PDA

View Full Version : Elections

Onlyforfun
18th April 2005, 13:45
This may help you choose - it CLAIMS to be neutral.

http://www.whoshouldyouvotefor.com/

vegyjones
18th April 2005, 13:55
Labour -3
Conservative 3
Liberal Democrat 12
UK Independence Party 30
Green 46

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

presto
18th April 2005, 13:58
labour 8
conservative 44
lib dem -46
ukip 16
green -22

no shock there then :mover . i thaught the ukip may get a higher rating than that though as i am very anti-europe, but was a bit suprised that labour was on the + side - possibily because of some tory policies.

flaming norah
18th April 2005, 14:04
Interesting.............according to the site the party that most represents what I want is the Green Party, I hadn't considered voting for them. Mind you if my voting card doesn't turn up soon i won't be voting for anyone!!

lowe1
18th April 2005, 14:04
Labour -30
Conservative -21
Liberal Democrat 12
UK Independence Party 17
Green 16

well nearly right for me

GlosRFC
18th April 2005, 14:22
Despite claims to the contrary it does seem to be heavily biased in favour of the Green party. It had the temerity to suggest I should vote for Porrit's Party when, in all likelihood, I'd more likely stick my X against the Monster Raving Loony Party.

What made this prediction even harder to swallow is that I indicated my vehement opposition to all things green, e.g. bring back foxhunting, encourage more smoking in public places, strong support for our involvement in Iraq, and a definite no-no against the concept of road-charging. On all of the other categories, Health, Education, Europe, etc. I was neutral. And yet it still suggested a significant swing from the party I'm most likely to vote for to the Green party of 35 points. Ha!

Vic
18th April 2005, 14:59
Maybe the Greens policy is to be nice and say yes to everyone and everthing - nah, no political party would ever do that would it. Apparantly I should vote for UK party, I wont be doing that - I'll be voting for the party that I think have a possiblilty of being elected and will do least damage.

I just wish someone would listen to what the MAJORITY of people want, rather than tell them what they have to have because it's politically correct. I could go on and on but you'll be pleased that I wont ;fire

Onlyforfun
18th April 2005, 15:04
It does seem to overweight the Europe question towards UKIP as that is the only policy the party stands on. Bunch of wasters if you ask me, not even Blair thinks he'll have to have a referendum with the froggies likely to pull the plug.

bigcumba
18th April 2005, 15:31
Your expected outcome:

Labour

Your actual outcome:

Labour -28 http://www.whoshouldyouvotefor.com/tiny_grey_light.gifConservative -5 http://www.whoshouldyouvotefor.com/tiny_grey_light.gifhttp://www.whoshouldyouvotefor.com/tiny_grey_dark.gif Liberal Democrat 25http://www.whoshouldyouvotefor.com/tiny_grey_dark.gif UK Independence Party 5http://www.whoshouldyouvotefor.com/tiny_grey_dark.gif Green 65

That was funny and complete bolloks!!!

GlosRFC
18th April 2005, 17:34
On the subject of the forth-coming election, I thought it might be amusing to come up with my own proposed manifesto. So here goes:

CRIME
The police to abandon all their touch-feely social experimentation of recent years and revert back to the tried and tested methodology that criminals really are the criminals and not victims.

Legalise foxhunting. While we’re at it, we’ll legalise teddybear-baiting too. And if any animal-rights activists disagree, we’ll legalise activist-baiting also. Maybe that way we’ll encourage them to think about how to make changes to the real issues affecting vulnerable people instead of worrying about a few fluffy rabbits that get their fur shampooed on an hourly basis.

Legalise pot. And frying pans, wooden spoons and those mysterious twirly things that you’re expected to use to remove honey from jars.

EUROPE
Who actually gives a toss? Let’s just grab hold of the good things about Europe (cheaper beer, food, etc) and simply disregard all the silly things about it (the European Parliament for one). After all, the French have been doing this successfully ever since the EEC was created and it’s not hurt their economy at all.

We’ll retain decimal currency but we’ll reintroduce the use of ounces, pounds and stones. To combat any accusations of profiteering by retailers, all the new labels will automatically have 10% deducted from the price. The only other concession we will make to decimalisation is to make it a legal requirement for all pubs to sell beer in litres instead of pints (see tax and employment below).

TRANSPORT
Motorway speed limits to be increased to 80 mph and 90 mph for all new vehicles built within the past 5 years.

Speed cameras to be installed only on sections of road that have a proven incidence of causing accidents. All such speed cameras to have highly-visible signage 2 miles, 1 mile and ½ mile in advance.

Vehicles over 20 feet in length (or when the combined length exceeds 20 feet, e.g. caravans being towed) to be prohibited from using any of the outer lanes of a motorway.

Tarmac all land within the boundaries of the M25 and the A406, A205, and A41, thus creating the largest carpark in Europe. Free underground transport into central London will also be provided. At a stroke this will eliminate the Congestion Charge and provide more than enough room for everyone to park.

FREEDOM AND DEFENCE
Abandon all talk of a national ID card scheme as there is no evidence that such a scheme will reduce the threat of terrorism one jot. We will also repeal all nanny-state legislation that has been implemented in the past 25 years such as the ban on Bombay Duck being served in Indian restaurants and the insistence that all cheeses are made from pasteurised milk. If people want to eat fly-blown, sun-dried fish and solidified milk oozing with bacteria, that’s entirely down to them.

Our future defence policy will be based on a simple best-of-three conkers game against any would-be aggressor nations.

TAX AND EMPLOYMENT
Council tax to be replaced by a system of local income taxation allied to house occupancy as opposed to rateable value. In other words, those people who make the most use of local services, e.g. families with children using schools, larger housholds creating more rubbish etc. to pay for the brunt of the services they use rather than being subsidised by single people and pensioners.

We will not reduce the level of taxation on beer but we will reduce the overall taxation burden by insisting that all beer will be served in units of a litre but sold at the same price as a pint. Thus we will still collect the same amount of revenue but everyone will have 75% extra beer to drink for free.

EDUCATION
Buy-back all land previously used as school playing fields which has been sold on for property development. Any land which has been developed to be reverted back to its original state of footie, rugger, and cricket pitches.

Reintroduce compulsory Home Economics in school. After school, everyone will spend more of their time eating than performing quadratic equations or algebra anyway, so lets make them healthier and self-sufficient while they’re at it.

IMMIGRATION
Immigrants will only be allowed to settle in the United Kingdom provided they own comparable property abroad and are prepared to exchange it with a naturalised UK citizen and their family. Local councils will be responsible for drawing up waiting lists of those people willing to emigrate to sunnier climes and, in the event of over-subscription for a particular country/location, a national lottery will be held on BBC Three and Four each Saturday night. This will have the additional benefits of providing the BBC with some scheduling that people will actually want to watch.

HEALTH
People that queue outside GP surgeries before opening times are clearly much better than they purport to be and are simply malingering. Not only will these people be excluded from any waiting time targets, thus reducing GP workloads at a stroke, but they will also be frog-marched to the nearest hospital and made to disinfect all wards against MRSA.

PENSIONS
The weekly state pension to be paid out to all people in full-time education up to the age of 18 rather than, as is currently the case, waiting until they reach 60 or 65. Invested wisely, this money will be more than enough to bridge the pensions "time-bomb" by the time they actually reach retirement age. It will also allow those who don’t reach retirement age due to ill-health to have a massive blow-out before they go or, in the case of a sudden and unexpected demise, to have a jolly good wake.

bigcumba
18th April 2005, 18:07
That was very very funny Glos, and a lot of it actually makes sense! :D

GlosRFC
18th April 2005, 18:11
I can count on your vote then? :wiggle:

Now all I need is a name for my party and an appropriately silly slogan/logo.

bigcumba
18th April 2005, 18:14
I can count on your vote then? :wiggle:

appropriately silly slogan/logo.

Yes, and how about something along the lines of 'Don't just paint over the cracks - put a Glos(s) on it!'

sportingprofit
18th April 2005, 19:16
Labour 22
Conservative 3
Liberal Democrat -5
UK Independence Party 2
Green 10

tophatter
18th April 2005, 19:32
It says I Should vote Lib Dem but I disregard that and the minor parties as this election as always is about red or blue. im + 24 labour - 55 tory.
It is badly wrong because as much as I hate the current Conservative party there is no way i despise them as much as the Uk independence party who come out at -20

GlosRFC
18th April 2005, 20:06
Thanks for that BigC - I'll sign you on as my campaign manager. Much better than my original slogan of "Promise nothing and deliver less"

Shame on you, SP and TH. There is a 3rd way and it's called Glostitution. Besides, if TH votes for me I'll introduce a policy that all football clubs with any combination of Town and Luton in their names shall be granted a guarantee of membership in the Premiership.

tophatter
18th April 2005, 20:20
We have a candidate already for that Glos. His Name is Mike Newell!

Jonny2621
18th April 2005, 22:00
Labour 0
Conservative 59
Liberal Democrat -63
UK Independence Party 43
Green -14

And i always thought i was such a liberal :D

Huggy2000
18th April 2005, 22:32
Looks like I'm a Daily Telegraph reading fascist then...

Labour 18
Conservative 29
Lib Dem -17
UKIP 37
Green -8

Only joking, I prefer The Mail :)

Win2Win
19th April 2005, 07:26
Labour 14
Conservative -3
Liberal Democrat 12
UK Independence Party 17
Green 30

:laugh At least it agrees with my views on the tories, couldn't even win a Claimer on Blackpool beach