PDA

View Full Version : betdaq

presto
22nd April 2005, 09:08
got a free £10 multi bet of them in my e-mail - so i thaught i would check out the site (been a long time), i must say i am very impressed with the extra feactures betdaq offer (compared to betfair) such feactures include:

acumulators
each-way betting
1 click betting

it's just a shame they dont have the liqudity of betfair :(

but the multibet's did get me thinking, as there was no way of laying the selections, this must mean that betdaq are acting like a traditional bookie in offering out multi's. :yikes: this made me think back to SO and the mess that happened there when they started seeding markets. i wonder if my deposit will be in trouble if these multie's go wrong for betdaq and they start making large payout's. paranoia i know - but off to see if my money is ring-fenced :box

bigcumba
22nd April 2005, 09:10
SHould be OK mate, they say the money is ring fenced, so I don't see any problems. I have the free bet as well, just trying to figure out a decent double or treble to put it on!

mathare
22nd April 2005, 09:28
I have the same e-mail and was also wondering how best to spend their tenner

presto
22nd April 2005, 09:31
heres my bet:

1 x Five-folds
(Sat) Middlesbrough v West Brom Match Odds - Middlesbrough
(Sat) Brighton v West Ham Match Odds - Draw
(Sat) Crewe v Stoke Match Odds - Stoke
(Sat) Nottm Forest v Burnley Match Odds - Nottm Forest
(Sun) Millwall v Preston (Sky) Match Odds - Draw
£10 @ 154

i work out that with a 102% book the accie price is 185/1 - havn't checked it on odd's checker yet but i would think that betdaq don't offer the best value accies. anyway the bet's free so i thaught i would go for a biggie :wink

icebreaker
22nd April 2005, 12:20
Presto,
My views on Betdaq are well known .................... I migrated over to them 6 months ago and am very happy that I did so. And no, I'm not pimping for them -- just credit where it's due. A 3% maximum Base Rate commission, fast-loading pages and a helpful/listening consumer affairs dept. Also, since nearly all of my betting nowadays is in trading I found the occasional instability of the Betfair site (crashing/ freezing/ non-loading etc) too scary. No problems of that kind whatsoever on Betdaq.

Some would argue that the liquidity on Betdaq is inadequate, but quite honestly, if you want to Back or Lay anything up to £1,000 on any particular horserace you will get matched.

ONly criticism I do have is the non-existence of the more esoteric and less-popular markets that you can get on Betfair.

vegyjones
22nd April 2005, 12:25
I don't have this e-mail ;fire

presto
22nd April 2005, 13:30
To help you make the most of our new features, we are offering you an exclusive FREE MULTIPLES BET, up to the value of £10 (€15). All you have to do is log in, click on 'My Account' and 'Personal Details' then enter Promotional Code MULT45. Then place a Multiples Bet on BETDAQ, and within 48 hours, we will credit the amount back to you (up to the value of £10/€15).

you could try the code vegy, or to be safe send them an e-mail to see if they will honour it with your account.

ice - i agree to some extent with you about betdaq, although the problem with the liquidity (to me) is - it may be there 15-30 minuites prior to a race, but if i wanted to get a full days bet's on prior to 2:00pm i would find it near impossible. i do wish betdaq well and indeed hope they start to challange betfair's supremacy soon. as i think the competition will force betfair to be more like betdaq as i prefere there (betdaq's) new feactures and customer 'respect'. as opposed to betfairs arrogance and contempt for there customers.

mathare
22nd April 2005, 13:47
Bang on Presto.

The liquidity may be there or thereabouts come racetime but for those of us who like to get them all on early the liquidity is not there

Win2Win
22nd April 2005, 14:53
Or you could sign up via the site, and then enter the code :D

susanwells
22nd April 2005, 21:22
Or you could sign up via the site, and then enter the code :D

I don`t know about you but I always think greed is an unnecessary feature of this otherwise delightful forum. :hearty

Win2Win
22nd April 2005, 21:33
Shut up and sell some books :laugh

Workshy
22nd April 2005, 21:34
We're all greedy, just in many different ways.

susanwells
22nd April 2005, 21:59
Shut up and sell some books :laugh

Oh I do, I do.. just got my half yearly royalties. :hearty

mathare
22nd April 2005, 22:09
Want me to write you a spreadsheet so you can check you got the right amount?

Win2Win
23rd April 2005, 07:01
Oh I do, I do.. just got my half yearly royalties. So I can expect two tickets to Florida in next weeks post then? :D

Maybe I should do a book on horse racing, I only need to reprint the forum!

icebreaker
23rd April 2005, 11:00
the problem with the liquidity (to me) is - it may be there 15-30 minuites prior to a race, but if i wanted to get a full days bet's on prior to 2:00pm i would find it near impossible.

Fair 'nuff ............. that is a very valid comment. I'm a "ten-minutes-before-the-race" man most of the time so I had'nt considered the liquidity problems encountered by the "early doors" players.

MarcusMel
23rd April 2005, 11:34
Maybe I should do a book on horse racing, I only need to reprint the forum!

Erm - all my posts are copywrite! :D:D

Seriously - Why not write a book - "The Win2Win practal guide to gambling"

Win2Win
23rd April 2005, 11:39
My grammar is equal to that of a smoking South African chimpanze :D

MarcusMel
23rd April 2005, 12:02
I' sure a dead writer - err ghost writer - could help - HEY Susan or FTB might help!!!

presto
23rd April 2005, 16:58
heres my bet:

1 x Five-folds
(Sat) Middlesbrough v West Brom Match Odds - Middlesbrough 4-0
(Sat) Brighton v West Ham Match Odds - Draw 2-2
(Sat) Crewe v Stoke Match Odds - Stoke 0-2
(Sat) Nottm Forest v Burnley Match Odds - Nottm Forest 1-0
(Sun) Millwall v Preston (Sky) Match Odds - Draw
£10 @ 154

:wiggle: :) :wiggle: :) :wiggle: :) :wiggle:

£1540 if pne draw tommorow
but i think i will lay off (gutless :D )

now just to work out how much to lay off, - not bad for a free bet. and thank you brighton 92nd minuit eaqualiser.

John
23rd April 2005, 17:00
Bloody hell Presto, good luck! :D

TheOldhamWhisper
26th April 2005, 22:53
WARNING!

Before entering your code, check there are actually 'Multi' markets available!!!

Looks like I'm stuck with a double on tomorrow night's football :(