PDA

View Full Version : New Meade Scopes

Win2Win
15th April 2005, 09:55
I'm getting the 125 version of this as soon as it lands in the UK at the end of the month http://www.meade.com/etx_premier/index.html

I know I have an 8" scope, but it takes a while to setup, and this is much more portable, has a lower focal length (this matters depending on what your looking at), and is easier to use as it's as automatic as your ever going to get.

I should have my SAC CCD at in a week or two as well for taking lots of pretty pics of Vegy's galaxy :)

By the way. Low'ish in the sky, just right of South, the big bright thing is Saturn. If you have binoculars you may just pic out the main ring. If you have a 8" scope you can see the clouds on it!

John
15th April 2005, 13:10
Have the sheep moved to a further away field then K? :D

Looks like a monster scope, in fact the whole MEADE range are amazing scopes. if I had the money I'd buy one.

mathare
15th April 2005, 13:31
How much do these things go for then?

I had a telescope as a kid, just a basic one like, and used to like looking at the night sky. This all sounds dead easy with a plug and play telescope. Plug it in to your PC, press a button and it aligns itself and finds what you want to look at. Cor!

bigcumba
15th April 2005, 13:39
So I could program the scope to focus in on Kylie's :butthead: - think I'll order taht right away! :D

Win2Win
15th April 2005, 13:56
The ETX70 is around £200, the new Premier point & click range start around £500

vegyjones
15th April 2005, 13:59
I used to have a telescope!

It's amazing how different things look when you look through a telescope.
I used to see shapes and different colours floating around,
but when I took the scope away, just stars and sky...

amazing :D

Win2Win
15th April 2005, 14:37
Can you hear bells in the distance Vegy......they are coming for YOU

vegyjones
15th April 2005, 14:38
Can you hear bells in the distance Vegy......they are coming for YOU

They'll never find me...
I'm hiding in the cupboard under the stairs!!! :D

Win2Win
15th April 2005, 14:40
You don't have any stairs :doh

plater
15th April 2005, 14:40
Is there thunder and lightening where you are Vegy, my gran used to hide under the stairs when it did :doh