Win
4th March 2005, 18:52
****@*&&£**^%%&&&&%****&"*&*&***"*&"*

He asked me to post the above rules!

e55exboi
4th March 2005, 18:54
:laugh :laugh

MarcusMel
4th March 2005, 19:07
Mythical FUN folks, just calculate as suggested from now on :rolleyes:

Win2Win
4th March 2005, 19:35
Doesn't have to be spot on, but everyone is watching and a Betfair odds of 110/1 for a 5/4 SP winner @ 1/2 the odds EW will be noticed :doh

presto
4th March 2005, 20:06
Doesn't have to be spot on, but everyone is watching and a Betfair odds of 110/1 for a 5/4 SP winner @ 1/2 the odds EW will be noticed :doh

for the dingles vs sunderland game tonight. i swear i got the 90's on sunderland. honnest :D

joking aside (should probably be in rant section), some :icon_tong has been self trading at 90's on all outcomes on footy games for the past few weeks, making the betfair graph useless. ;fire ;fire ;fire

Win2Win
5th March 2005, 11:57
One last thing, try and keep stakes REALISTIC!

e55exboi
5th March 2005, 12:38
Such as laying to liabilites of £800 in 2 bets! Ooo

sparkyminer
5th March 2005, 12:52
One last thing, try and keep stakes REALISTIC!
I'll get mi coat. :(
Taxi for Sparky. Ooo :D

Win2Win
5th March 2005, 13:30
:doh They are realistic to me and other forum users. Now saying lay to £500 is too much.

e55exboi
5th March 2005, 16:08
I dont spose we're allowed in running trade offs..?

MarcusMel
5th March 2005, 16:28
You could claim anything with that:rolleyes:

TheOldhamWhisper
5th March 2005, 17:18
Can I claim Manx Royal - 1000 back - layed off at 10

Can only think somebody pressed the wrong button!

handicapper
13th November 2005, 00:26
The idea of this section is simple.
You start ONE thread with 1000 points/pounds. Before a race starts you put up your selections and update you bank balance after the sporting event has completed. When the 1000 points/pounds. has been used up. you may start another thread and try again.

For fun I propose that the people/persons that reach 5000 points/pounds get added to a role of honour which will consist of final amount and number of bets it took.

Im new on this forum and much interested in this idea. Can you tell me what's a role of honour plz? Can I have 2 thread for back and lay at the same time? If both 2 reach 5000 pts, should I have double the role of honour?????? :doh :doh . Start posting 2morrow anyway. Cheers

vegyjones
13th November 2005, 00:29
Role of honour?? Ooo

Erm, the less said about that the better :laugh :peeky

presto
13th November 2005, 00:40
the roll of honour is just your name on the post below this one.

talking of that.

;fire ;fire WHERE'S MY NAME ON THAT LIST ;fire ;fire

i am sure i made the £5k+, in fact i deffinetely made the list. it was the day england beat N ireland 3-0 but i miscalculated the stake and needed £2 to qualify. (which i got by the way)

I DEMAND TO BE PUT ON THE LIST :D

remember - it's just a bit of fun :)

Win2Win
13th November 2005, 09:46
Welcome handicapper, your avatar clashes with someone else's on here, which is very confusing....especially for Vegy who reads by pictures only :)

mathare
13th November 2005, 12:03
Not sure my name made the honours list either but it should have

I made my £5k laying horses ridden by jockeys wearing nasty looking silks

wb
7th April 2006, 15:31
By the way... Do we get a crate of beer if we get to 5 grand??

mathare
7th April 2006, 15:36
By the way... Do we get a crate of beer if we get to 5 grand??Nope. I proved this was too easy with my sartorial lays so there was no booze prize.

This thread was simply aimed to get people paper-trading new ideas and thinking more about staking

bigcumba
7th April 2006, 15:36
Afraid not Wayne, it's been done at least a couple of times already.... good try though :wink

wb
7th April 2006, 15:41
Ah well.... If ya don't ask..:)

sparkyminer
7th April 2006, 15:44
Afraid not Wayne, it's been done at least a couple of times already.... good try though :wink
And the first to do it?
Ahem.:D

wb
7th April 2006, 15:46
Are all the old sucessful threads deleted? Would love to see them.

bigcumba
7th April 2006, 15:50
Looks like they've gone Wayne.

mathare
7th April 2006, 16:01
I have all my lays in a spreadsheet at home

wb
7th April 2006, 16:03
I have all my lays in a spreadsheet at home

If you get a chance, could you send it? Im just interested to see how people did it, and how mine is comparing.

If not, its no bother. It's purely out of interest.

sparkyminer
7th April 2006, 16:05
Are all the old sucessful threads deleted? Would love to see them.
Mine was pure madness Wayne. You wouldn't bet like I did in reality. I was lumping the whole bank on odds on shots.:)

mathare
7th April 2006, 16:08
If you get a chance, could you send it? Im just interested to see how people did it, and how mine is comparing.

If not, its no bother. It's purely out of interest.If I don't send it in the next day or two give me a nudge.

It was based on the utterly ridiculous idea of laying horses ridden by jockeys wearing silks I didn't like. No form reading, no ratings, just purely based on their silks. It worked though. I think using a £10 stake I managed the 5 grand in just over a month

wb
7th April 2006, 16:11
Thats incredible mat, how you can gain 5K purely by luck as such!

mathare
7th April 2006, 16:14
Thats incredible mat, how you can gain 5K purely by luck as such!I know, I still can't really believe it.

gingertipster
14th May 2007, 16:40
Is there a thread that has Mat and Sparkys challenge? like to see and learn from how they did it.

Ginge

mathare
14th May 2007, 16:42
Is there a thread that has Mat and Sparkys challenge? like to see and learn from how they did it.I think they have been lost in an old thread cull.

Not that you could have learned anything from my superb thread anyway Ginge. Mine was based on an even more subjective measure than value. I still have to smile when I think back to that thread and the fact that it worked :laugh

MarcusMel
14th May 2007, 16:51
Sparky did it by risking all on bets he felt sure would win and made the target value and then lost the entire bank the very next bet :yikes:

Mathare - he can explain it he he wishes to.

MarcusMel
3rd February 2009, 11:11
Not sure my name made the honours list either but it should have

I made my £5k laying horses ridden by jockeys wearing nasty looking silks

Mather as a Mod could have put yourself on the list :splapme

While fun with what you did I am not sure it would have actually stood up under close inspection. Do it again and you can have one of these.